RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- GRP hull is hand laid up single skin with structural stringers and floors to Lloyds approved design specification.
- Outer hull laminate incorporating hi-tech custom carbon/kevlar laminate.
- Built to comply with the requirements stipulated in the European Union’s recreational craft directive (EURCD) to meet design category A – 'ocean'.
- Hull colour white with cove line and double boot top lines in standard oyster blue.
- Hull polished autumn 2017
- Topsides and deck gelcoat treated with ‘nano technology’
- All bulkheads upgraded to carbon foam cored for weight reduction.
- The stern design incorporates a bathing platform trimmed with teak slats and inset moulded steps for access to the stern deck.
- Deck structure moulded in GRP with balsa core.
- Oyster deck saloon profile with 'g5' styling and 'eyebrow' feature.
- The cockpit is split into separate steering and guest/crew areas.
- Both cockpits have a clear central walkway through between twin wheels, giving excellent access from the main companionway to either the helm positions, or to the aft deck.
- Teak laid decks (restored 2015; later cleaned).
- GRP low profile 'rolled edge' bulwark with Nomen silver alloy folding cleats x 10.
- Stainless steel caprail plates at guardrail gates.
- Flush-mounted dorade deck plates with stainless steel cowls.
- All deck plates set flush into teak deck.
Keel & Rudder:
- High performance bulb (HPB) external lead keel, with 1 ton of weight less than the standard Oyster 655.
- Fully protected skeg-hung rudder. Rudder tip sacrificial and extended to be same depth as keel draft.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- 1 x Perkins/sabre m185c 6-cylinder turbo-charged diesel engine of 136kw (187hp) @ 2,100rpm.
Maintenance & Performance:
- All the machinery aboard ROULETTE has been serviced in accordance with Manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Engine decommissioned Autumn 2015
Propulsion & Steering:
- Twin custom carbon y-spoke wheels on twin custom grp steering pedestals.
- Whitlock ‘Mamba’ torque rod and gearbox steering systems.
- Max-prop 3-bladed feathering.
- Ambassador rope cutter on shaft.
- Prop and rope cutted fully overhauled
- Max power 24v vip20 vertical retracting hydraulic thruster; new controls
- Frigomatic 24v dc compressors to refrigerators, freezer and cockpit table.
- Sea cocks cleaned and replaced as necessary and plumbing shut down Autumn 2017
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- From insulated 73 litre ustomi. (16 imp/19 us gallon) tank heated by the engine’s heat exchanger and by thermostatically- controlled 220v, 1.25kw immersion heater element (2015).
- Pressurised hot and cold freshwater system; new fresh water pressure vessel (2015).
- Jabsco fresh water pump system with dry running protection relay.
- Seafresh 206 with fresh water autoflush, producing 95 litres (21 imp/25 us gallons) per hour.
- Jabsco engine driven pump off engine with manually operated clutch system.
- Henderson MKV manual pump.
- Par electric pump with 3-way control. Jabsco second electric bilge pump.
- Bilge high water alarm.
- Bilge pumps overhauled and repaired as necessary
- Tank tender gauges.
- Fuel and water tank gauges, with back-up dipsticks.
- 1,800 litres (396 imp/476 us gallons) in 2 GRP tanks.
- Duplex system to-racor fuel filtration.
- 1,600 litres (352 imp/423 us gallons) in 2 GRP tanks.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Polypropylene gravity emptying holding tank to each heads, with electric Wema gauges.
Audio Visual Systems:
- Connexus TV antenna mounted on lower spreader.
- Hubbell TV/phone socket at transom steps.
- Audio units fitted inside lockers with stowage for iPod.
Twin Crew Cabin – Forward:
- Alpine CD/tuner with iPod interface, pair focal headlining speakers.
Double Guest Cabin – Forward:
- Toshiba TV, alpine CD/tuner with iPod interface, pair focal headlining speakers.
