Blue Magic is the last of the Swan 65’s and was delivered in 1989, seventeen years after her oldest sistership. The Swan 65 first gained notoriety during the first Whitbred Round the World Race in 1973-74 where hull number three ‘Sayula II’ took overall victory. This success was further proven in the 1977-78 edition when Swan 65’s took three of the top five positions overall.
Now, many years later, these legendary yachts have become an iconic symbol of elegance. Blue Magic was specially commissioned and after her delivery in 1989, remains to be the very last of the Swan 65’s, the culmination of nearly two decades of experience from the millions of ocean miles sailed by these magnificent yachts.
Blue Magic has been very carefully maintained and in recent years, has had every major system upgraded or replaced. Some highlights include:
- New main engine in 2010, only 554 hours in November 2015
- New Westerbeke generator in 2007, only 293 hours in November 2015
- New Sidepower bow thruster
- All new Harken winches – 2008
- New Harken hydraulic powerpack - 2008
- Rewiring of yacht and new electrical panel in 2008
- New navigation and sailing instruments - 2008
- New teak deck in 2003
- New to the brokerage market, she is currently lying ashore in Sweden and available to visit by appointment