1. With an extendable mast, MITseaAH is the only sailboat in the world to have the ability to cruise under the Brooklyn Bridge in New York City.
2. Singular, performance machine, embodied in unique architectural and visual experience.
3. Complex deck plan is unique with two tenders and dining lounges both fore and aft.
4. Massive swimming pool on the fore deck that doubles as tender storage for the Riva.
5. Accommodations for 9 guests in 4 staterooms including the master, all with en suites. The office can easily be converted to a cabin, sleeping an additional 2 guests with en-suite, for a total of 11 guests.
6. Cruising speeds in excess of 20 knots under power by 2 x MAN diesel engines.
7. Range of 3,000nm when motorsailing or operating under a single engine with the second feathered.
8. Construction of the hull, deck, and superstructure is Alustar aluminum.
9. Crew accommodations for 8 in a high-spec crew area.
10. Extremely bright main salon with excellent ceiling height; features include a dining salon, bar, and raised observation lounge.
Not for sale to US residents or citizens while in U.S waters. MITseaAH is currently under boat show bond.
Major works carried out during the Feb/March 2018 Yard Period at
- ALL BATTERY BANKS INSPECTED LOAD TESTED (PRT ENGINE/GEN
BANK; STB ENG/GEN BANK; SERVICE BANK; EMERGENCY BANK; RADIO BANK)
- BANKS COMPLETELY REPLACED: STB ENG/GEN (2017); PRT
ENG/GEN (2018); SERVICE (2018) (ABS SURVEY INSPECTION REQUIREMENT)
- HULL TOUCH UP PRIMER COAT + TWO COMPLETED COATS + EXTRA
BELLY BAND COAT (PETIT HYDROCOAT ECO)
- PROP SPEED APPLIED TO PROPELLORS, SHAFTS AND INTAKE
- ALL UNDERWATER ZINC ANODES REPLACED
- NEW THORDON TG100 SHAFT SEALS (x2) (ABS SURVEY
- NEW THORDON EMERGENCY SEAL UNITS (x2)
- PROPELLOR SHAFTS EXTRACTED; TURNED AND OVERHAULED (x2)
(ABS SURVEY INSPECTION REQUIREMENT)
- PROPELLOR SHAFT BEARINGS INSPECTED; TOLERANCE MEASURED
AND FOUND IN GOOD CONDITION (ABS INSPECTION SURVEY REQUIREMENT)
- SEAWATER BALLAST TANK REPAIR WORK COMPLETED (ABS SURVEY
- NEW MAIN BILGE PUMP INSTALLED (ABS SURVEY INSPECTION
- FIRE MONITORING SYSTEM INSPECTED AND SERVICED
- ENGINE ROOM FIRE SUPPRESSION SYSTEM OVERHAULED
- OILY WATER SEPARATOR OVERHAUL SERVICE (ABS SURVEY
- AIR COMPRESSORS OVERHAUL SERVICE (x2)
- FUEL/OIL TRANSFER PUMPS OVERHAUL SERVICE (x2)
- BRIDGE/WHEELHOUSE ELECTRICAL 24V NAVIGATION FEED
- TENDER/RESCUE BOAT OUTBOARD MOTOR OVERHAULED SERVICE
- ABS ANNUAL SURVEY 2017/18 COMPLETED AND CERTIFICATE
- ABS HAS PASSED THE SCHEDULED 2019 HAUL-OUT SURVEY FOR
SHAFTS AND SEALS DURING THIS SURVEY PERIOD (NOW NEXT DUE 2020)
- OTHER REGULAR MAINTENANCE ITEMS WERE CARRIED OUT AND
- CAYMAN ISLANDS ANNUAL SURVEY TO BE COMPLETED APRIL 5
- MAIN ENGINE DIAGNOSTIC EVALUATION BEING CONDUCTED
TUESDAY APRIL 3RD 2018
- MAIN ENGINE MAINTENANCE SERVICING SCHEDULED AFTER
Aluminum hull with aluminum superstructure and teak decks.
