CORO CORO is a beautifully designed and buit cutter rigged sloop with an impeccable record of ocean passage making. She was constructed by the famous Royal Huisman shipyard in Holland of aluminium to Lloyds class rules. Her hull plating is 5 & 6 MM above the waterline and 8MM below the waterline a warranty for her longevity.
The interior is fully painted and insulated. For improved safety at sea, her hull is divided in three watertight compartments. A watertight doc in the front compartment was added during her last 2010 refit.
She has moderate displacement and benefits from the patented Scheel keel and independent skeg hung rudder. The aluminium decks are teak laid with 18MM teak new in 2001 and still in good condition.
Cap rail, coamings and deckhouse are trimmed in varnished teak. She has 18 opening port lights, 6 two way opening skylights, 15 Dorade vents tropical spec and 2 aft salon crank down windows for excellent ventilation in all climates.
Her cockpit features a well positioned steering station aft with a beautiful traditional teak varnished binnacle and steering wheel. Steering is by cable drive to quadrant for superior helm sensitivity under sail.
Her forward cockpit is slightly deeper and has comfortable port and starboard seating, a large centreline table with built-in cold storage. There are large storage lazarettes under the cockpit seats.
The large flush foredeck is a great place to lounge or play at anchor and is used for safe tender storage when underway.
Down 5 steps from the cockpit there is a large navigation station to port. Opposite is a very large U shaped settee around a fold out teak table. Dining for 8 is no problem! A pop up TV can be viewed from the settee.
To port is a large fully equipped galley and pantry to serve food and drinks.
Forward to port is the owners cabin with a queensize bed and good en-suite facilities.
To starboard are two cabins each with their own en-suites. One has two single beds, the other a double on top and single below.
All in sleeping for 7 guests. In the forepeak there are an additional two pipecots. In addition there is ample storage for sailing gear, toys etc. Also safely stored in the forepeak locker are 29 binders with al building drawings and construction data.
CORO CORO has what it takes for a serious passage anywhere on the globe but she feels just as good in an anchorage for weekend entertainment.
CORO COR's outstanding features:
- Elegant Henry Scheel design
- Robust Royal Huisman construction in Alustar
- 18 opening ports, 6 opening skylights and 15 tropical size Dorades provide real ventilation at all times in all climates
- Large cockpit set up for sailing and entertaining
- Large flush deck
- Comfortable and light interior accommodation with very spacious living area, galley and chart table
- Scheel patented keel design is shallow draft (8'2") whilst maintaining excellent upwind capabilities
- Sea kindly and comfortable hull designed for long distance blue water passage making
- Head turning looks
- New rod rigging 2011
The cutter rig is by RONDAL. The mast has three spreaders and a stowaway mainsail and discontinuous rod rigging.
The masthead contains a masthead light,anchor light, TV antenna, VHF antenna and a lighting rod.
The mast is fitted with red over green sailing lights, a steaming light, and radar array at the lower spreaders.
Sail management is by a hydraudyne A2F5 system and the Lewmar winch package includes:
- 4x 650 STH cockpit
- 4x 650 ST mast deck
- 2x 460 ST mast
- 2x 700 STH cockpit
- 1x 650 STH main sheet
- 1x 520 ST main sheet traveler
- The cutter rig is equipped with 1x Rondal MK1 and 1x Rondal MK2 curlers
- The backstay and vang are equipped with a NavTec manual hydraulic system
The sail inventory includes a Quantum Main (2003), a Hood Yankee (2003), a HOOD foresail (2003) and a MPS from 2003, a light air staysail, storm main and jib (1991). All sails are in good working condition.
All running rigging is spectra.
- Mast and Boom were repainted in 2010
- Standing rigging (rod) was replaced in 2011
The Electronics and Navigation Equipment includes:
- B&G Hydra 330 System (with repeaters in cockpit)
- Furuno Radar type 1930, (36 NM)
- Furuno GPS GP32
- Northstar Chartplotter
- Danforth magnetic compass
- Megatron autopilot
- Lenovo T61 PC with printer and Nobeltec navigation software
- VHF Raymarine Ray 240
- Scant SSB TRP 8250S
- Electronic Barometer
The Galley Equipment includes:
- 4Burner gimballed propane stove with oven
- Microwave on pop up lift
- Double deep stainless sinks with hc running water as well as foot pumps for fresh and sea water
- Large pull out fridge with drawers
- Large forward freezer
On-board entertainment systems include:
- Fujitsu Plasmavison TV on pop up lift in salon
- Sony DVD/VHS deck
- Alpine CDA105 radio system
- Amp control with cockpit speakers