A well found early example of the marque. Pogo 40s are renowned for their build strength and reliability. A relatively simple boat that allows for safe, fast, offshore passage making either shorthanded or fully crewed. Kept in good condition and well maintained this boat is ready to sail away.
This is a boat that has provided us with thrilling sailing and though spartan down below certainly suits the cruising/camping on water philosophy that has become much more popular these days.
Spring Refresh 2017:
Over the winter the sails have been serviced by Technique Voile and the mainsail is shown as good for a further 3 years. The headsail has been hoisted only 12 times so far. The rods were x-rayed by Allspars and a report is available. The forestay did not pass the test so has been replaced. FORTITUDE has been lifted, foils faired and re-antifouled. There are 2 new winches in the cockpit and the mainsail cover has been replaced.
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean” (or Cat B – whichever is appropriate)
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- GRP sandwich hull/deck construction.
Keel & Rudder:
- Fin and bulb keel – water ballasted; 2 x ballast tanks per side (750L).
- Twin rudder.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Volvo MD2030 Diesel.
- Volvo Sail drive.
- Engine spares.
- Approx’ 800 Hours.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Last surveyed in 2010. Report available on request.
- Rudders removed for bearing inspection in 2015.
- Rigging replaced 2013.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Twin tillers.
- 2 x Spinlock tiller extensions.
- Water ballast crossover valve replaced (2017).
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
Summary of Accommodation:
- Headroom: 6’3” / 1.91m.
- 8 berths in 3 cabins (2 x double berths and 4 x single berths).
- Lee cloths to main cabin berths.
- Heads compartment with sea toilet (no wash basin).
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 1 x 16kg anchor.
- 1 x Fortress FX-23.
- Chain and warp.
- 6 x Mooring cleats, mooring warps.
- 6 x Fenders.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Mainsail cover.
- Halyard/rope bags in cockpit.
Tender & Outboard:
- Inflatable dinghy, oars, pump.
- Horseshoe lifebuoy.
- 6 man Life raft Expires 2018.
- Dan buoy.
- Boarding ladder.
- MOB ladder.
- Fire extinguisher.
- Fire blanket.
- Engine room fire extinguisher.
- Demountable cradle with new GRP splashes (2015).