POINT BLUE is a serious long-range sailing yacht built in the USA for world wide short-handed cruising. This very fast yacht offers accommodation for 6 guest in 3 spacious cabins plus 2 extra bunks in the bow.
Entering the companionway from the cockpit is the raised navigation station and seating area with impressive views and the ability to sail in complete comfort in all weather conditions. Down a few steps is the open and bright salon. To starboard is the dining table and upholstered seating. To port is a comfortable settee.
Forward of the salon to port is a twin over/under cabin and head. To starboard is a double cabin and head. All the way forward in the bow section there are two additional bunks, sail storage and chain locker.
Aft of the salon on the port side is the well equipped galley.
The queen sized full beam master stateroom is located all the way aft with an enclosed head and shower
Interior joinery and cabinetry work is in American Cherry wood. There is abundant natural lighting with deck hatches and port lights.
Core Cell sandwich on a male mold laminated with epoxy impregnated glass fabric, reinforced with carbon fiber in high load areas, vacuum bagged and post cured in an oven.
Balsa core sandwich construction with carbon fiber laminates in high strength areas, solid laminates at deck penetrations, winch bases, hatches, etc.
- Hydraulically powered fold down swim platform
- Teak toe rail
- SS wire lifelines w/custom ss stanchions
- Folding cockpit table for six w/built in foot rest for sailing
- Lewmar 3000 hydraulic windlass
- Lewmar deck hatches and portlights
- Twin helm stations
- CQR anchor w/300' chain anchor rode
- Danforth anchor w/chain and rope rode
- Windslow six person life raft in valise
- Lifesling MOB retrieval system
- Carbon fiber passerelle w/teak treads
- Deck awing from shrouds to backstay
- Canvas dodger on stainless steel frame
- Cockpit bimini
- Bug screens and shades
- Two antenna masts aft
Sloop rigged with Navtec discontinuous rod rigging. A 95% self tacking jib and a full battened main sail set on a Forespar Leisure Furl hydraulic boom make for easy short-handed sailing.
- Ballenger Spars three spreader aluminum mast
- Navtec discontinuous rod rigging
- Harken hydraulic headsail furling
- Harken foot and turning blocks
- Forespar carbon fiber telescoping spinnaker pole
- Navtec hydraulic boom vang & backstay rams
- FGR running rigging
- Spinlock rope clutches
- (1) #56 2 speed hydraulic mainsheet
- (1) #56 2 speed hydraulic utility cockpit
- (2) #64 2 speed hydraulic primaries
- (2) #32 2 speed manual traveler
- (1) #48 2 speed manual utility mast
- (1) #48 2 speed hydraulic main halyard/spinnaker halyard
- Fully battened in-boom Doyle mainsail (new 04/2016)
- 95% North self tacking jib
- North Asymmetrical cruising chute in nylon w/sock
POINT BLUE is a serious long range performance sailing yacht built in California by the highly respected Westerly Marine to the design of Thomas Wylie and Dick Young. POINT BLUE is rigged for fast short-handed cruising in a well equipped offshore sailing vessel that provides easy handling, safety, performance, comfort and style.
Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be true and correct but cannot be guaranteed.
Specifications and details of this vessel are provided in good faith for informational purposes only. Data regarding the specifications, operating characteristics and condition of the vessel was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, capacities, consumptions and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided and agrees to instruct his agent or surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price and inventory changes and withdrawal from market without notice.
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker has been told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot and does not guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise, and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.