MOONDANCE started life in Swedish ownership, cruised the Baltic, the Med, and participated in Swan regattas in Europe. Sold to her current owner by us in 2011, she was shipped to the US, and then based at Jamestown boatyard for the winters, and Nantucket in the summers. Last summer she cruised to the Med from Rhode Island. In the last 4 years her systems have been completely overhauled with major service work done on the engine and generator. She has a great spec with electric oversize winches, hydraulic headsail furling, extra thick 12mm teak decks, and a unique layout with two large cabins, and multiple berths in each. A really good example of the popular Swan 56, at a really attractive and sensible asking price.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
· Awlgripped topsides (2012), dark blue; with waterline and Cove stripes in White; Double coaming stripes in dark blue.
· Transom folds out hydraulically to form a swim platform with ladder to deck, separate bathing ladder.
· Teak laid side decks, centreline recess, either side of entrance and coaming tops fore and aft, all originally of 12mm (increased from standard 10mm).
· Teak toe rail, including open roller fairleads (fore, aft and amidships).
Keel & Rudder:
· New rudder bearings, 2014.
· Elliptical spade rudder
· Lead keel, with bulb.
· Standard draft
Engine & Gearboxes:
· Yanmar 4JH2-UTBE 71 Kw / 96 hp (at 3600 RPM) diesel engine.
Maintenance & Performance:
· Approx 5,400 engine hours.
· Fully serviced, and maintained by Jamestown Boatyard.
Propulsion & Steering:
· Feathering three blade propeller.
· Retractable Bowthruster, Maxpower 24v including separate battery bank 220Ah and 25A charger, joystick control at helm. New batteries 2011.
· Reverse oil change pump, 24v connected to engine and generator.
· Extra 12v outlets, at chart table and at helm with converters.
· 230v and 115v inlets at aft coaming plus an extra 230v inlet at foredeck with extra cable.
· Service & radio 24v batteries .
· Separate radio battery bank, 24v 240Ah, charged with start battery or 25A charger.
· Larger battery charger for service batteries, 230v, Mastervolt 100A.
· Larger Mastervolt alternator 110 A on main engine for service batteries, 24v..
· Generator Westerbeke 6 kW diesel.
· Approx. 2,600 hours, recently fully serviced.
· Shore power inlets 230v and 115v via 6kVA transformer, incl cables (inside voltage 230v).
· Separate shore inlet 230v, 50A for air conditioning (at aft coaming).
· Inverter, Mass 24/2500 230v incl transfer switch.
· Watermaker, Seafresh 230v, 2,200 l/day with remote panel.
· Electric bilge pump, manual and auto control.
· 2 x manual bilge pumps.
· Total capacity of 140 US Gallons
· Total capacity of 160 US gallons
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
· s/s holding tanks with electric pump and deck suction line for both toilets.
· Brookes and Gatehouse Hercules 2000 instruments, 890 racing pack with - wind / depth / log processor, performance processor, speed / depth sensor, water temperature, Halcyon compass, air temperature sensor, clinometer / trim and carbon mast head unit.
· MFD repeaters, 20/20 large display repeaters.
· B & G Hercules Pilot 890, autopilot, hydraulic with RAM T3 24v, second display at chart table.
· Raymarine E140W hybrid touch system with screen at the chart table – plotter / radar / GPS.
· E90 repeater slave unit at the helm – both new 2010.
· 2 x Cobra Marine hand held VHF
· HP Pavillion Slimline PC (2007) with flat screen at chart table. Flatron Wide screen at the chart table.
· Aerials: - Active antenna, Delta Pacific for VHF, TV / FM, cell phone, including Windex unit with light. Wi-Fi antenna.
Note: SSB installed but not working (antenna amplifier faulty) buyer to fix as wishes – included and installed is a grounding cage for SSB and insulated backstay for SSB.
· Raymarine Ray 240 VHF.
· Icom ICM 710 SSB.
· Cambridge audio DV 30.
· Cambridge audio AR 30.
· Saga TV.
· KVH mini sat sat comm.
· Force 10 3 burner stove with oven and grill.
· Double sink.
· Eye level refridgerator.
· Top loaded freezer.
· Corian counter tops.
· Deck shower, hot and cold.
