“CHAGOS” is a steel hull, no nonsense, U.S. built expedition style yacht. She was custom built to serve as a mothership and base of operations for chasing world record fish on the west coast of Africa and beyond. Her hull design is based on a proven commercial fishing boat design offering an economical long range, low maintenance, high reliability and optimum comfort at sea. Her layout will allow for her to be versatile in her future job description and do so in style, safety and comfort. At 95’ she is easy to handle for an owner operator, adventurous couple or small crew. Everything about her design, outfitting and furnishing is focused on ease of maintenance. Ship systems are redundant and accessible while the interior design is no frills with a contemporary feel.
Her versatile layout features 3 guest cabins below decks, 3 heads and a laundry room. A fourth crew stateroom is also below, currently set up with 4 bunk beds. On the main deck there is a second crew stateroom, lounge and head. Finally there is a captain's cabin up top behind the pilothouse with a head and outside shower.
“CHAGOS” comes equipped with a custom built flats boat and space for tenders and toys of all shapes and sizes. She also comes equipped with a Palfinger “knuckle” style commercial crane. This crane is capable of launching the custom built flats boat off of either side of the ship.
Below please find a preliminary list of her features, equipment and highlights.
- Steel hull, 5/16” hull and decks, ¼” bulwarks and house, 3/16” pilot house, framing 2” x 3” x ¼”, angle at 20” centers with 2.5” x ¼” flat bar longitudinals
- 4 watertight bulkheads, 2 with doors
- 7 water tight dogged aluminum exterior doors
- Aluminum mast with crows nest
- (2) Cummins NT855 6 cylinder 350 hp @1800 RPM water cooled via heat exchanger/ wet exhaust, mechanical engines with engine room and pilot house mechanical gauges
- Twin disk MG5114 3:1 transmissions
- Michigan wheels 4 blade 40”x40”
- (2) 30 KW KUBOTA generators, keel cooled, wet exhaust
- 2000 watt solar panel system with 1600 amphour@ 24V battery bank
- Simrad 6KW open array radar
- Simrad GS 15 GPS
- Simrad NSE 12 Chart plotter
- Simrad NAIS 400 class B AIS system
- Simrad BSM-1 broad band black box depth sounder with Simrad 600W transducer
- Simrad compass
- (2) ICOM M450 DSC VHF radios
ADDITIONAL SHIP SYSTEMS
- (2) 5 TON air cooled Carrier HVAC units, one dedicated to lower deck and one for main deck and pilot house
- 50 HP Key Power Hydraulic bow thruster
- (2) 25sq ft Key Power hydraulic stabilizer fins
- Watermakers Inc. 2200 GPD
- Stainless steel galley with Garland commercial stove and Samsung refrigerator
- LED lighting throughout
- 500# Bruce style anchor with Hydraulic anchor winch, 250’ of ½” chain and 300’ of ¾” cable