The concept for SY MITseaAH was to create a singular performance machine, embodied in a unique architectural and visual experience. The resulting vessel, constructed by Pendennis Shipyard Ltd, has pushed the boundaries of super yacht design, engineering and seagoing capability.
The underlying performance requirement was of a dual nature: high speed motoring (25knots sprint at half-load), or alternately, performance sailing. The lifestyle brief was to deliver "uncompromised" super yacht accommodation, an effective crew service plan, and unique style. Operation of the ship was to be practical, flexible, and above all, safe.
Above water, LP DESIGN UK aimed to draw a boat with an "identity" appropriate for its type. Precedents were obviously limited. While the profile is streamlined, this muscular design looks to the past in many ways, e.g. ship-like flared bow, protective bulwarks, modified counter stern, "Trumpy" cabin windows, range of deck spaces and purposeful expression of architectural detail. The complex deck plan is unique, with 2 tenders and dining lounges both fore and aft.
The hull form, developed by Pedrick Yacht Designs, resembles a high-performance sailing dinghy, scaled-up to 268 tons lightship. The dual mission of fast motoring and efficient sailing called for an innovative approach to appendage design and the propulsion system. To minimize ballast, a deep bulb keel extends to a 7.4m draft while sailing but swings up centerboard-style to just 2.5m for powering and harbor access, with the bulb housed entirely within the hull. When the keel is lowered for sailing, water ballast is added aft for trim balance.
Cruising speeds in excess of 20 knots under power have been achieved from the yacht's clean-lined underbody, moderately light displacement and twin diesels totaling 7000 bhp.
Complementing the dinghy-like sailing underbody is an innovative; telescoping, fractional rig, which maximizes sail area while meeting a required air draft of only 38.7m (127') for New York's Brooklyn Bridge. The headstay and shrouds are fixed at this height while an unstayed topmast rises an additional 9m (30'). The topmast remains deployed except for bridge transits, and the mainsail is hoisted normally via the world's largest (to date) Marten Liesureful boom. The 3-spreader carbon sloop rig with telescoping topmast was engineered to the classification standards of Germanischer Lloyd.
MITseaAH's development program included tank and wind-tunnel tests, finite element structural analysis (for hull details, keel support and rig), sound and vibration attenuation, ABS/MCA code compliance, plus mock-ups and finish samples. Lengthy study went into many areas, including the weight estimate, rig type, keel and rudder mechanisms, mechanical and electronic equipment, space planning, natural and artificial lighting, sliding roof, boarding systems and tenders.
Construction of the hull, deck and superstructure is in Alustar, engineered to a lightweight standard by Pedrick Yacht Designs for classification by the American Bureau of Shipping. The entire structure was modeled in a combination of 3D and 2D elements for numerically controlled (NC) plate-cutting. All aspects of vessel design, engineering and construction have been certified to the MCA Code of Practice.
The "transitional" styling of the internal design is atypical, many points being covered with the photos. The basic approach is a "holistic" one intended to merge exterior and interior experiences. Where possible and practical, the third dimension height was exploited to create engaging, individualized spaces that impact beyond simple surface decoration. Finishes, materials and joiner details are designed to create harmony and interest, while avoiding cliché’ and pretension.
Five ensuite staterooms accommodate the Owner's party aft; a high-spec crew apartment for eight professionals lies forward. The saloon has four architecturally distinct leisure areas: Main Lounge, Dining Salon, Drink Bar, and raised Observation Lounge for views forward. Particular attention was paid to internal sightlines, room orientation, ergonomics at sea, ventilation, indirect and task lighting, custom furnishings, and art presentation.
Built by Pendennis Shipyard to the stylish designs of Liebowitz & Prichard, MITseaAH, the 155.84ft (47.50m) motorsailor is undoubtedly one of the most ground breaking launches of the 21st century. She has a unique ability to perform under high speed, power or sail.
“No art work, owner’s personal possessions, or crew personal possessions are included in the sale of MITseaAH, the only items included are those listed on the specification sheet.”
The name MITseaAH is reserved. Owner’s personal effects. All items not specifically shown on this listing sheet.