The Hallberg-Rassy 62 is a well proven, blue water cruising yacht and BIZ is a great example of her class. Little used through life, she spent much of her life laid up ashore under cover. In this ownership she has been brought to life and totally refitted with the idea in mind of undertaking a full circumnavigation. Her new owner need only step aboard, provision and go.
We bought and refitted BIZ with the idea of a world cruise in mind. As we cruise as a family it was very important to us that every component was checked and that the yacht was updated so that she would be as comfortable and safe as possible for our adventure. However, our plans have now change and so we have decided that it is time for a new family to take BIZ on this great adventure.
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hand lay-up method with woven rovings, isophtalic polyester and isophtalic gelcoat, colour number white 1000.
- The hull is insulated from 20 cm under the water line up with Divinycell PVC foam core.
- There is a decorative blue stripe in gelcoat.
- A rubbing strake with stainless strip situated below the blue stripe.
- The underwater hull is painted with two coats of epoxy primer and two coats of antifouling.
- Blue double water line.
- Built-in longitudinal and athwartships stiffener.
- Well maintained teak deck.
- 3 x Layers micron primer.
- 4 x Layers micron international anti-fouling (May 2016).
Keel & Rudder:
- Lead keel bolted on with 14 M36 stainless steel keel bolts.
- Keel bolts are accessible without moving the tanks.
- Also the deep bilge is easily accessible.
- The Rudder in GRP, rudder shaft 100 mm stainless steel.
- Heavy cast bronze rudder fittings.
- High class roller bearings.
- Keel bolts tightened and secured.
- New rudder bearing and packing on main shaft.
- Deck wash with fresh/salt/bilge function.
- All hull valves replaced with stainless/brass – all with plugs attached.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Hot and cold pressurised water system.
- Calorifier with 220v immersion for the production of hot water.
- 140 litre/hr Watermaker with mineral filter.
- Bilge pumps.
Summary of Accommodation:
- 10 berths in 4 separate cabins.
- All floorboards sealed with cushioning tape.
- All new portholes and windows – all 2mm thicker than standard, UV stabilized acrylic.
- Mattress toppers master’s and bow
- Teak interior.
Description of layout from forwards:
There is a spacious double cabin for crew with lots of storage and with a large hatch for access onto the deck. There is a door from this cabin to a heads compartment with a separated shower stall. This is shared by 2 large forward cabins. There is access from the starboard cabin to the main saloon which has 2 generous upper and lower berth berths with a double berth to port. The main saloon has a U shaped seating area to port with a bench seat to allow for 8 to dine comfortably. There are 2 sofas to port with the chart table aft of these. The galley is a u-shaped storm comfortable type. Access to the master’s bedroom via the navigation desk. Centerline double berth and en-suite heads and separate shower. The whole interior is executed in teak. Access to engine room walk in type via the corridor at the navigation table.
- Cutter headed furling rig which is keel stepped.
- Running backstays with self-locking blocks for easy handling.
- All new ropes, halyards etc.
- Full rig NDT tested by Selden 06/2015.
- White painted mast and boom.
- Carbon boom and vang wrapped pistons.
- Anti-lightning system installed.
- Spare storm halyard.
- Carbon spinnaker boom (2016) with selden connectors
- Gennaker with al blocks and ropes.
- All winch positions revised.
- North Sails genoa (2016).
- North Sails mainsail (2016).
- Elvestrom staysail
- Spare elvstrom genoa and mainsail.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Bimini by all round sails with 6 x solar flexible panels.
Tender & Outboard:
- Highfield dinghy 2.8m all version with double bottom and 15hp Honda 4-stroke outboard. Refueling from mothership with fueling pistol under pressure. Retractable beach wheels NZ.
- UV protection cover added.
- Simpson parabolic davits with stitched leather protection – manual.
- Ocean 6-person liferaft (2016).
- Safety port side net for casualty recovery.
- Full engine room co2 installation.