The new Swan 60 offers a high-volume interior, a large and well-protected cockpit and race levels of performance. To meet these conflicting demands, Nautor has made extensive use of state-of-the-art technology in the design and the construction methods. The boat features an entirely new hull built from advanced materials, while at the same time preserving Nautor Swan’s core values: to be comfortable for cruising and fast for offshore racing.
The result is very low drag, keel and rudder, and a long dynamic waterline at displacement and semi-planing speeds. These performance refinements also bring the advantage of improved sea-keeping qualities.
The boat’s high-stability, direct steering system, and foils with a forgiving performance all add up to a light and responsive yacht.
The yacht can be sailed easily by just two people, thanks to powered winches and a cockpit layout that places the helmsman within easy reach of the winches. The steering position is carefully designed to allow the helmsman a clear view of the sails and approaching seas. The thinking behind the deck layout is to provide space for more than one activity while sailing or at anchor, yet still allowing unhindered movement around the boat at all times.
The deck is very spacious and offers a functional full transom which features a sunbathing area and dinghy garage.
Moving below deck, the interior has been designed to maximize living space, with plenty of natural light. The galley provides all the facilities you might expect from a Swan of this size, and surprises and delights with ingenious details and design features, making the galley both attractive and absolutely practical to use. The large, open saloon is based around a spacious navigation station, and benefits greatly from hull windows, coachroof ports and wide hatches, giving both natural illumination and exterior views.
Moving forward from the saloon, a generously sized owners cabin boasts the ambience, proportions and privacy normally reserved for much larger yachts. Finally, guests will enjoy their stay in two symmetrical after cabins, both of which are en-suite.
‘Thor’ was launched in November 2014 and is ready for racing or cruising. Currently lying in Mexico, she is available for immediate delivery.
HULL & APPENDAGES
- Hull is constructed using a SPRINT/pre preg carbon fibre /epoxy sandwich laminate over Corecell foam core.
- Laminated in a female mould to ensure excellent external finish
- Stiffeners, chain plates, mast step and bulkheads in Carbon Fibre pre preg using unidirectional fibres
- Six Hull windows on either side of saloon, aft cabins and in each aft cabin
- Hydraulically operated transom door doubles as a bathing platform
- Side-Power SR170-250t DC retractable bow thruster
Keels are comprised of antimony hardened lead bulb and hi tensile steel fin, bolted to hull with hi-tensile bolts. The shallow draft (3.0m / 9’8”) keel is currently fitted. There is second regatta keel (3.6m/11’9”) supplied separately
- The hull is painted using DuPont paint systems, Town Grey with Snow White cove and boot stripes
- Bottom is treated with epoxy primer then International Uni-Pro antifouling colour black
- The rudder is supplied by Isotop, carbon skins over foam core and a carbon rudderstock
- JP3 rudder bearings, Lightweight alloy quadrant
- Twin 120mm clear coated carbon steering wheels 1.6 turns H.O to H.O.
- Emergency steering system in lazarette
- Deck is constructed in SPRINT/pre-preg sandwich using Corecell foam. Hi-density core under hi-load areas
- Composite surfaces are painted with Snow White DuPont paint system. No coaming stripe on coachroof
- The side decks, fore deck, cockpit sole and seats are covered with 55 x 9 mm quarter cut teak battens with 5 mm white caulking. 30 mm high teak toe rail forward of the mast
- Two built-in angled adjustable helmsman’s supports are located at the steering consoles.
- Large cockpit providing safe access to the interior, designed for comfort both under sail and at anchor
- Cockpit seats are 2.5m (8’2”) long with backrests on either side
- A 2m (6’6”) long white-painted semi-permanent cockpit table with folding leaves is mounted in the center of the cockpit.
- Table is mounted on telescopic legs to adjust height, drops down to become a sunbathing area
Hatches & Portlights
- Custom made flush mounted hatches with gutters in white painted composite, all supported by gas rams
- Manually sliding companionway hatch and drop down washboard
- Acrylic portlights on either side on coachroof
- Anchor windlass Lewmar V6 with remote control on foredeck, removable for racing with GRP cover.
