SYMPOSIA has contemporary styling and is a technically advanced performer. The exterior lines form an uninterrupted curve from bow to stern resulting in a sleek look that provides great protection in heavy seas. Seamless smoked glass windows, and a raked archway mast completes the sweeping form.
Stern access is from the cockpit up to the aft deck with sheltered bench seating and a contoured table. Double sliding glass doors lead into the main salon; which is detailed in understated luxury with a curved velour leather couch, complimented by a full, compact wet bar with icemaker and small glass encased wine rack. An offset cabinet conceals a hydraulically raised large screen television and home entertainment system with eight speakers and a subwoofer.
Each area in this space is highly functional. The salon has low profile maple cabinets, several bowed 180 degree doors, some with glass fronts and showcase lighting. The dining area has a recessed ceiling dome of hammered gold leaf above the elliptical eight seat dining table. The spacious forward galley also serves as a dinette, with a circular pedestal table large enough to accommodate a party of eight. This area is lit by glass on either side, which allows for panoramic viewing.
"SYMPOSIA" accommodates eleven guests in five staterooms plus crew aft. From the main salon, a port stairwell leads to the midship full beam master suite and guest areas. The foyer is detailed in marble Roman design. Access to the master suite is through double doors. A king size bed, burled bedside tables, two full length cedar-lined drawers are finished in Birch and Maple.
All suites feature full entertainment centers, as well as two-line telephones and closed circuit television. Separate doors on either side of the owner’s bed lead to a his & hers bathroom, which features twin basins, heads with smoked glass privacy screens, marble flooring and a shower/spa tub. Faucets and fittings are gold plated and the ceiling is mirrored. The guest area also has a laundry room with washer/dryer.
The lower deck arrangement has an overall feeling of spaciousness and flexibility. There is an optional study to starboard, directly adjacent to the master stateroom with a work station, which can also double as a small extra suite with convertible rollout couch. This connects in turn to a compact bathroom with shower, which is also accessible from the foyer. Further aft are two ensuite matching double guest staterooms. An arrangement of glass doors allows the entire starboard side of the accommodations to be interconnected and grouped into one large private suite if desired. The forward accommodations are reached by a starboard stairwell from the galley and day area. This leads to a compact, though very comfortable double suite with pedestal bed and a head with a recessed full glass shower stall, and a twin bunked berth with a hand basin concealed by folding cabinets. The interior furnishings and cabinetry are first rate quality. Features include cabinetry and paneling throughout of Eastern Maple and Karelian Burls.
The interior finishes throughout are tastefully executed to maximize comfort and elegance. One will find select beige tone marble tiling featured in the foyer and heads. All countertops are granite, and all interior cabinetry hardware is Blum or Jado topline. Headliners throughout are prestige shell Majilite, incorporated using Whisper walls system. There is custom hand blocked silk wallpaper throughout, gold leaf soffit above formal dining area, and Donghia furniture throughout. Dining and cocktail table glass tops by Schlanser Design. The head faucets are Kallista Mino, finished in gold.
Located forward of the helm area is the large "country kitchen" style galley with all the necessary amenities and top of the line appliances, marble countertops and raised wraparound dining table for party of 8-10 guests.
- SubZero 48” refrigerator/freezer
- Dacor 27” stainless microwave/oven
- Viking stainless trash compactor
- Franke stainless sink
- Gaggeneau 5burner touch top stove
- Sharp stainless steel microwave oven
- Faber ventilator
- Commercial grade cooking utensils
- (2) Fisher/Paykel dishwashers
Hull construction is a US built Westport hull, all cored including interior decking, bulkheads and double-cored hull. This translates to superior strength-to-weight ratio. The cap rail is varnished teak and the rub rails are solid 2” PVC with stainless steel strikers. The paint is Awlgrip Matterhorn white. All exterior doors (made by Pacific Coast Marine) are watertight. All windows are superior sealing frameless 3/8” glass (in the pilothouse they are ½” frameless). All port lights are 316 stainless steel with screens (SCM of Italy) with deadlights.
- (2) 6-Person DBC global life rafts
- (2) Muir 200 lb. stern capstans
- (2) Davis anchors (390 lbs.) w/400’ 5/8” chain each,
- Side boarding ladder
- Coast Guard safety package
On the flybridge, there are three captain chairs (Stidd) and full duplicate controls (including 2 wing stations). There is a spa pool for seven persons, full wet bar, a full-size rotisserie barbecue grill and serving station. On the aft part of the upper deck is an 18' tender and room for other water toys. There are a total of six control stations around the boat for dockside maneuvering.
