KING DADDY has been sailed as a family boat first and foremost, and has not lacked in maintenance or upgrades. There is nothing quite like the interior woodworking done by Nautor’s highly skilled workforce and of course, the commitment using top quality materials throughout the boat.
KING DADDY is reluctantly for sale as the family has developed a full on racing bug, with young sons actively sailing around the world, so life and plans have changed dramatically! She has an excellent sail package/electronics and of course, the carbon rig, all a huge plus for this Swan.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Teak on side decks and centerline recess, 11mm at time of build (extra thick).
- Deck hardware removed, decks sanded, fittings rebedded in 2015.
- Teak toerail, with open roller fairleads fwd, amidships and aft.
- Toerail varnished May 2016 with another coat scheduled during winter layup.
- Red hull (originally red gelcoat, now awlgrip), polished 2016.
- Stern and cabin top painted 2013, bow painted 2014.
- Blatiplate bottom paint, 2016.
- New zincs 2016.
- Thru hulls serviced 2016.
Keel & Rudder:
- Lower Rudder bearing JP3 new 2016, done at Hinckley Yard.
- Top rudder bearing serviced, 2016.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Yanmar 4JH-UTBE 96HP main engine, cruising speed 7 knots, max 8.9 knots.
Cockpit Control Panels:
- Port side is Icom IC M602 VHF, B&G repeater, Poly Planar radio.
- Genoa sheet & main sheet buttons.
- Vang release.
- Boom & outhaul controls.
- Furling control.
- Stbd side is Engine controls.
- Warning light panel.
- Windlass and furling controls.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Main engine hours: 6692 as of Sept 2016.
- Engine work includes rebuilding alternator (2015) and mounting bracket (2015), new engine mounts, new main seal between transmission and engine, new Racor filters, new soft fuel line hoses for short runs, PSS shaft seal serviced, in addition to routine engine maintenance.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Prop Speed, prop and shaft 2016.
- Cutlass bearings (both), 2016.
- Max prop serviced and greased, 2015.
- Carbon Fiber destroyer type wheel with stainless spare.
- Steering cables serviced 2016.
- Max Power Bow thruster, retractable, rebuilt 2013 including rewiring.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Water filtration system in galley 2013.
- Twin water pressure pumps.
- Hot water heater, both engine and 110V driven.
- Spectra watermaker, 400 gph, rebuilt 2013 and serviced 2014 and 2015.
- Electric bilge pump.
- Bilge cycles meter.
Summary of Accommodation:
- The interior is the “standard” Swan 56 layout, which is owner forward with offset double to stbd and ensuite head/shower stall.
- The second companionway aft splits the two aft cabins, double to stbd and upper/lower on port side. To accommodate possible racing plans, there is a removable pipe berth stbd side salon, as well as forepeak berths.
- The interior upholstery sets off the main salon area, which has a u-shaped settee to stbd, and offset teak dining table, and two removable teak dining chairs.
- Port side of the main salon is the TV installation, etc.
- Door hardware replaced 2013.
- New upholstery 2013, navy ultrasuede with dark blue sunbrella covers.
- Corian is a beige fleck pattern in galley
- Curtains new 2013.
- Custom mattresses, 2013.
- Custom mattress pads & sheets 2013.
- Custom linens.
- Interior teak revarnished 2013 with high gloss on trim
- Floorboards varnished 2013.
- Teak grates in heads varnished 2013 and 2015.
- New mirrors in heads, 2013.
- New bulkhead lighting fixtures 20913.
- Set of racing floorboards 2014, nonskid.
- Racing salon cushions 2013.
- Removable pipe berth for stbd side salon.
- Racing mattresses and covers 2013.
- Repaired/serviced/replaced cabinet hardware 2015.
- Replaced Velcro for headliner 2016.
- Custom companionway, sideboard, and bunk covers 2013.
- Full set of wall covers for racing, 2015.
- Custom lucite plate and glass holders, 2014.
- Carbon Offshore rig, 2007 (originally built with in mast furling system).
- Park Avenue boom, carbon.
- New boom vang tang 2015.
- Reckmann Hydraulic headstay furling, rebuilt 2013.
- Carbon backstay 2013 (EC6).
- Rod rigging replaced 2007.
- Colored coded running rigging 2013, with ongoing replacements.
- Mast tracks for Storm TrySail.
- Remounted and thru bolted inner forestay stem fitting 2015.
- Navtec hydraulic vang (rebuilt 2015), backstay and outhaul (rebuilt 2014), panel located on fwd side of steering pedestal.
- Emergency vang release each side of helm.
- Harken traveler/cars.
- Genoa tow lines.
- Inner Forestay.
- Tuff luff for racing 2014.
- Various winch handles, snatch blocks.
- Lewmar 77 SEST electric primaries, 3 speed, moved aft near helm.
- Electric L65ST’s in center cockpit, with four jammers each side, jammers 2013.
- Main sheet L54 EST with extra buttom near helm.
- Four jammers in aft cockpit.
- L44 CST main sheet winch.
- Secondary/runner winches in cockpit L54 ST.
- Two fwd halyard winches L54ST, with double jammer each side of mast.
- Lewmar anchor windlass, installed 2007, serviced 2014.
- New 125mm and 150 mm foot blocks and halyard block 2013.
- 2014 Spectra Gatorback Main.
- 2014 Spectra Gatorback Roller furling jib.
- 2009 3DL racing main.
- Cruising gennaker.
- AP-2 spinnaker.
- Race storm jib.
- Delivery storm jib.
- Main trysail.
- Two carbon spinnaker poles.
- Carbon custom bow sprit, removable, for asym 2010.
- SST bars in forepeak for hanging lines.
- Carbon fiber radar pole with light, dinghy hoist and various antennas, 2009.
- Hydraulically operated stern bathing platform with ladder.
- SST dorados.
- SST roller fairleads.
- SST guard rails/stepping rails either side of coachroof.
- Stanchions gates each side, opening pushpit.
- Deck prisms over galley & nav area.
- Padeyes for clipping in jack lines.
- Four opening hatches on foredeck (each fwd cabin, head and passageway), lexan replaced 2013.
- Fwd sliding hatch is recessed.
- Carbon kick plate installed 2016.
- Stern pulpit grill.
- American & Cayman flags.
- Lee cloth board.
- Misc parts, pumps, electrical spares.
- Bosun’s chair.
- Cockpit table.
- Various manuals.
- Trailer, older style, came with boat when this owner purchased, is state registered.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 10’ stainless chain, 200’ 9/16th ht chain, 100’ braid.
- SST anchor on bow.
- Spare Fortress anchor.
- Fenders/dock lines.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Bow seat.
- Replaced aft dodger frame 2014.
- Transom cover.
- Mainsail cover 2007, and extended 2014.
- Aft cockpit Bimini.
- Boom tent awning 2013.
- Dodgers for both cockpits, 2013 with new frame 2015 for main companionway.
- Main salon table cover.
- Full cockpit cushions, 2013, white with red piping.
- Wheel cover.
- Cleat guards for two foredeck cleats.
Tender & Outboard:
- Bracket & lift for hanging outboard motor on stern pulpit.
- 10 man liferaft with Deck Shell.
- Ditch bag.
- Lifejackets, basic.
- Toolbag on back of engine room door.
- 2 jacklines.