The Shipman 63’ is a phenomenon – fast, easy sailing for short crews, the ability to mile munch without effort, and a light airy interior enabling those onboard to live well. HAGAZUSSA III has been professionally maintained through life and although she has sailed far, she shows little sign of the miles beneath her keel. She has a modern, designer interior and stunning Ferrari red livery.
HAGAZUSSA III is arguably best Shipman 63 ever build for repetitive Shipman client. She is build number 23. She represents true Shipman mentality of being fast, safe, easy to handle, comfortable and efficient cruising boat. The owner built this yacht for a shorthanded circumnavigation. She encompasses a unique gimbaled saloon self-levelling saloon area, developed together with ocean racing specialists and many other practical and simple solutions. An average of 4 crew members enjoyably sailed HAGAZUSSA around the globe in 2011-12. After 30,000 nautical miles she was completely checked and fully maintained every year by the same maintenance team. This team is available and ready to support her new owner if required.
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Carbon and glass fibres, epoxy pre-preg construction. Hull, deck, structural bulkheads and internal structure.
- AWL Grip external paint, new 2015. Hull Ferrari red, coach roof Cristal silver metallic and deck Medium silver with antiskid.
- Teak in cockpit floor and seats only.
- Carbon retractable bowsprit.
- Carbon hydraulic driven transom platform.
- Carbon radar pole at the transom.
- Integrated carbon rotating passarelle (cockpit transom seat).
- Integrated dingy garage and/or storage under cockpit floor, access from cockpit or transom platform.
Keel & Rudder:
- Lifting keel in carbon keel trunk. Keel fin is Duplex welded and CNC machined with lead bulb.
- Twin carbon Isotop rudders with JP3 self-aligning bearings.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Yanmar 4JH4 110hp diesel engine.
- ZF 45-I gearbox.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine Hours: 2,406 as at 29-11-17.
- All machinery has been maintained in accordance with the manufacturers’ recommendations.
Propulsion & Steering:
- 24” Bruntons folding 4-bladed propeller.
- 2 x visible Carbon steering consoles with Solimar spectra lines steering system.
- 2 x visible carbon steering wheels 900mm.
- Hydraulic power pack Marine&Hydraulics 2x6 kW DC PowerPack.
- Hydraulic bowthruster Maxpower VIP250.
- Hydraulic transom platform.
- Hydraulic anchor arm.
- 4 x Hydraulic Harken cockpit winches.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Fresh water pump Whale with 15l SS compensator.
- 50l Isotherm water heater connected to main engine.
- Watermaker Spectra Newport 1000 with additional Remote Control at chart table.
- Central bilge pump system Giannesci.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Self-levelling gimbaled saloon with manual or automatic level switch
- Furniture in Ultralight marine block board (280kg/m3) Painted in Awlgrip VESTAL WHITE.
- Toilet tops in brush stainless steel (practical for cleaning).
- Flush toilets- Tecma Silent Plus, electric flush.
- Brushless silent ventilators in saloon, galley and each cabin.
- Headroom in saloon = 6’2” / 1.90m.
- Headroom in owners’ cabin = 6’2” / 1.90m.
- Length and widths of the berth in the owners’ cabin L X W= 6’10” / 2.1m x 5’10” / 1.8m.
- Hall Spars, 34-700 standard modulus pre-preg carbon, deck stepped with two spreaders.
- Harken mainsail switch track and sliders. Visible carbon clear coat finish. Lower spreaders down lights. Spectra halyards and sheets.
- Navtec rod rigging- replaced NEW in 2015.
- Carbon V-boom, 34-700 standard modulus pre-preg carbon, with integrated lazy bag and sail cover. Three reefing lines. Visible carbon clear coat. 2x Boom cockpit lights. Navtec hydraulic outhaul cylinder, operated from cockpit.
- Nautec hydraulic vang, twin backstay and boom outhaul controlled from steering position.
- Running backstays and inner forestay in Kevlar.
- Reckmann carbon foil headsail furler; furling line led on hydraulic winch in cockpit.
- ALL Harken deck equipment.
- 4 x Harken 990 Carbon top hydraulic winches.
- I: 22.70m.
- J: 8.00m.
- P: 22.59m.
- E: 7.50m.
- Itop: 24.48m.
- J bowsprit: 10.45m.
- Mainsail full batten: 101 sqm.
- Jib 106%: 94 sqm.
- Furling code “0” (on optional bowsprit): 180 sqm.
- Furling code “5”: 200 sqm.
- Spinnaker (asymmetrical): 312 sqm.
- Main: Doyle NEW 2016.
- Jib: Doyle NEW 2015.
- Doyle Code 0 on endless Facnor Fx7000 furler with torque rope.
- Doyle Code 5 in nylon.
- Doyle Asymmetrical spinnaker with snuffer.
- Doyle storm inner headsail.
- Cockpit table with integrated drawer fridge and folding flaps.
- Custom build carbon dinghy in transom garage with 4hp Yamaha outboard.
- Storage in cockpit seats, and lazarette.
- LPG storage in cockpit floor 3x 3kg LPG aluminium bottles insulated from interior.
- Bauer Junior2 diving bottles compressor.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Maxwell 3500 electric windlass, with bow and helm controls.
- Anchor CQR 34 Kg, 80m stainless steel 10mm chain, anchor on hydraulically retracting carbon anchor arm.
- Spare anchor Fortress 32 lbs with 8mm chain and rope.
- Pop-up mooring line winch Sanguinetti-Chiavari 24v, 1000W.
- 6 folding mooring cleats.
- 10 Avon deflatable fenders with protection. Complete mooring lines set.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Spray dodger NEW in 2016.
- Bimini over helm and cockpit area.
- Cockpit cushions.
- Cockpit rope bags.
Tender & Outboard:
- Custom built 3m carbon rigid bottom dinghy.
- 8hp Yamaha Enduro outboard on integrated folding bracket.
- 8 sets lifejackets with safety lines.
- 8 person life raft- valise package.
- Raymarine Life tag system M.O.B.
- 5 x 2 kg fire extinguishers (aft cabin/engine room fire port, cockpit locker, navigation area, galley/salon, sail locker).