Major Items Completed Asahi Refit 2014
· Full re-paint with Alexseal top coat
· All exterior paintwork was completed according to a comprehensive specification provided by paint consultant.
· All exterior hardware and fittings were removed for painting. They were dismantled, machine polished, serviced (where appropriate) re-installed with Teflon isolators, tef-gel on all screws and sika-flex bedding (where appropriate) to minimize chances of corrosion.
· Antifouling repaired and multiple full coats completed, including inside keel box while keel was down.
· Bow thruster and propellers were coated with Prop Speed.
· All carbon fibre table tops and couches were clear coated
· All caulking meeting paint edges was removed for painting, and then prepped primed and re-installed with Sika 295uv as per manufacturer recommendations.
· Genoa and Staysail tack tie down eyes removed and modified for much stronger “teardrop” type
· All rig hydraulics serviced and flushed
· All hydraulic cylinders were dismantled, inspected and new seals installed before re-commissioning
· All rigging was removed and dismantled for service by RSB, NDT testing was completed in known Perini problem areas, all rod rigging had ends NDT tested and necessary cold heads re-done. All parts were polished or painted as necessary and any moving / technical parts serviced.
· Foresail halyard buckets were returned to Perini and serviced.
· Furlers for both forestays were sent back to Perini and fully serviced by manufacturer
· Headstay and inner forestay foils were both cut and modified to allow for pulling of the internal rod stays in accordance with manufacturers maintenance plan (not previously possible). Design was modified by Perini/ OYS and parts were sent out from original manufacturer and installed by Branagh Composites in Palma overseen by RSB. Bearings upgraded to suit new design.
· New Furuno radar antenna arrays were installed (12+24kw)
· Spartite around main mast was removed and replaced to make system more efficient for next time.
· All running rigging was upgraded prior to refit with grey rope and to high quality spectra type lines where possible/ necessary.
· Known problem area spreader roots were reinforced and strengthened with aluminum plates welded in compliance with Perini Navi recommendations.
· New mooring lines made and 100m tender towing line added to inventory
· Towing light platform welded to mizzen mast in accordance with COLREGs and wired to the main switch panel, stern towing light bracket also made and wired.
· Goosenecks were corroded – all bolt holes sleeved with fibreglass tubing, mating surfaces were potted with appropriate resins to create complete isolation and prevent corrosion.
· All electrical wiring was tested and terminals replaced for new
· Bow thruster was dismantled, serviced, had anodes replaced and had an oil change.
· Extensive keel servicing was done, keel lowered to remove hydraulic ram and serviced by hydraulic specialists. Hydraulic hoses were replaced and upgraded where necessary
· New Doppler speed/ log transducer installed
· All anodes on hull replaced
· Propeller shafts were removed and checked, bearings upgraded to Thordon type, re-installed and alignment tested.
· New shaft seals installed
· Rudder removed, all parts and bearings inspected and re-installed
· All hydraulic doors were removed from the vessel, bearings serviced, hydraulics serviced, new seals in all rams and re-installed. Where necessary parts were replaced for high quality stainless and greasing points installed for future care.
· Side ladders and passerelles were removed stripped down and serviced, parts upgraded where necessary, painted and re-installed.
· All through hull valves replaced where possible or serviced where needed
· All valves throughout replaced or serviced
· All pumps/ motors replaced with new where possible
· Main engines had major servicing and re-commissioning
· Generators were replaced for new
· Air conditioning machinery replaced and pipework upgraded where possible
· Compressors replaced with new
· Windlass motors upgraded and replaced with new, windlasses removed, overhauled, shot blasted, painted/ polished and re-installed
· All main hydraulic systems were thoroughly flushed with flushing plant, new hydraulic pumps installed , filters replaced and filled with new oil
· All sail winches were serviced by Perini Navi technicians on board and parts replaced/upgraded where needed. Genoa winches removed and gearboxes inspected for wear by Perini Navi technicians.
