The Talaria 40 is a twin engine, waterjet driven, versatile lake/ocean cruiser built with quality, comfort and safety in mind. She sleeps two comfortably forward and includes a head with separate shower, and full galley. There is a lounge seating and an optional dining table that can transform to an extra berth in the pilothouse. Additional seating is in the cockpit.
Hinckley DualGuard composit construction of the hull is Kevlar E-glass hybrid and balsa core, Scrimped with vinylester resin. Deck and cockpit are E-glass and balsa core, molded with polyester resin. The deck and cockpit sole have a molded-in nonskid pattern. All Forespar Marelon seacocks.
- Flag Blue Awlgrip Topsides
- Light Cream Gelcoat Cabin house and Deck
- Double Cream Bootstripe
- Black painted Bottom
- Foredeck has a flush anchor locker with a custom pneumatic strut that holds open the anchor locker hatch.
- Starboard mid-deck molded in locker can be used for storage
- Aft, the heavy duty fiberglass swim platform has teak insert treads, stainless steel bracket and half round, and a stainless steel telescoping 3-step folding swim ladder.
- Rounded, tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile
- Varnished teak eyebrow molding around cabin top
- Varnished teak handrails on cabin and pilothouse top\
- Four (4) opening elliptical ports with screens on house sides
- Hinckley pilothouse mast with spotlight and 24? Radome are painted to match deck.
- Three (3) low profile Lewmar opening aluminum hatches with screens
- Custom Hinckley 316L stainless steel bow chocks
- Bow, stern and springline 316L SS mooring cleats
- Wichard padeyes with chafe strips to hang fenders
- Stainless steel half round on fiberglass molded rubrail
Pilothouse is finished with:
- Five (5) pilothouse windows: two (2) sliding side windows, three (3) fixed forward with heavy-duty, self-parking, intermittent windshield wipers and fresh water washers.
- Insulated white overhead has two (2) forward acrylic opening hatches
- Additional illumination is by low voltage halogen lights
- Varnished teak handrails in the overhead
- Varnished teak pilothouse dash and upper cabin house sides
- Teak locking companionway door
- Varnished teak handrail is on the aft end of the pilothouse
- Customized Ivory color drop curtains with clear heavy-duty plastic windows provide a fully enclosed pilothouse.
- Ivory colored interior window sun covers for all pilothouse windows.
- The pilothouse has the helm to starboard with the passenger/navigator area to port
- Pompanette "Custom Hinckley" Prestige helm and passenger seats on powder on powder coated stainless pedestals, finished in Light Oyster Ultra-Leather, can adjust fore/aft and swivel to face aft. There are stainless steel footrests.
- The forward port passenger area has a cup holder on the forward bulkhead
- AC/DC electrical panel is outboard and a custom DC outlet is nearby
- There is a goose-neck chartlight in this area
Helm Station (starboard)
- The helm station has a a varnished teak instrument pod with continuing shelf outboard and aft, stainless steel 14" steering wheel with varnished wood rim, Jet Stick, engine gauges, remote switches to spotlight, and cup holder
Helm Electronics and Navigation Equipment:
- Raytheon ST-6000 Autopilot with rate sensor
- Northstar 962 color 10" GPS/Chartplotter with memory upgrade: Regions 4,6,7.8.9 and 9.1 installed
- Raytheon RL-80C Plus 10.4" Color LCD Radar (interfaced with GPS) with 4-kw pedestal, 48" open array
- Standard Horizon VHF radio/loud hailer
- Raytheon ST-60 Tri-data multi-function display with depth, water temperature, and speed indicator
- Danforth Constellation compass
- GPS/DGPS antenna painted to match deck
- Pilothouse aft has additional seating with two (2) curved settees, each with a varnished teak shelf rim outboard that faces inboard and forward and that have back and bottom cushions covered in custom Light Oyster Ultra-Leather
- Settee can convert to a 6'-7' berth
- There is a locker stowage beneath the settee
- Varnished teak table on a pedestal - can be lowered to form a more comfortable berth
- Settee can convert to a kids-size berth and has stowarge under.