- Folding anodized aluminium anchor arm, supported by gas spring
- Stainless pushpit, pulpit and stanchions
- Handrails in cockpit
- Removable teak foot chocks for helmsman
- 6x pop up mooring cleats
Deck Canvas (All Cadet Grey Sunbrella)
- Recessed sprayhood forward of cockpit
- Canvas sun awning connects via boltrope to boom and covers entire cockpit area
- Cushions for entire cockpit area
- Wheel and pedestal covers
- Rope coil pockets
- Mainsail cover (Sunbrella silver)
Teak covered hatches
- Anchor locker
- Life raft storage
- Gas locker
- Helm foot stands
- Deck lockers
- Primary 2x B 990.3 STRAD EH with free spinning bases
- Halyards 2x B 65.3 STRAD EH
- Single point mainsheet aft of helmsman connected to hydraulically operated Magic Trim system mounted in lazarette. Control buttons on steering pedestal and wireless remote control
- Removable carbon fibre bowsprit – A-frame type including bobstay, painted ‘Town Grey’
- Harken tracks/cars for jib sheet
- Holmatro hydraulic ram for genoa car adjustment
- Holmatro hydraulic ram for genoa Barber hauler
- Wireless remote control for headsail trimming
- Wireless remote control for mainsail trimming
- Jin Cunningham System, control in cockpit
- Harken foot, halyard and spi sheet blocks
- Removable carbon fibre bowsprit
- Spinlock jammers all with ceramic Jaws
- Wichard and Harken padeyes
Nautor Custom Flush Hatches
- Above forepeak
- Above forward head
- Above forward cabin
- Above saloon
- Above aft heads
- Above aft cabins
- woodwork, White stained teak oil waxed providing a natural looking satin finish
- Removable overhead panels in all cabins
- Foam cored floorboards are finished in Varnished Wenge with a v-groove
- Racing Floorboards for saloon area, White painted with non-skid surface
- Door handles Valli&Valli Fusital polished stainless steel with custom leather
- Cotton upholstery fabric Lauritzon West 3 for sofas, cabin seating
- Overhead blinds/mosquito nets on hatches
- LED reading lights at the head of each berth
- Headboards in aft cabin padded and upholstered with Lauritzon Darwin 07
- Assorted throw pillows in Lauritzon fabric and leather to match interior decor
Leather detail in Coral Monet A-1240 Including:
- Mast cover in saloon
- Cabin door handles
- Navigator seat
- Headboard in forward cabin
- Table tops in aft cabins
- Main companionway handrail
- Laptop table in forwards cabin
- Leather pockets 3 pcs
- Lee cloths for all berths (Sunbrella Cadet Grey)
- Crew covers for berths and settees in Sunbrella Natte Stone
- Dining table cover in Sunbrella cadet grey
Forward Cabin (Owner’s Suite)
The forward cabin features a queen size berth at centerline in the forward end. Large hanging locker located near the entrance of the cabin on the starboard side. Upper lockers for additional storage can be found on each side of berth. Removable table for laptop on forward bulkhead. Entrance to the master bathroom is adjacent to the cabin entrance. Large double hatches and hull windows allow generous amounts of natural light. Ensuite head located in port, aft side of cabin and features separate shower compartment, washbasin, mirrors, storage lockers, and Tecma Silence WC
Aft Cabins (Both sides aft, identical mirrored cabins)
Aft cabins feature twin berths aft. An additional filler piece makes the berths in to a double berth when required. A hanging locker is located outboard at the forward end of the outboard berth. Counter top with a tray for loose items at centerline. The visible hull outboard is covered with lightweight white painted panels. Bedside outboard has leather pockets for smaller storage. Entrance in to the heads are adjacent the cabin entrances. Open able portholes to cockpit and aft deck allow generous flow of natural air and light into the cabin. En suite head with wash basin, WC, shower, mirror and storage lockers
The saloon features an open, voluminous arrangement with an integrated galley and navigation areas. Dining for six persons is provided on port side consisting of dining table, settee and two loose chairs Dedon Sea X with white frame and light grey faux leather upholstery. Two Carpyen Nirvana table lights on either side, forward. A three-person settee is located on starboard side with a locker aft of the settee. Upper lockers for storage are placed outboard on both sides. The exposed hull outboard is covered with lightweight white painted panels. Deckhead at centerline integrates indirect lighting and a handrail. Access to engine room is located behind the main companionway. On the aft starboard side, a bar area including custom made glass cupboard, and storage lockers for bottles and serving items.
