Grand Soleil 46 ANTILOPE was constructed for one purpose and that was to win under IRC in all events the yacht entered. She is an upgraded version of the standard Grand Soleil 46, with a deeper keel and taller high modulus carbon rig. Combined with the Hall SCR carbon standing rigging, this gives a huge amount of righting moment, and also minimizes pitch and roll.
She would easily be converted to a sparky cruising yacht with huge regatta potential.
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean” (or Cat B – whichever is appropriate)
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- The hull is constructed using GRP sandwich construction with Carbon stiffening in high load areas, especially around chainplates.
- The deck is of a closed cell foam sandwich and carbon reinforced.
- The cockpit is covered in a teak substitute with inlaid Antilope logo.
Keel & Rudder:
- Custom keel fin optimized for IRC rating. Slightly deeper than standard without bulb.
- Custom Carbon rudder optimized for performance and low drag.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Volvo Penta 55Hp with saildrive.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Approximately 600 hours.
- Fully serviced in 2016.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Twin Carbon Wheel steering.
- Two bladed Gori folding prop 490 x 370 LHS.
- Very lightly worn anode.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Quick BX water heater.
- Hot water in heads and galley.
- Assorted water system hoses.
- Flojet VSD 3.7 3.7 GPM Auto bilge pump.
- Manual bilge pump operated in cockpit.
- B&G Zeus 12 Touchscreen in cockpit.
- 2 x B&G 10:10 Repeaters on coachroof.
- 2 x B&G H3000 Repeaters on coachroof.
- 4 x B&G 20:20 repeaters on mast.
- Forestay load cell.
At chart table:
- B&G Hydra processor.
- AG Neovo Display.
- VGA input to screen.
- Furuno GP-32 GPS / WAAS Navigator.
- Icom IC-M323 at chart table.
- Handheld VHF.
Summary of Accommodation:
- 6 x Interior window blinds.
- Assorted interior cabin/heads components.
- Long mirror.
- Assorted interior teak trim.
- Hallspars Carbon High modulus 400 mast with carbon spreaders and Carbon Hallspars SCR rigging.
- Twin Holmatro HCL-12B hydraulic backstay rams operated from mainsheet position.
- Custom Carbon bowsprit with dyneema bobstay.
- Hall Spars Carbon spinnaker pole.
- Hall Spars Carbon jockey pole.
- 2 x Harken 50.2 Carbon Halyard / Pit winches.
- 2 x Harken 65.3 Carbon Primary winches.
- 2 x Harken 50.2 Carbon Mainsheet winches.
- Stainless steel grab rails.
- Stainless steel transom boarding ladder.
- Carbon washboard.
- Port side pulpit.
- All in indoor storage in Cowes, Isle of Wight.
- North 2013 Mainsail B (3Di).
- North 2015 Mainsail C (3Di).
- Delivery Mainsail (Dacron).
- Trysail (Dacron).
- North 2012 J1A (3DL).
- North 2013 J2B (3Di).
- North 2015 J2C (3Di).
- North 2012 J3A (3DL).
- North 2013 J3.5B (3Di).
- North 2012 Genoa Staysail A.
- North Storm Jib.
- North 2012 A1.5A.
- North 2012 S2A.
- North 2013 S2B.
- North 2012 A3A.
- North 2012 S4A.
- Spinnaker Staysail.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Fully dismountable anchor with padded bag.
- 2 x Reels of anchor warp.
- 5 x Fenders with covers.
- Black triple strand Mooring warps.
- Stainless steel bow roller/anchor fairlead with bronze rollers.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Alcantara cushions in main saloon in excellent condition.
- Alcantata cushions in all 3 cabins in excellent condition.
- Ocean Safety Inshore flarepack.
- Hacksaw with spare blades.
- First aid kit.
- Heaving line.