The Swan 46 is in many ways ‘the definitive Swan’. A success from the very first hull in 1983, 108 boats were built up until 1998. Tango is number 34, and originally was built for an American, who kept her in Palma, Majorca. When he ordered a new 3 cabin Swan 46, she sailed to her second and subsequent owners in the US East Coast. Since then, she has largely been New England based, with recent winter sojourns to the Caribbean.
There are many Swan 46’s on the market. This one is absolutely one of the best.
We are often told that Tango is a beautiful boat. We’re then asked, “What year is she?” to which we reply, “She’s a 2015 on a 1985 platform.” That describes Tango, a jewel box of a boat with beautifully classic German Frers lines. We bought her in 2003 because we wanted a Swan that we knew wouldn’t fail us in the worst conditions. We’ve been in love with her since. We never expected to so suddenly put her on the market but our decision to do more extended blue water cruising dictates our move to a larger boat. As a result, we have maintained and upgraded her systems even up to late 2015 when, for example, we put on a new state-of-the-art water maker. Transits to/from the BVIs with us aboard also ratcheted up her maintenance. Before every ocean voyage every piece of gear is inspected and repaired or replaced as necessary. Every piece of teak down below is foam wrapped, floor boards and leather cushions covered. We have had so many wonderful memories cruising aboard her in Long Island, the Vineyard, Nantucket, Maine and the BVIs. We hope her new owners will come to have the same pride and love for her and care for her as their jewel-box of a boat as we did.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
· Teak decks replaced 1997. Lightly sanded 2015. Caulking refurbished 2015.
Keel & Rudder:
· Rudder bearings and rudder seals renewed, and spare rudder bearing added to shaft, 2014.
Engine & Gearboxes:
· Perkins 4.154M 62 HP, 6,258 hours as of 1/14/16.
· Jabsco 36740 engine room blower new 2016.
· Starter, ring gear and Hurth transmission new 2014 + 1 spare starter new 2015.
· Vetus quiet muffler and exhaust hoses new approx. 2014.
· Raycore dual 500 fuel filters with vacuum gauge.
Maintenance & Performance:
· Injectors serviced around 2013.
· Engine removed and front, rear and oil pan resealed, engine repainted, new engine box insulation, and engine mounts, header tank replaced, approx. 2009.
Propulsion & Steering:
· Max prop 3-blade feathering prop, periodically serviced at PYI, last approx. 2014.
· Prop shaft, PYI dripless shaft seal, drive saver and Spurs line cutter new 2004.
· Engine control panel switches and all VDO engine gauges new 2012.
· Throttle and shift cables new 2014.
· Morse control lever new 2015.
· 4 AGM 6-volt house batteries 415 amp hours, size L16, new 2015.
· 2 AGM 12 volt start batteries.
· Blue Sea Systems Automatic Charging Relay (to allow cross charging of battery banks in event one charging system fails).
· MasterVolt Mass Combi 24/4000-100 pure sine wave inverter/charger, new 2011.
· 135 amp Amptech external house alternator (new 2012) + spare alternator (new 2015) and brackets, new 2012.
· 75 amp Balmar engine alternator + spare alternator and brackets.
· 125/30 amp shore power inlet.
· 220/50 amp shore power inlet connected to transformer (new 2011) to reduce 220/50 amp shore power to 125/30 amp.
· 1 50-foot and 1 25 foot 125/30 amp shore power cords.
· Two external Balmar Max Charge MC-624 voltage regulators (for separate house and engine systems) with optional temp sensors + 1 new spare, all new 2015.
· MasterVolt MasterShunt 500 with battery temp sensor, new 2011.
· MasterVolt MasterView Easy MkII + 1 new spare, new 2011.
· MasterBus – USB interface, new 2011.
· ProMariner ProSafe Galvanic Isolator (new 2011).
· Jabsco 50890 galley sink drain pump (for use at sea) 2015.
· Jabsco 36900-1010 fresh water distribution pump 2015 + 1 new spare + rebuild kit
· Sea water foot pump in galley.
· Freshwater foot pumps in galley and forward and aft heads.
· Indel Isotemp Basic 14-gallon hot water heater, heated via engine or shore power, new 2004.
· Raw water strainers all changed to Groco, 2004.
· Spectra Ventura 200T 24-volt water maker, with Z-Ion unit and digital MPC control unit (automated flushing only every 30 days), new June 2015.
· Jabsco 34600-0100 10.8 gallon per minute bilge pump, new 2014 + 1 spare + rebuild kit.
· Water Witch 230-24 electronic bilge pump switch.
· 2 Whale Gusher 10 Mk 3 manual bilge pumps (one at bilge, one in cockpit).
· Total capacity of 375 litres (99 gallons).
· Total capacity of 481 litres (127 gallons).
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
· Forward and aft holding tanks, each fitted with Y valves (for direct discharge in the ocean), waste pump-out deck fittings and Sealand TW discharge pumps with key lock switches for regulatory compliance, new approx. 2010.
· Weems and Plath Quartz ships bell and barometer, new 2014.
· Raymarine E120|W display (down below) new 2011.
· Raymarine E|90|W display (at wheel) new 2011.
· Raymarine ST 6002 autopilot control, two (one at nav station, one at wheel) new 2011.
· Raymarine LifeTag system with second repeater and with 3 fobs new 2011.
· Raymarine 24” 4KW HD Digital Radar new 2011.
· Raymarine Fluxgate compass, new 2011.
· Raymarine Smart Pilot X30 autopilot control, new 2011.
· Raymarine Hydraulic autopilot pump, new approx. 2013.
· Raymarine Seatalk HS Network Switch, new 2011.
· Raymarine external key board.
· Raymarine hailer / automatic fog horn, mast mounted in stainless steel cage, new 2013.