The galley is located on the port side of the yacht with direct access to saloon. Work surfaces are finished in Corian, color Linen. The sink, the draining rack and storage for cutlery are located in a centerline galley island. The stove is gimbaled. It is located in the outboard counter with an exhaust fan above. Microwave oven is integrated in the upper locker aft. The fridge-freezer is located near the entrance and the saloon for easy access. All drawers and storage lockers have been customized to accommodate tableware, pots, pans and galley items.
- Front-loading refrigerator 115L
- Front-loading freezer 80L
- Four-burner gas stove with electric oven
- Miele microwave oven
- Exhaust hood over cooker
- Chart table with opening top and drawers is outboard facing and located on the starboard aft side of saloon.
- Instrument panels outboard with recessed mounting of instruments and controls
Located centreline between galley and nav station. Accessible from three sides with removable panels. Soundproofing reduces 20dB of airborne sounds plus great vibration reduction
ENGINE & SYSTEMS
- Main propulsion engine is a Yanmar JH4-HTE with ZF 25A gearbox
- Four-blade Brunton Varifold propeller on 38mm shaft
- Gori 3-blade Racing Propeller 24” x 15”
- 500L (132UsG) total fuel capacity in two polyethylene tanks
- Semi dry exhaust by Halyard, water is separated from gas for quiet operation
- Side-Power SR170-250t DC retractable bow thruster
- Bosch Rexroth DC power pack with two electric pumps operating:
- Boom vang
- Jib furler length adjuster
- Mainsheet magic trim
- Transom hatch
- Jib car adjusters
- Jib Barberhauler
- Jib Cunningham
Hydraulic Remote Controls
- Jupiter 10B hydraulic remotes, one for mainsail trimmer, one for genoa trimmer.
- Functions controlled by mainsail remote:
- Boom vang
- Mainsheet magic trim
Functions controlled by genoa trimmer remote
- Jib sheet winch port – two buttons
- Jib sheet winch starboard – two buttons
- Jib car port – forward and aft
- Jib car starboard – forward & aft
- Jib barber hauler – in & out
The yacht is equipped with a low-pressure compressed air system, used mainly for transom door sealing
- Pressurized hot/cold water system distributed to galley, deck shower and all bathrooms
- Water capacity 400L in two polyethylene tanks
- Aqua Jet Flowmaster 24v water pressure pump with 2L pressure vessel
- 50-litre stainless steel hot water tank, heated by engine operation or 220v element
- Sea Recovery Ultra Whisper 600 series Watermaker producing 95 l/h
- Johnson deck wash pump for seawater circuit, hose connection in anchor locker
Frigonautica 24v DC refrigeration compressors for fridge and freezer. Seawater cooled
- 230v AC Marine Air conditioning system circulates cooled or heated water throughout boat, independent fan coils in each cabin and saloon. 36,000 BTU cooling and 39,600 BTU heating
- Forced air ventilation system draws air from throughout the boat and exhausts through transom area
- Galley exhaust fan
- Separate engine room and battery box ventilation systems
- Grey water from washbasins, showers, condensing water from air conditioning and freezer/fridge is collected to transfer pumps and pumped out above waterline
- Black water is collected in 3x 40L holding tanks (one for each head) and pump out via 24v pump
- All heads are Tecma Silence 24v, fresh water flushing
- Four separate bilge areas are emptied using 24v electric or Whale manual pumps
- Automatic bilge pumps in main saloon and lazarette
- The DC-system is based on Multiplexing Technology. The CAN-technology allows distributed switching and protection of electrical loads.
