OCEAN WOLF is a wonderful cruising yacht of the first quality. She was substantially refitted in 2008 and has taken her current owner and his family throughout the Mediterranean in comfort and safety. With her Doug Petersen design she offers good sailing capabilities and she is maintained by a Captain who is experienced in the care and maintenance of Jongerts. She is being offered at a sensible price level and her owner is keen to sell.
We have loved owning OCEAN WOLF. During our ownership we have cruised with her throughout the Mediterranean from Antibes to Istanbul. We have explored the Balearics, Corsica, Sardinia, Rome, Venice and Corfu. We have also spent time aboard enjoying the cruising grounds of both Greece and Turkey. One of the things that I like best about OCEAN WOLF apart from her beauty and comfort, is that I have always felt safe onboard cruising with our kids. She is very stable and even when we were caught out in a meltemi in the Greek Islands, we knew that OCEAN WOLF could easily handle the weather.
OCEAN WOLF has been part of the family for over 7 years and we have thoroughly enjoyed several weeks every summer onboard. Our mission is now completed as we have toured the entire Mediterranean Sea. Our kids are now older and will not be joining us as often, so we are reluctantly downsizing to a smaller yacht.
- New teak deck.
- New bars for staysail sheet.
- New air conditioning.
- New intelligent Seawage Treatment by Hamnan.
- Painted and varnished superstructure.
- Raymarine Radar / plotter with repeater at chart table.
- Raymarine Lifetag overboard system
- Sailor VHF and Inmarsat-C Transceiver
- AIS system.
- B & G H3000 sailing instrumetation
- Zodiac Life Raft ISO 9650
- McMurdo EPIRB
- New washing machine.
- New dryer.
- New stove and oven combo.
- Refurbishment of Fridge and freezer.
- Re-upholstering armchairs in master cabin and saloon.
- Renewal of carpet in cabin owner and guests.
- Deep service of main engine.
- Deep service of generator.
- New gel batteries for engine and service banks.
- New battery charger and converter.
- New water pump and pipes for hot and cold water.
- New water heater (2012).
- Review and fine tuning of WCs.
- New navigation lights with LED lamps.
- New WI FI antenna.
- New dinghy and outboard engine (2012)
- Painted mast from deck to the first spreader (2012).
- New bowsprit (2013).
- Replacement of some sections of standing rigging (2014)
- Replacement of deckheads, saloon, owner and guest cabin (2014)
- New cover entrance to the engine room from the cockpit (2014)
- Reviewing, changing gasket and seals of the rudder hydraulic cylinder (2015)
- Paint treatment inside bilges of the master cabin, lounge, guest cabins, chain locker and part of engine room (2015)
- Varnishing pilot station roof (2015)
Note: During the refit in 2008, the mainsail traveler installation was relocated from deck to the top of the deckhouse to enable unhindered manoeuvers.
RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Steel hull, deck and superstructure with teak laid decks to ring deck and cockpit; stainless steel and teak trim.
- Teak deck (2008).
- Painted and varnished superstructure (2008).
Keel & Rudder:
- Long fin keel with protected skeg hung rudder.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Mercedes M 407 – 6 Cylinders 166.3 kW / 223 hp.
- Twin disc gearbox.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine Hours: 9,622 as of 06-01-17.
- Max Speed: 9.50 Knots.
- Cruising Speed: 8 Knots
- Range: 1,350 nm.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Hydromat twin prop, hydraulic.
- Fixed propeller.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Quick boiler B3 water heating system.
- Desalator 180 litres per hour
- Bilge Pumps with bilge alarm.
- Total capacity of 2,400 litres.
- Total capacity of 2,200 litres.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Blackwater holding tanks 500 litres.
- Hamann super Mini 7618 waste treatment system.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Owner’s Cabin: Double bed, en-suite heads compartment
- 2 x Guest Cabin: Each with upper and lower berths; lower can be converted into a double, and each with an en-suite heads compartment
- Crew cabin: single berth and en-suite heads compartment
- Rondal hydraulic, in-mast reefing system for main and mizzen, hydraulic Rondal furling for foresails.
- 2 x Rondal Aluminium masts (height from waterline 25 m).
- 2 x Rondal Aluminium booms.
- Bowsprit (2013).
- 2 x 65 ST Electric.
- 1 x 66 ST Electric.
- 3 x 55 ST.
- 3 x 52 ST.
- 3 x 46 ST.
Sails (Halsey Lidgard):
- Bathing ladder.
- Deck wash system.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Lofrans Model Falcon Windlass.
- 1 x CQR 105 lb anchor.
- 1 x CQR 75 lb anchor.
- Diameter 14 mm – Length 95 m chain.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Canvas cover.
- Awning and bimini.
- Sun mattresses.
Tender & Outboard:
- Joker 315 tender (2012) with TOHATSU 11 kW / 1 hp outboard – 4 Stroke – (2012).
- Zodiac 8 passenger liferaft.
- Life Jackets.
- Life belts.
- Distress flares.
- McMurdo EPIRB.