· Raymarine AIS 500 Class B AIS transponder with own GPS, 2014.
· B&G, MFDs, two (one at nav station, one above owners bunk), new 2011.
· B&G analog displays, five (depth, AWS, AWA, Magnified AWA, Boat Speed) new 2011.
· B&G Hydra 2000 heading sensor, new 2015.
· B&G Depth Transducers, (two), new 2015.
· B&G depth transducer gravity switch.
· Airmar CS 4500 ultrasonic speed indicator with water temperature sensor, new 2011.
· Actisense NMEA data multiplexer to interface Raymarine and B&G data. All B&G data appears on Raymarine. new 2011.
· BoatSense Solutions high-water and low voltage alarm with text messaging (requires subscription).
· ICOM SSB HR Marine IC-M802, backstay antenna, external tuner, separate DSC receiver antenna, interfaced with ship’s GPS for DCS calling, new 2011.
· Ritchie 6-inch steering compass, new 2011 (swung by compass adjuster upon installation).
· Lopolight LED bow and stern navigation lights new approx. 2013, anchor, steaming and windex lights all converted to LED in original Swan fixtures.
· Two separate Sea Frost BD XP 24-volt air and/or water cooled refrigeration units (refrigerator and freezer) with digital Sea Frost ETT (Electronic Thermostat/Thermometer) with speed controls, and new evaporator plates, new 2011.
· Force 10 three burner stove and oven, new approx. 2009.
· Fireboy – XINTEX S-2A Propane/CNG Fume Detector with Solenoid valve control, new 2011.
· Viking composite see-through LPG Propane gas cylinder - 17 lbs, new 2015.
· Flojet 4105-524 refrigeration circulation pump, 2015 + 1 spare.
· Hot/cold cockpit shower.
· Baby Blake heads (forward and aft heads) chrome plated approx. 2011 plus spare parts and tool kit.
Heating & Ventilation:
· 12 Hella fans - replaced 2011.
· Jensen JE 1912LED 19-inch color TV with HDMI and USB input ports, new 2011.
· Clarion M303 Marine Bluetooth/CD/USB/WMA Receiver, new 2015, with speakers in salon, aft cabin and cockpit.
· Glomex Marine digital TV Antenna.
· Kevin X4 LED spreader lights new 2015.
· LED lighting throughout entire interior in original Swan lighting fixtures with teak trim rings.
Summary of Accommodation:
· Teak interior, varnish maintained annually.
· Teak mast boot.
· Leather seat cushions throughout – tan.
· Curtains new 2014 – Tan.
· Aft bedding, 8 inch mattresses, new 2010, plus two sets of custom fitted sheets.
· V-berth insert with mattress.
· Keep-stepped Nautor mast with Spar Tight sealing at the deck level.
· Antal track and slides.
· Mast removed, inspected and serviced, including re-bedding many fittings, 2012.
· All rod rigging replaced 2012-2013.
· Harken MKIV 3 jib reefing and furling system and head stay - new 2013.
· Harken roller furler line and fair leads - new 2014.
· Navtec backstay and vang hydraulics refurbished 2012.
· Staysail stay wire replaced 2013.
· Running backs (running rigging and blocks) replaced 2011.
· All other running rigging replaced on a rotational basis as needed.
· Edson polished stainless steel turnbuckle covers.
· Dutchman sail flaking system with spectra lines instead of monofilament.
· Chain plates rebed 2013.
· Port and starboard spinnaker poles and wisker pole with deck fittings.
· Antal mast track for mainsail.
· Separate trysail track.
· 6 Lewmar 46 winches.
· 4 Lewmar 48 winches.
· 2 Lewmar 65 winches.
· 2 Lewmar 58 electric winches.
· 1 Lewmar outhaul winch on boom.
· All winches serviced annually.
· Doyle Spectra main with three reef points, new approx. 2009.
· Doyle Spectra 135 jib, new approx. 2009.
· Asymmetrical spinnaker- used once.
· Storm Trysail with sheets spliced on and orange markings as required.
· Sails inspected and serviced annually by Doyle Sails.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
· Lewmar 45 pound CQR anchor - new 2015.
· 300 feet of 3/8 in G4 anchor chain, new 2014.
· Danforth anchor (new 2011) with 50 feet of chain and 250 feet ¾ inch rode.
· Lofrans Falcon Horizontal 24 volt anchor windlass.
· Salt water anchor wash down pump –new 2014.
· Six ¾ inch dock lines.
· Four fenders.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
· Lewmar forward hatch - new 2013.
· Salon porthole lenses new 2014.
· Overhead deck prisms - new 2013.
· Vetus polished stainless steel dorades, five, new approx. 2010.
· Dodger over companion way.
· Cockpit Spray hood.
· Sun awning.
· Forward hatch covers.
· Center hatch cover with aluminum battens.
· Companionway dodger.
· Cockpit spray hood.
· Bimini (three bow) with three additional sun panels.
· Canvas transom cover.
· Canvas wheel cover.
· Rain awning for forward hatch.
· Cockpit cushions new 2015.
· Crew cushion covers for leather cushions down below
· Padded crew floor covers
· Viking RescYou Pro six-person life raft with cradle and emergency pack E-USA – new 2011; last serviced 2014.
· Side boarding ladder with treads installed.
· ACR EPIRB with automatic hydrostatic release mount.
· 2 radar reflectors (lower spreaders).
· 3 Model 2.5 SA ABC fire extinguishers, new 2015.
· 2 Model 5 HI Sa40 ABC fire extinguishers, new 2015.
· 1 automatic engine compartment fire extinguisher, new 2015.
· Fire Blanket, new 2015.
· Smoke and Carbon Monoxide detectors.
· LPG sniffer/detector/alarm