· All UPS (uninterruptable power supplies) were replace for new.
· Inmarsat C unit was upgraded to latest model
· Furuno VHF was upgraded to latest model
· Fly bridge helm control and navigation panels were all removed tested and inspected by appropriate technicians
· BNWAS system installed (introduced flag requirement)
· Make up air handlers were dismantled cleaned re-lagged, painted with awl grip. New fans and motors were installed.
· New TV satellite dishes were installed to keep up with new standards
· Dive compressor was replaced with new
· Engine room pipework and bilges were painted with Awl Grip
· Generator sound boxes were all repainted with Awl Grip and stainless frames electro polished
· All local electric bilge pumps replaced, all pickups and strainers for main and backup systems serviced/ replaced
· All tanks opened, professionally cleaned and inspected/ surveyed, new hatch gaskets made for all lids and re-installed
· Hamman Sewage treatment system overhauled
· Black and grey tanks inspected and paint touch ups performed
· Black/Grey pump out connection moved from cockpit to aft lazarette
· Water makers fully overhauled
· New water softener installed and calibrated.
· Main sea chest and cooling water manifolds/ piping arrangements removed, chemical cleaned, painted/ antifouled where appropriate and reinstalled.
· All deck hatches removed , new seals installed, inner plates removed, parts checked for wear and replaced where necessary
· All new Doyle Stratis sails
· Gym treadmill, spin bike and rowing machines were installed
· Fly bridge couches had teak veneer rails which had not lasted, replaced for solid teak
· Fly bridge tables and benches were all re-covered with carbon fiber due to de lamination and degradation then clear coated with high quality clear coat.
· Custom Stainless bar fridge installed under bar on fly bridge
· All Bilges, lockers and void areas were thoroughly prepped and painted with Awl Grip. Any corrosion found was dealt with as per strict instructions from paint surveyor
· Aluminum deck plates throughout boat were powder coated Grey (RAL7004)
· Jet-Skis and tenders had extensive services over and above manufacturers recommendations
· All exterior cushions had new covers made and intermediate covers made for off charter storage
· Extensive exterior canvas work including; New fly bridge bimini and enclosures, new cockpit enclosures, all new covers for cockpit and fly bridge furniture, new sail covers, new tender and jet ski covers, gym equipment covers windscreen and window covers,
· Custom made carbon fiber Asahi sunscreen holders and drink holders
· Teak decks were inspected, damaged or lifting planks were replaced. Tender locker and mast hatch planks were removed for corrosion treatment and replaced. All decks and capping rails were lightly sanded and caulking repairs made where necessary.
· Acrylic screens on aft fly bridge replaced
· Anchors removed, swivels removed and chains re-galvanized, new approved/ certified swivels installed
· New petrol storage lockers/ seats built and installed on aft deck
· All regular safety and fire equipment was serviced as per regulations and manufacturers recommendations
· New SCBA firefighting gear was purchased with integrated communication systems
· Lifelines around boat were removed polished checked and re-terminated with new fittings
· Rescue boat was inspected and thoroughly serviced
· Remote release for emergency generator Co2 was installed in Bosun's locker
· All watertight doors removed, painted, dogging mechanisms serviced and re-installed
· Ships whistle upgraded to larger fuller horn prior to refit – Kahlenberg
· Rig cutter upgraded to large petrol portable type
· All guest area headlining panels were removed and re-painted/ varnished
· New floors were installed throughout boat
· Self-service bar was designed and installed in Salon
· Moon bar was modified and upgraded
· New wine coolers and refrigeration systems were installed in both bars
· Varnish throughout salon was re-done
· Cockpit 103” and Salon 80” and Master Televisions were upgraded to the latest technology with 4k definition and salon with Curved TV
· Stone/ bench tops throughout entire boat polished/ sealed
· New stone bench tops in crew mess and galley
· Guest area trim throughout was re-varnished