The Warrior 40 is a large volume blue-water orientated cruising yacht from the pen of the acclaimed Bill Dixon (of Moody fame). Whilst yachts such as the Bowman 40/2 or Rival 41 will take you around the World in safety and comfort, they are relatively low volume and can be a bit of squeeze when the crew numbers rise. The Warrior 40 addresses these issues with a capacious 3-cabin interior layout (with one of the very best owner’s cabin you will find on ANY 40ft yacht) and a large, deep and very safe aft cockpit.
Renowned as also being quite speedy in the passage-making department, the Warrior 40 is just the ticket for events such as the ARC or Pacific crossings where big hops between islands are inevitable. Her impressive 42.5% ballast ratio will also serve to give added peace of mind when the wind picks up and the waves start mounting.
Her current owners have spared no expense in equipping her comprehensively for blue water sailing. She is up to date and looking forward to her next expedition.
CHISCOS has been a fantastic yacht to own and sail. We have sailed her over 20,000 miles in all manner of conditions and she has always looked after us. She is extremely seaworthy and kept going even when the crew were ready to give up!
And on arrival in harbour, she has been a great social boat and we have enjoyed many parties both on deck and in her spacious cabins. She is easily handled by two people and her keel configuration makes her stable at sea yet easy to manoeuvre in confines of a marina.
We believe she was the penultimate Warrior to come out of the Trident yard and seemed to have some extra care lavished on her as one of the final boats to leave the factory. One of the reasons why the professionally finished internal fit out is so good.
RCD Status: It is our understanding that the yacht is compliant with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
· Mouldings for the hull, deck and peripheral mouldings were completed in Trident Marine’s Lloyds approved workshops to Lloyds approved regulations.
· Hand laid-up GRP consisting of chopped strand matt and woven rovings
· Double thickness NPG white pigmented gelcoat with blue gelcoat boot-top
· Outer layers of 1x 300gm powder-bound matt GRP and 2x 600gm emulsion-bound matt GRP laid using high quality isophthalic resins for added resistance against osmosis
· Remaining layers laid using conventional polyester resins
· Topsides have 18oz/sqyd GRP density increasing to 22oz/sqyd at the bilge and 26oz/sqyd at the keel
· Internal bulkheads are ¾ inch marine plywood, glassed in place with 600gm matt on both sides
· Underwater sections epoxied from new to provide even greater resistance to moisture ingress
· Deck is GRP with polyester resin, CSM and woven rovings
· Deck is overlaid with teak planking bonded and screwed in place
· Coach roof GRP/balsa core sandwich with white gelcoat and moulded non-slip finish
· The deck is through-bolted to the hull with a rubber gasket
· Aluminium toerail
· Large, deep, well protected cockpit with teak to sole, seats and surround.
· Coppercoated from launch.
Keel & Rudder:
· ¾ length GRP encapsulated keel with a combination of lead shot ballast (500kgs) & steel ballast (3,750kgs) and encapsulated in polyester resin
· Large solid GRP rudder blade with solid 316 stainless steel rudder stock
· Rudder is supported by a ¾ length GRP skeg and is further supported with 3 rudder bearings for increased strength
Engine & Gearboxes:
· 1 x Yanmar 4JH3E-56.
· Yanmar saildrive gearbox.
Maintenance & Performance:
· Engine hours – approx 1,882 as of October 2015.
· Date of last engine service: May 2015.
· Approx cruising speed – 6.2 knots.
· Approx max speed – 8.0 knots.
Propulsion & Steering:
· 3-bladed Bruntons high efficiency Autoprop propeller.
· ‘Stripper’ rope cutter.
· Whitlock white GRP helm pedestal with wheel.
· Emergency tiller arrangement.
· Hydrovane self-steering.
· Raytheon wheel driven Autopilot. New drive 2012.
· 12vDC domestic system and 230vAC ring main from shore power.
· 1x 100Ah 12vDC engine start battery.
· 2x 230Ah 12vDC service batteries joined to supply 460Ah @ 12v. New 2011
· Cristec 80Amp/hr charger.
· Engine mounted alternator.
· Paguro 4Kw generator. 2011 Approx 365hrs as at October 2015
· 230vAC shore power system with ring-main and 230vAC sockets internally.
- All 12v and 230v systems controlled by .
· 12v socket at chart table.
· DC control panel with voltmeter and battery monitoring
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
· 12vDC pressurised water system. (new pump 2014).
· Hot water supplied via engine driven calorifier or 230vAC immersion heater element powered by shore power/generator.
· Pressurised hot & cold water supplied to galley and heads.
· Manual fresh supply to galley.
· Salt water pump at galley.
· 2x manual bilge pumps (in cockpit and in aft navigator’s cabin).
· 1x 12vDC electric bilge pump with manual override at chart table.
· Water maker D60 by Dessalator 292 hours.
Grey & Black Water:
· Grey discharges overboard via 12vDC automatic pump in keel sump.
· Black water discharges overboard or to holding tank.
· 42 gallons (191 litres) in 1x stainless steel tank.
· Fuel tank filled from side deck and vented outboard.
· Tank gauge.
