Alegre is an immaculate example of the popular Soto 40 class. Delivered new to the current owner, she only arrived wearing a thin coat of primer. Then she was professionally put together by a very experienced team to be the ultimate Soto 40. No stone was left unturned. Now available as the owner is focusing on other classes.
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean” (or Cat B – whichever is appropriate)
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
· The hulls of the Soto 40’s are constructed by using a Vacuum female mould, using e-glass and a Core-Cell foam with epoxy resin and Carbon reinforcement in high load areas.
· The internal structure has a grid with centre longitudinals and keel floors, side bunks, L shape stringers and bulkheads.
Keel & Rudder:
· The keel is a hollow strut to lower VCG with a lead bulb.
· Rudder is a carbon / epoxy with a square tip to increase control when pressed.
· Carbon tiller with Spinlock tiller extension.
Engine & Gearboxes:
· 1 x Volvo D1 -30 main engine.
Maintenance & Performance:
· Fully maintained.
Propulsion & Steering:
· Saildrive with folding prop.
· 12v Engine battery and 2 x service battery bank.
· Total capacity of 50 litres.
· Twin Spreader King Composites Carbon mast in Clear coat.
· Aluminium Class boom made by King Composites.
· PBO standing rigging.
· Harken headfoil.
· Carbon bowsprit.
· Holmatro Mastjack system.
· Twin PBO backstay for square top mainsail.
· 8 x Harken Winches for backstay, mainsheet, jib / spinnaker and pit.
· All from North Sails UK. TBC.
· 5 x Mainsails.
· 2 x Light Medium.
· 5 x Medium Heavy.
· 2 x ORC J4.
· 4 x A1.5.
· 5 x A2.
· 3 x A4.
· Storage cradle.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
· Dock lines and fenders.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
· Boom cover.