Pilothouse amenities include:
- SFI 60 icemaker is mounted under the helm seat with varnished teak louvered door access
- Pilothouse sole stowage
- Three (3) 12-volt lights over the settees
From the pilothouse forward and down two companionway steps is the main cabin accommodation. Convenient to the pilothouse are the galley and private head with sleeping accommodations located forward
The interior is finished in satin-varnished cherry, including sheathing and the soft, insulated overhead is white with cherry trim.
- The cabin sole is varnished teak & tulipwood and has a custom cabin sole cover.
- All cabin locker doors are louvered with radius corners on the frames.
- (3) Opening overhead hatches
- (4) Opening ports below (including head and galley)
- All opening ports and hatches have screens
- Custom interior sun covers for windows and hatches
- Various throw pillows
- Frigast stainless steel 12-volt lamps provide plenty of interior lighting.
- Two MarineAir reverse-cycle heat/air conditioning units with outlets in the main cabin, galley, head, and pilothouse.
- Alpine FM/Cassette stereo with 6-CD changer, amplifier and six (6) Alpine speakers - (2) on forward bulkhead, (2) in pilothouse overhead, (2) aft in cockpit.
GALLEY (Starboard)Immediately starboard of the companionway is the galley:
- The varnished cherry galley has a Savannah Corian countertop.
- Polished stainless steel sink has Grohe fixtures, spray nozzle, and hot and cold pressure water.
- Seaward electric 4-burner cooktop stove
- Sharp R820BK microwave/convection oven
- Grunert Polarmate 12-volt DC refrigeration/freezer.
A varnished cherry pantry with louvered doors and several shelves separates the galley from the V-berth area. The offset forward sink is integral mounted in the Corian countertop. Next to the sink is a countertop accessed waste bin. Next aft is the built-in stove-top with the microwave/convection oven built in behind a cherry door beneath the stove. Built in on the aft bulkhead, the refrigeration is top-accessed through the countertop.
- Stowage is located in the pantry, outboard and under the sink, outboard the stove, and over outboard the refrigeration.
- 12-volt light is mounted under the locker over the refrigeration
- Halogen spotlight is over the galley area.
Galley amenities include:
- Proper stowage for 6 settings of tableware
- 110-volt GFI outlet
- Red step-light in galley
- Opening port with screen
- Opening overhead hatch adds extra light and ventilation
HEAD (Port):Opposite the galley to port is a private head with a solid cherry door. The molded head sole has nonskid molded in.
- Savannah Corian countertop has an undermounted sink.
- Separate shower area with custom handheld shower fixture with shut-off has a ?hands-free? mounting bracket.
- Grohe fixture provides hot & cold pressure water.
- Sealand Vacu-flush ?bone color? marine head is plumbed directly to the holding tank.
- 110-volt GFI outlet
- Recessed halogen lights over sink.
- Dome lights in shower stall
- Storage is provided by cherry faced lockers above and outboard the vanity and a locker under the vanity.
- Forced ventilation
- Opening port with screen.
- Opening overhead hatch adds extra light and ventilation
SLEEP ACCOMMODATIONS (Forward):Sleeps two forward in V-BERTH with adapter to form a Double berth:
- Cushions are upholstered in Navy Ralph Lauren tapestry fabric.
- (2) Matching pillow shams with Indigo piping.
- Locker storage is under the V-berths with easy access cherry drop front doors.
- Forward of the V-berth is additional storage with shelves behind louvered cherry doors.
Aft of the V-berth to port is a cushioned seat covered in matching Navy Ralph Lauren tapestry fabric. Outboard is a cedar-lined hanging locker with a shelf over. Starboard, another cedar-lined hanging locker has shelves outboard and hanging storage inboard. There is shelf storage over both hanging lockers.
- Two stereo speakers are mounted port and starboard on the forward bulkhead.