- All functions can be controlled and monitored on a touch screen.
- Service battery system Li-Ion Battery comprising of 2 x MLI24/5000 total capacity 26,5 V 360 Ah/1h.
- Handling battery system Li-Ion Battery comprising of 2 x MLI24/5000 total capacity 26,5 V 360 Ah/1h
- Engine and generator starting batteries 12v 75A
- LED overhead and indirect lighting throughout boat
- Lopolight LED navigation lights
- The AC system is a 230 V 50/60 Hz single-phase three-wire. The 230V can be powered by the diesel generator or by 50/60 Hz shore connection.
- There are also a number of 230 V 50 Hz appliances powered by a DC/AC inverter.
- 230v 50A Shore Power system
- 10 Kw Mastervolt Whisper generator with sound shield
- 10.5 KVA isolation 110/220 transformer, allowing shore power connection in USA/Caribbean
- 2x 24v 80A battery charger for service battery bank Mastervolt
- 24v 20A battery charger for handling battery bank Mastervolt
- Separate inverter for the Dell computer 230/350VA 50 Hz Mastervolt 24/350AC Master
- 24/2500 Inverter supplying AC consumers Mastervolt
- Inverter 120V, 60Hz 350 VA Victron Phoenix
The following alarms are displayed on the touch screen including an audio signal at the helm:
- Bilge levels high
- Black water tank levels full
- Water pressure pumps run dry
- Deck wash pump run dry
- Water in fuel separators
- Low battery voltage, service battery bank
- Low battery voltage, handling system battery bank
- Navigation light failure (side, stern and motoring lights)
- LPG leakage
- Generator overload
- Level metering:
- Water tanks
- Fuel tanks
- Black water tank
- B&G H5000 instrument system. System includes the following components:
- H5000 CPU Performance
- H5000 Graphic displays, 2 pcs, positioned on each steering console
- H5000 20/20HV displays, 5 pcs, positioned on mast
- B&G 10/10 displays above main entrance, 2 pcs
- H5000 Pilot Controller positioned on port steering console
- H5000 Analogue Interface, 2 pcs
- H5000 Serial Interface, 2 pieces
- H5000, 3D Motion Sensor
- Vertical Masthead unit 1450mm
- 213 Mast Cable, 36 m Lightweight
- Speed Sensor Plastic Flush mount
- N2K Depth Sensor Plastic Flush mount
- B&G Halcyon Gyro Stabilised Compass
- H5000 Pilot Computer
- Rudder Feedback Unit, Simrad RF25N
- B&G Zeus2 navigation system. System includes the following components:
- One multifunction display 9 inch, B&G Zeus2 W9 on port steering console
- One multifunction display 9 inch, B&G Zeus2 W9 on starboard steering console
- One multifunction display 12 inch, B&G Zeus2 W12 at the navigation station
- GPS antenna, B&G ZG100
- Broadband 4G Radar antenna
- GoFree Wi-Fi wireless modules, 2 pcs
- NEP-2 Network Expansion Ports, 2 pcs
- 15,6 inch widescreen monitor, Simrad
- MO16-P connected to Dell computer
- Navionics Gold charts for B&G Zeus2 including
- 1XG USA
- 3XG Central and South America
- B&G H5000 autopilot with one GPD control at helm
- Dedicated continuous running 24v Marsili/Bosch Rexroth power pack driving Marsili cylinder
- Autopilot pump and cylinder removable, 2 pcs quick connection on hydraulic hoses
- Dell OptiPlex 780 ultra compact computer connected to 15.6-inch widescreen monitor at nav station
- Internal wireless local area network (WLAN) available throughout the yacht and deck.