- Robertson S9 jog steering
- New plotter 2013 & depth
- Furuno Max Sea 3D multifunction display
- Twin stations port & starboard
- (2) L-Shaped settees
- SubZero refrigerator
- Wet bar with sink
- ULine icemaker
- (4) Burner rotisserie barbecue grill
- (7) Person Jacuzzi
- Low Profile boat davit
- 18’ Novurania tender, 115HP Mercury outboard
- (1) SeaDoo Jetski - 2015
- Liferaft (new 2015)
This area is accessed by port or starboard stairs and has 2 helm chairs (Stidd) with good visibility, full electronics, and is easily accessible. There is also a great seating area for 6 to 8 persons with raised settee and table offering a 270 degree view.
The engine beds are fabricated aluminum over hull stringers. The main engines utilize water jacket underwater exhaust with low idle bypass to stern of vessel. The generators utilize water separated, silenced exhausts to stern. Air ventilation is induced and exhausted by sound insulated columns to boat deck. The seawater cooling is accomplished with oversized sea chests. All machinery is isolated or hydrostatically mounted to reduce vibration while in operation. Bulkhead penetrations have vibration breaks and sealed glands to prohibit sound transfer. There are (5) welded marine grade aluminum fuel tanks (with access panels) that supply the day tank with vent piping overflowing to “splash boxes” that drain back into the tanks. The main engines will provide for a top speed of 22 knots and noise levels are kept to a minimum by fiberglass and foam coring.
- (2) MTU DDEC 16V2000 engines (rebuilt August 2016), each producing 1800 BHP coupled to DD6556DC 3.48 reduction gears
- 110v AC & 24v DC Fresh water systems
- (2) Surge tanks
- (2) 40 Gallon water heaters
- Instant hot water circulating pump
- Stainless tanks port and starboard
- Gasoline tank for tender (100 gal.)
- 4” Aquamet 22 shafts & rudders
- Naiad Stabilizers #353 with 16 sq. ft. fins
- 20 Ton water chilled AC system (completely renewed August 2016)
- (2) FloMax fire/bilge pumps
- Air compressor with horn/air hose
- RCI fuel purifier Mains/Generators
- 65Hp 16” American bow thruster
- Nibral 5-blade props
- (2) FCI 1600 GPD watermakers (dual system)
- (6) Rule 3500 bilge pumps
- 220v Bilge and fire hose system
- (1) Hydraulic bilge pump on gen
- Each generator has PTO for hydraulics (windlass, capstans, davit, bowthruster)
Electrical sources and outputs are fully metered. Typical shore power requirements are (2) 100 amp single phase 240 volt A/C, 60 Hz power sources, but transformers are capable of handling 208V. All electrolytic systems are bonded to copper bars running the length of the vessel to sacrificial zinc anodes.
Generators: Northern Lights Generators: 65KW and 50KW (both rebuilt August 2016)
The owner's and crew's personal belongings plus some art work and china. A detailed list will be provided at time of sale upon request.
"SYMPOSIA" is a raised pilothouse cockpit motor yacht. She features accommodations for eleven owners/guests in five staterooms, plus crew. She represents the most innovative styling and latest technologies in yachts of this class. Designed by Jack Sarin using a Westport hull. She has been maintained by a fulltime crew.
"SYMPOSIA" is constantly being updated.
- Her main engines have been completely rebuilt to zero hours – August 2016
- Her generators have been completely rebuilt to zero hours – August 2015
- The Air Conditioning system has been completely renewed/upgraded – August 2016
- Touch up paint work has been done as needed – August 2016
- The teak decks have been replaced – 2016
- A second watermaker was installed for redundancy -2016
- Battery Charger replaced - 2016
- Bow Thruster Pump serviced - 2016
- Waste oil pump Replaced -2016
- Manual fuel transfer pump installed -2016
- Emergency lights system installed in common areas - 2016
- Fuel transfer pump and filters replaced -2016
- Shore power transformers 208v, 240v switches and control panel replaced
- Engine room bilge repainted
- Stabilizers pump serviced
- New Liferafts - 2015
- Note: navigation electronics were upgraded - 2014
- Bottom was media blasted to bare glass, then epoxy coated, primed and painted with 3 coats of Seahawk bottom paint - 2014
- Bowthruster, steering and associated hydraulics were rebuilt - 2014
- Underwater lights installed - 2014
- Shafts and cutlass bearings serviced - 2014