· 130 gallons (590 litres) in 2x polyprop tanks.
· 1x Polyprop 50 ltrs holding tank for black water from aft heads.
· Pump out on deck or overboard.
· Raytheon ST 60 wind instrument.
· Raytheon ST 60 depth instrument.
· Raytheon ST 60 speed instrument.
· Garmin GPS 550.
· Whitlock pedestal steering compass.
Below in Navigation Station:
· Raytheon pathfinder SL70 radar.
· Icom HF marine IC-M802.
· Cockpit speaker.
· Plastimo radio controlled remote control 433MHZ barometer
· Garmin GPS 128.
· RCC-03 remote control and programing center.
· Icom Hand held Vhf IC – M23
· Nelson gimbaled stainless steel stove with 2x burners, oven and grill.
· Twin stainless steel sinks with pressurised hot & cold water.
· 12vDC refrigeration.
· Rasker manual marine toilets in heads compartment.
· Hot & cold pressurised water in heads and shower compartments.
Heating & Ventilation:
· Opening deckhead hatches and side-ports.
· Retractable blind for deckhead hatches.
· Mosquito nets for all deck hatches
· Diesel hot air heating system.
· Hella fans to all sleeping cabins
· 12vDC deck head and reading lights.
· Wharfedale CD/Radio/MP3 with speakers in saloon.
· Cockpit speakers.
Summary of Accommodation:
· Three accommodation cabins with double berths, plus further single berths in saloon via single settee berth to starboard and upper pilot berth in starboard aft cabin.
· Lee cloths for cabin berths.
· Light honey teak joinery throughout.
· Teak & holly soleboards.
· Red cloth upholstery in saloon and accommodation cabins.
· White vinyl headlining’s with teak battening.
· White vinyl lining to exposed hull sides.
· Grey speckled laminate galley top.
· White moulded grp heads.
· Stainless steel mast compression post concealed by teak boarding.
Large double offset berth with stowage locker beneath. Access to ensuite heads to port. Out board facing dressing table to port with seat. Hanging locker outboard. Cupboards above berth.
Access to large stowage area/workshop in forepeak.
Ensuite heads for forward owner’s cabin. Positioned to port. Manual marine heads, sink and thermostatically controlled hot & cold pressurised shower with dedicated cubicle. Mirror and cupboard stowage.
Positioned to starboard. Large L-shaped settee with bench seat over amidships. Lockers and shelving outboard and further stowage beneath and outboard of settees.
Opposite saloon to port. Linear galley arrangement with gimballed cooker, top opening refrigerator and twin stainless steel sinks. Extensive stowage in lockers, cupboards and drawers.
Aft of saloon and forward of starboard aft cabin. Manual marine heads, shower, wash basin with hot and cold taps. Stowage lockers and mirror.
Located in port aft accommodation cabin. Forward facing chart table with navigation equipment and electronics panel mounted to bulkhead. Dedicated navigator’s seat.
Port Aft Cabin:-
Double berth with infill. Chart table area to forward end. Hanging locker and extensive stowage in cupboards and lockers
Starboard Aft Cabin:-
Upper single berth and lower double berths with extensive stowage inboard, outboard and beneath.
· Selden aluminium alloy anodised spars.
· In mast furling.
· Deck-stepped masthead cutter rigged mast with two sets of inline spreaders and one set of jumper-struts.
· Split backstay.
· Selden rod-vang adjustable from cockpit.
· Twin Selden furlex on staysail 200s and Yankee/Genoa 300s.
· Staysail on self-tacking track.
· Lewmar sheet tracks with blocks.
· Lewmar mainsheet system adjustable from cockpit.
· ZSpars alloy spinnaker pole.
· Winch package from Lewmar consisting of:-
· 2x 44CST 2-speed manual self-tailing primary winches.
· 1 x 30CST 2-speed manual self-tailing secondary winches.
- 2 x 30CST 2-speed manual self-tailing at companionway.
· 2 x 16CST 2-speed manual self-tailing winches at mast.
· Maxi Roach fully battened mainsail 2009.
· Furling 135% yankee 2011.
· Furling staysail 2009.
· 105sqm Parasalior 2011.
· Stainless steel pushpit with liferaft cradle.
· Stainless steel pulpit with teak step.
· Boarding gates to port & starboard.
· Teak grabrails on coachroof.
· Cockpit table.
· Burgee halyard.
· Drinks holders at helm pedestal.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
· Lofrans Kobra electric windlass. New drive 2012.
· 45lbs CQR anchor with 40m chain. 50m line
· Danforth kedge anchor.
· 8 mooring cleats.
· Warps and 8x fenders.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
· Blue canvas sprayhood.
· Blue canvas Bimini.
· Blue canvas helm pedestal cover.
· Liferaft cover.
· Cockpit cushions to all cockpit seats
· Push pit mounted 6 man life raft Date of next service 30/03/2018.
· Horseshoe buoy.
· MOB recovery device.
· Throwing line.
· Macmurdo 406 Epirb.
Fire Fighting Equipment:
· Fire extinguishers in all cabins New 2011
· Auto extinguisher in the engine bay 2011
· Fire blanket at galley.