- Opening overhead hatch
Electrical System has a low resistance, heavy copper and zinc anode electrical bonding system:
12/24-volt DC electrical system:
- Starting: (2) Lifeline GPL-31 (95-amp/hr) starting battery for each main engine and includes generator starting.
- Service: (2) 12-volt DF-4D 210-amp/hr Service batteries for a total of 420-amps for house accessories
- (2) Lifeline House batteries
- 80-amp alternator - on port engine charges start batteries
- 100-amp alternator - on starboard engine charges house batteries
- Balmar Regulator
- Heavy-duty battery parallel switch also allows emergency starting
110/240-volt 50-amp AC electrical system:
- 240-volt AC shore power inlet, relay and 50' shore power cord
- 80-amp battery charger
- Statpower Prosine 2.5 inverter
Custom Bass AC/DC electrical panel.
New Panda 12-Kw generator 2015 with sound shield.
- 35-amp alternator on generator
- Totally overhauled new ?back end? and zincs 10/2003
Generator control panel includes:
- DC voltmeter, water temperature, oil pressure, engine hrs, control switch, shut-down by-pass switch, and pre-heat switch
Twin (2) Cummins diesel engines 2015 with Hamilton 322 Jet Drive, ZF IRM301PL transmission and Vetus 12-volt 7? bow thruster. Teak rimmed stainless steering wheel with Mathers controls. Hinckley custom ?Jet Stick®? control system is integrated with the bow thruster.
- Racor protection fuel pkg.
- Tachometer with engine hours gauge (50 hours 5/20/2015)
- Fuel, oil pressure, and water temperature gauges
- High engine temperature alarm
- Low oil pressure alarm
- Water jet nozzle direction indicator
- Custom wet exhaust muffler system
- Water jets serviced and painted - Spring 2004
- Oil transfer pump for engine and transmission
- Manual hydraulic steering pump
- (2) Ultra Sr. electric 1500 GPH 12-volt bilge pumps with float switches
- Whale emergency bilge pump mounted in cockpit locker
- Par 6900 saltwater deck wash with foredeck spigot
- Cockpit shower with mixing valve
- (2) 2.5# Dry chemical fire extinguishers
- Aluminum 35-gallon holding tank with Y-valve and macerator pump to overboard discharge
- Jabsco in-line 12-volt automatic shower sump pump
- Flexible engine mounts
- Engine room sound insulation
- Forced air engine room blower
- Engine box has double gaskets
- 110-volt GFI protected outlet in engine room
- Stainless steel 10-gallon hot water heater ? shore power and generator supply power
- MarineAir reverse-cycle air conditioning.
MOOSE MAPLE II was totally re-powered in 2015 at Bird Yacht Services.
Additional upgrades include:
- Interior curtains for all Pilothouse windows (8),
- Chart table fiddle rail
- Grab rails on pilothouse ceiling (2),
- Fuel filter drain kits on Racor filters
- Toe-rail deck drains
- Solid interior covers for all ports and hatches
- Side and rear curtains which attach to the Bimini to totally enclose the cockpit
- Plastic tile decking for the cockpit
- Heavy gauge plastic on rear pilothouse curtains
- Covers for all exterior brightwork
- New bottom paint
- Varnished exterior brightwork
- Jets serviced and painted
- Boat cleaned inside and out including swim platform oiled
- New generator solenoid
- New bow thruster zinc anode
- New charging systems relays and Balmar regulator
- Northstar Chartplotter - upgraded memory and software
- Windshield washer wiper system totally overhauled
MOOSE MAPLE II is a very well maintained Talaria 40. She is outfitted for tropical cruising. Complete toe-rail covers, hand rail covers, window covers and cockpit cover for off season storage. The owners of this boat have been meticulous about making sure all systems are up to date and functioning properly with all scheduled maintenance performed. This vessel is in top condition, a great opportunity to own a proven Islands cruiser
MOOSE MAPLE II is the fastest Hickley Talaria 40 in existence!!