A handsome German Frers Swan 56 from 1998. Following a major pit stop in 2007 by Villefranche the current owner has had an uncompromising and continuous maintenance and upgrade programme in place. A very desirable yacht presented in great condition. Well worth a look.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- The white hull is of single skin construction using glass/aramid hybrid fibre reinforced polyester laminate.
- A high proportion of the fibres are unidirectional, giving a stiff laminate with excellent strength and fatigue properties.
- Colour: gelcoat NGA 2000 white,
- Coaming boot line in Awlgrip dark blue G 5002 over gelcoat.
- The transom opens hydraulically with bathing platform and separate swimming ladder.
- Teak deck and teak toe rail.
Keel & Rudder:
- The keel is a lead casting with antimony and carefully finished to accurate shape.
- New rudder bearing system from Nautor (2012; complete work).
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Yanmar 4JH2-UTBE 96 HP, turbo, marine diesel, 71KW, 3600 rpm, with inverter/reduction 3.3:1.
Maintenance & Performance:
- The main engine has around 4000 hours total, but only approx 2000 hours since overhaul.
- Pump and 4 injectors were replaced in 2014 – further works as per list at end of these details.
Propulsion & Steering:
- 3 blade Gori Marine propeller with overdrive system.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- 2 pressure pump Flojet 4325, 24 V.
- Hot water tank, capacity 40 litres, heated via 220v or engine.
- Hot water boiler 40 litres 220v and from main engine.
- 2 x manual bilge pumps, Whale Titan.
- Electric bilge pump, automatic control.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Customised interior plan with two guest cabins aft, owner cabin and focsle.
- Two guest cabins aft - starboard aft cabin has double bed and the port cabin has twin beds (upper and lower).
- Aft companionway leads from aft cockpit to the starboard aft cabin.
- There is a connecting door from the starboard cabin to the port one.
- Each cabin with lockers and stowage.
- From the port side aft cabin a door leads forward to the galley.
- Fully equipped galley including cooker, fridge, freezer, lockers, drawers etc.
- From the galley inboard a door leads into the engine room.
- From the starboard aft cabin a door leads to the aft toilet / shower compartment – from which a door leads out forward to the chart area / saloon.
- Forward facing chart table with seat, drawers, stowage and chart locker above.
- The main companionway from the central cockpit leads down on the centre line to the aft area of the saloon between the chart table and galley.
- Saloon with sofa on port side and lockers outboard - to starboard is an L shape sofa and a dining table, removable chairs fit on the centreline.
- Lockers outboard to starboard.
- The owner’s cabin is situated forward of the saloon over full width and has a double bed set to starboard, lockers and wardrobe to port.
- Forward is an ensuite head area with wash-basin and to starboard is a separate shower unit.
- There are two pipe-cot style berths in the forward “fo’c’sle”. Under the berths is sail stowage.
- The interior was re-varnished in 2005 by Nautor service yard.
- Two series of covers for dinette, sofas and chairs.
- I = 22.60 m.
- J = 6.27 m.
- P = 20.30 m.
- E = 6.67 m.
- Nautor aluminium mast with 3 sets of spreaders.
- Harken System B track for fully battened mainsail, with lazy jacks.
- Separate track for trysail.
- 2 folding steps on mast.
- Runners and check stays in Aramid fibre white.
- Mast, boom, spinnaker boom, al white painted, Awlgrip G8044.
- Furling forestay Reckmann RS 2000/40 manual.
- Carbon fibre spinnaker boom.
- Jockey pole.
- White bowsprit for Code 0 fits over second bow roller at stem-head.
- Navtec 50 hydraulic system with control unit in cockpit, single gauge, for: backstay, boom-vang, inner forestay and the flattener.
- Preventer for boom.
- Many ropes, sheets, etc.
- Bow strip in aluminium, for gennaker, furler or code zero equipment.
- Check stay, stay and baby – in aramid.
- By Lewmar: A: aluminium, C: chromed, ST: self-tailing E: electric.
- 2 x 77/3 AEST.
- 1 x 64 AEST.
- 1 x 64 AST.
- 2 x 54 AEST.
- 4 x 54 AST.
- 2 x 44 AST.
- 2 x 40 AST.
- All sails by North Sails.
- Main full batten spectra grey 2015.
- Main full batten spectra 2008.
- Main full batten norlam 2000.
- Genoa roller spectra 140% 2014.
- Genoa roller spectra 140%.
- Genoa roller norlam 145%.
- Staysail Dacrom.
- #1 race light/medium Kevlar.
- #3 race Kevlar.
- #4 race Kevlar.
- Gennaker 0.90 (with socks).
- Spi 0.50.
- Spi 0.75.
- Spi 0.75.
- Spi 1.5.
- 1 white aluminium pole for the Sat. Com, on aft deck.
- 1 white aluminium pole for the Radar scanner on aft deck.
- Deck wash, saltwater – at bow.
- Spares for engine.
- New carbon passerelle personalised m. 2,60.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Electric windlass, Lewmar Ocean 3 with remote control in aft cockpit.
- 1 anchor CQR 60 lbs.
- Second chain roller on stem-head.
- 8 fenders Polyform.
- 8 fenders Lalizas inflatable.
- 4 ropes mooring.
- 50 m. ropes for anchoring.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Spray-hood (2012) over main companionway in central cockpit.
- Large spray hood (2014) for aft cockpit companionway.
- Large sun awning from mast to stern.
- Cushions for aft and central cockpit.
- Sun Bimini at the aft cockpit, new 2015.
- Cockpit table.
- Carbon aft boarding gangway.