- The Dell computer is connected to the network allowing tactical software control from an iPad or equivalent
- HP OfficeJet 100 Mobile Printer connected to computer at navigation station.
- Tactical software Expedition 8 installed on Dell computer.
- Fleet Broadband 250 satellite communications system with antenna on pushpit
- Simrad RS-90 VHF/DSC with additional Simrad RS-90 handset and speaker in cockpit
- Fixed wireless 3G router, Option Globesurfer III
- Lightweight VHF antenna AC Marine CELmar VHF on masthead
- Class B AIS transponder, Simrad NAIS-400 including GPS and VHF antenna splitter
- Simrad NSPL-400. System connected to VHF antenna on mast top. GPS is antenna positioned on pushpit.
- Fusion MS-AV700i stereo system in saloon and cockpit.
- Fusion system includes docking station MS-UNIDOCK and one pair of B&W CCM362 speakers in saloon ceiling and one pair of Fusion MS-FR7021 speakers in cockpit.
- Cockpit speakers are controlled from B&G Zeus2 MFD displays.
- LED TV 32 inch, Samsung Series 6 with North American ATSC-tuner for terrestrial TV.
- TV is positioned in owner's cabin and mounted on aft bulkhead using a fixed surface mount fitting.
- Blu-ray player Samsung BD-H5900, in owner's cabin connected to Samsung TV.
- Includes IR extender system, Marmitek Infrared control 8.
MAST & RIGGING
- Two-spreader Hall Spars MS40 high modulus carbon fibre mast finished in clear coat.
- Internal mast jack cylinder with manual pump. Swept spreaders 21 degrees
- Hall Spars V-Boom in carbon fibre allowing up to three reefs, clear coat
- Hall Spars' race boom high modulus carbon fibre including Holmatro HCL-12B LS long stroke outhaul cylinder.
- Reckmann UD3 Sphere electric head stay furler with double groove carbon foil
- Standing rigging, SCR carbon with SCR backstays, including rod head stay and titanium turnbuckles from Hall Spars
- Two removable locks for main halyard and code-0 halyard including a dedicated locking main halyard and code 0 halyard.
- Jib halyard lock together with jib cunningham attachment
- Real-time Reckmann UD3 forestay length adjuster
- Headstay carbon foil with double groove
- Boom vang, Holmatro HVG-40 B
Carbon racing headstay and tuff luff foil including:
- Carbolink carbon headstay cable
- Tuff luff kit 4807-95
- Navtec J100-3232 toggle
- Custom fork for Reckmann furler
Removable carbon fibre bowsprit with bobstay for racing
Upgraded racing running inventory available on request
- Transport cradle for yacht
- Transport chocks for bulb and keel
- Winch handles
- Basic tools for engine and generator maintenance
- Basic spare parts for engine and generator
- Suction lifters for floorboards
- Sounding rods for fuel and water tanks
- Boarding ladder
Anchoring and Mooring
- One CQR 75lbs (34Kg) galvanized anchor on folding arm
- 80m – 12mm high tensile anchor chain
- One Fortress 21.2Kg alloy anchor stowed in lazarette
- 5m 10mm chain with 50m 18mm nylon rhode for spare anchor
- Four mooring lines 15m each
- Two mooring lines 25m each
- Eight Avon fenders
- Boat hook
- Gloria P2G fire extinguishers in each cabin
- Jackstays on deck
Main 2014 North Sails Black carbon 3Di with carbon C-tech battens and Antal cars
Trysail 2014 North Sails Dyneema Norlam with Antal cars
Jib 2 2014 North Sails Black carbon 3Di with battens
Jib 4 2014 North Sails Black carbon 3Di
Storm Jib 2014 North Sails Dyneema Norlam
A2 2014 North Sails Nylon spi with top-down furler. Future fibres luff cables for sprit or bow
MH Gennaker 2014 North Sails Furling Gennaker CZ60 GP cloth, future fibres luff cable
Price may be changed without notice
Boat is offered subject to still being available
The particulars are believed to be correct but not guaranteed