This 28' Albemarle SAGIATT (Seemed A Good Idea At The Time) is only selling as the owners are moving up to a larger convertible vessel - the family is growing so the boat has to as well. She is duty paid and registered in The Bahamas, but can also be re-documented in the US and the owner is happy to bring her to Miami for viewing and sale.
She cruises at 23-25 knots @3200rpm and burns about 8 gallons an hour on each engine (16 total). She is an incredibly comfortable and economical day/overnight boat and would suit anyone moving up from a center console or even a charter fisherman.
The seller purchased her from the original owner in May 2014 with a full survey, following which she spent several months in the yard where all the engine cooling system, jackshafts and outdrives were completely striped down and refurbished.
Specific work undertaken in 2014 included:
1) The removal flushing and replacement of the entire cooling system including new heat exchangers and all new hoses and clamps.
2) Complete removal, refurbishment and resealing of both out drives.
3) Removed, refurbished and replaced both jack-shafts replacing all universal joints and bearings, and the installation of new custom built new scatter guards over the universal joints.
4) Installed a new Garmin chart plotter (840 xs).
5) Installed new duel battery charger.
6) Installed new racor fuel filters on both engines.
5) Replaced both engine thermostats.
6) Replaced Starboard Trim Pump.
8) Replaced both outdrive trim cylinders.
She went back in the yard in August 2015 for the installation of a new Garmin autopilot with shadow drive, a complete sand blast and bottom paint of both the drives and the hull, new strataglass curtains, new bomar front hatch and new LED cockpit, spreader and navigation lights.
Last month the seller completely refurbished the center and outriggers with new monofilament, ronstan pulleys, aftco roller-troller clips and rupp gunwale bushings and cleats.
All invoices for all work undertaken are available and she is turnkey and ready to go. All serious offers considered.