Tender & Outboard:
- Dinghy AB mt. 310, with Outboard Yamaha 15 hp; no US registration paperwork available.
- 2 Life rafts, 8 person & 4 person.
- 12 life jackets.
- Life guards.
- Extinguisher "total flooding" for engine compartment with remote control near main entrance.
- 2 x Manual MOB.
Launched in March 1998.
- ’98-’01 first owner.
- ’02-’04 second owner.
- ’04-’07 Nautor Swan in VF.
- Refit from Nautor service in Villefrance-Scarlino
List of all replacements and refits from 2007 to 2015:
Up-grades following and after purchase by current owner in May 2007
- General up-grade before sell from Nautor Villefranche assistance.
- Main North Sails spectra.
- SSB radio icomic 810 e.
- Pump-pressure fresh water and balloon.
- Pump refrigerator.
- GPS Garmin on the helm.
- Varnish on the aft companionway.
- Dinghy Caribe 310.
- Refrigeration compressor.
- Genoa roller North Sails Spectra.
- Cover of carbon- tangon.
- Cover of goiot on the deck.
Main engine job:
- Replace all parts of cooling and refrigeration.
- Oct-2009 to May 2010 in Jamestown boatyard, Rhode Island, USA
Standing rigging replace:
- Swan 56 v1 shroud complete replacement set.
- Includes new rod, stemballs, reworking original turnbuckle body, turnbuckle body bronze inserts and screw.
- Swan 56 v2 and v3/d4 shroud rod re-heading.
- Includes re-using all parts.
- Strip spar of all hardware, wiring, spreaders and rigging.
- Remove lower section of spar (below 1st spreader).
- Procure new aluminium section from Nautor in Finland.
- Splice new section into mast.
- Weld repair to cracking in section at all three spreader roots.
- Fabricate and install new gooseneck bracket and vang bracket.
- Repaint mast, spars and spreaders.
- Re-install all hardware, wiring, spreaders and rigging.
- Transport spar both ways between Jamestown, R.I. and hall in Bristol, R.I.
- Remove rod rigging & related fittings to facilitate new lower section mast project.
Bottom May 2010:
- Power wash & scrape loose.
- Antifouling, tent & cover, machine.
- Sand/strip off all old coatings from hull & rudder, heavy sand keel. Move parts stands, prep & ---no. 4 barrier pad spots, then labour clean/prep entire hull and apply new Interlux barrier coats & antifouling coats.
- 4 grey barrier Interprotect Interlux 2000-2001 plus one layer of dark grey and 2 layer of black -antifouling Interlux Micron CSC.
- Service all sea cocks.
- Swing (check/adjust) binnacle compass.
- Refrigeration system, electronics, main engine, filter-oil and all -belt, boiler, autopilot B&G, air con clean filter and new filter.
- Liferaft 2010 8 p.
- Furler drum with new rope and furler guard.
- Pump-pressure fresh water.
- Roller for anchor chain.
- Plumbing for salt and fresh water for deck in chain locker.
- Refit toilet vacuum flush fwd.
- Light on sb and port saloon.
- Pump fresh water cooling main engine.
- No. 4 silent-block main engine.
- Pipe fresh water in cooling main engine.
- No. 4 injector main engine.
- Refit all pipe plumbing and filter salt water.
- Water pressure pump.
- Sump pump shower aft.
- Rubber on lazarette hatches.
- Rubber and sanded teak on sb deck.
- Booster pump of water maker Selmar 220 ltr/h.
- Pipe and refit existing pipe of water maker Selmar.
- All pipes for evacuation of cockpit and kitchen.
- PC and video.
- Modem pactor with connection to pc/ssb for air mail system (e-mail free).
- Stabilizer and battery support for the pc system.
- LCD TV 19” with HD for film, music and pics.
- Touch up on starboard roof blue line.
- Laminate and gelcoat transom platform angle.
- Repair gelcoat and polish Port topsides.
- Varnish wood panel on top of aft companionway steps, main front aft cabin panel, aft door, galley teak trims and Labor deck refit aft companionway leaking seal.
- Labor deck dismantled and check steering system. Grease and clean.
- Labor deck remove transom platform and hinges. Service hinges, polish, install set screw and reinstall main companionway panels.
- Labor deck refit aft companionway leaking seal.
- Labor deck dismantled and check steering system. Grease and clean.
- Lower bearing corroded and leaking to be replaced.
- Labor deck remove transom platform and hinges. Service hinges, polish, install set screw and reinstall.
- Labor mechanics replace rudder bearing.
- JP3 lower bearing 45.30.19.SP type 4.
- Labor mechanics remove Westerbeke raw water pump, service, paint and reinstall.
- Westerbeke new gasket pump.
- Westerbeke kit water pump.
- Small mechanical supplies.
- Westerbeke spare impeller 34440.
- Labor hydraulics dismantle innerstay piping and reinstall.
- Navtec connectors.
- Navtec displacement to crimp piping on boat.
- Freshwater pressure pump.
- Sump-pump shower.
- Antifouling paint as per Monaco Marine St. Laurent.
- New stay-sail in spectra.
- New batteries for bow-thruster.
- Refit vacuum-pump WC flush aft and forward.
- Refit junction sea-pump.
- Refit box refrigerator.
- Refit exchange fresh water.
- Engine alternator.
- Pipe new for evacuation of bilge pump and wash machine.
- Some new ropes on deck.
- New service charger battery 80 A.
- New bimini.
- Periodical maintenance on main engine and all equipment (oil, filter, zinc, everything as necessary), water-maker filter.
- Daily professional maintenance to clean all bottom, interior and under floorboards.