· Sealand, VacuFlush marine toilets x 2 (new 2010).
· Sinks and showers in each head
Heating & Ventilation:
· Air conditioning, Marine Air 38,000 BTU 230v, supply to aft cabin (12,000 BTU), saloon (16,000 BTU) and forward cabin (10,000 BTU) with extra outlet to fo’csle.
· Tricolour masthead light.
· Lufflight on foredeck.
Summary of Accommodation:
· Fo’csle – with fold up wooden berths (instead of pipe berths) including 75mm mattresses.
· Forward toilet / shower area. Lockers in passage to port.
· Guest cabin – with double bed to starboard, single berth to port and an upper Pullman type berth; lockers on starboard side above bed.
· Saloon – with settee to port, bookshelves above; entertainment centre, TV etc; L sofa to starboard, two chairs and teak table, lockers and shelf above.
· Extra locker on forward bulkhead starboard side.
· Extra fridge aft on port side adjacent to galley.
· Navigation area to starboard with single seat and chart table, drawers, electric panel (doorway aft, to aft of toilet / shower).
· Galley to port with s/s sinks on centerline, cooker, stowage, fridge and freezer.
· Aft cabin with double bed to starboard, single bed to port and extra Pullman above, central vanity unit, lockers and drawers.
· Aft companionway to aft of cockpit.
· New ultrasuede upholstery and mattresses 2012.
· Nautor made white painted aluminium spars, masthead rig with triple spreaders.
· Anodized aluminium bowsprit, removable.
· Tubes in coamings for halyards and reefing lines, incl. necessary clutches and jammers.
· Harken turning blocks for additional genoa sheet lead.
· Padeyes on side decks for preventer.
· Navtec discontinuous rod rigging, all new in France - 2011.
· White painted mast, boom and poles.
· Harken track on mast for full battened main.
· Hydraulic furling headstay, Reckmann RF90.
· Carbon fibre spinnaker pole.
· Jockey pole.
· Navtec hydraulic inner forestay adjustment, hydraulic outhaul system in boom (no winch)
· Navtec hydraulic backstay adjuster and boom vang (as standard) – all using System 5 panel.
· Folding foot step on mast. Bracket for B&G 2’/20 units on mast.
· Harken genoa and main sheet tracks.
· Storm trysail track to mast.
· Winches, all Lewmar and self-tailing, including upgrades on primaries, mainsheet and halyard winches.
· 2 x 77/3 SEST primary winches (both electric).
· 2 x 54 CST mainsheet winches (additional - one is electric on coaming aft on port side and can be operated by helmsman).
· 2 x 77/3 SEST (by forward cockpit) for main halyard, genoa sheets (both electric).
· 2 x 54 CST by mast for genoa and spinnaker halyards.
· 2 x 54 CST (additional) by forward cockpit for spinnaker halyard, reef line, staysail, topping lift, genoa halyard reef and foreguy.
· 2012 – Quantum Fusion MC6700 carbon tecnora main.
· 2012 – Quantum Fusion MC6700 carbon tecnora 140% headsail.
· Asymmetrical spinnaker in sock.
· Asymetrical cruising chute.
· Storm sails.
· Gangway fitting aft.
· Gangway fitting on pulpit.
· Nautor made hatches (instead of Goiot), flush mounted with GRP inner frame.
· Aft entrance on centreline to aft cabin.
· Deck wash, seawater – with a fresh water connection.
· Table for aft cockpit.
· Table for centre cockpit.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
· Lofrans electric anchor windlass with remote control, new in 2011.
· Second roller fitting on stemhead.
· Stern roller fitting for anchor (useful for Sweden and Turkey).
· Stainless mooring cleats, including an additional pair amidships.
· Bruce anchor, 30 kg (stows in lazarette).
· CQR at bow with chain.
· Fenders, warps, winch handles, pump handles.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
· Dark blue dodger for forward part of aft cockpit and spray hood at companionway.
· Cockpit cushions for aft cockpit.
Tender & Outboard:
· Outboard bracket in teak with s/s plate.
· Stainless radar/sat comm post at aft deck with davit for outboard.
· Electric foghorn.
· 8-man liferaft 2012.
· Man Overboard Module x 2.