Twin Guest Cabin – Aft:
- 2 x LCD screens flip down over berths with headphone socket at each.
- Alpine DVD/CD/tuner with iPod interface, pair focal headlining speakers.
- 27" Toshiba LCD TV with link to e-series.
- Alpine DVD/CD/tuner with pair focal headlining speakers.
- Magic eye.
- 32" Toshiba TV with hydraulic lifting system (concealed behind settee).
- New upgraded Alpine IVAW502R fitted with touchscreen DVD/Tuner (with multi region), Bluetooth connection and iPod dock in the saloon (2015).
- Magic eye.
- Wireless headphones, Alpine 5-way amp, sub woofer, 5 x Gallo speakers.
- Sky decoder.
- 2 x Pairs Alpine waterproof speakers in cockpit.
- Waterproof remote.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Nine berths in four cabins, excluding the saloon.
- Interior joinery finished in maple with several bulkheads painted in 'linnet white'.
- Designed to be modern and co-ordinated, whilst remaining practical and durable at sea.
- Essential features include sculpted fiddles, 'shadow-gap' joints between panels and Timage flush chrome knobs for lockers and drawers.
- Custom Franchini handles to all cabin doors.
- Grabrails in brushed stainless steel with knurled features.
- Custom 'squared-up' styling to furniture, doors and hull ports.
- Foam cored joinery for furniture and saloon table.
- Cabin sole boards in maple with strip plank effect. Surfaces in galley and heads in satin finish avonite – colour 'kokura'.
- Headlining in off-white vinyl.
- Saloon upholstery in blue/grey bridge of weir Caledonian leather.
- Seating upholstery in cabins in blue/grey Alcantara. Lee screens on sea berths.
- Oceanair blind system to all cabins at windows and hullports.
- Oceanair "skyscreens" to all deck hatches.
- Flyscreens to all opening hull and coachroof ports.
- The owner had significant input in to the interior finishes aboard ROULETTE, assisted by the Rob Humphreys’ design team – the result is rather special.
- Sheets and towels (2015).
Description of layout from forwards:
- Access only via deck hatch.
- Warp bar to each side.
- Outboard motor stowage bracket.
- Gas struts for hatch
Twin Crew Cabin:
- To port, with upper and lower berths.
- Generous lockers beneath lower berth, hanging locker and locker with shelves.
Day Heads/En-suite Crew Heads:
- Accessed from forward passageway and shared by occupants to starboard, with double berth, locker, drawers, hanging locker port crew cabin.
- Jabsco Quietflush electric WC, washbasin and separate shower stall.
- Bulkhead mirror.
Double Guest Cabin with En-suite Heads:
- To starboard, with double berth, locker, drawers, hanging locker and under-berth lockers.
- Maple headboard set into painted bulkhead.
- Stowage crates below berth and floor. En-suite heads with Jabsco Quietflush electric WC, washbasin and separate shower stall.
- Features a large, l-shaped settee to starboard around a fixed maple table with fold-over leaf to double its size for dining.
- Grabrail on centreline edge of table.
- 'Coffee table' area at aft end of settee.
- Shorter settee to port, plus 2 loose folding alloy chairs, to allow for comfortable dining for eight. Horizontal, baize-lined bottle stowage in table pedestal, including layer for champagne bottles. Plentiful lockers including dedicated glass and spirit bottle stowage.
- Overhead handrail.
- Stainless steel treads on companionway steps.
- U-shaped galley down two steps, aft of the saloon to port.
- Stainless steel rods set into worktop as hot pan stand.
- Plentiful overhead lockers.
- Locker doors to cupboards above counter tops in stainless steel finish Formica.
- Custom mug stowage.
- Locker with sliding wire vegetable rack.
- To starboard with chart table, locker and bookshelf.
- Upholstered seat with special high back and armrests.
- Steps lead down from navigation area into passageway, with access to engine room and draining wet locker for oilskins below companionway.
- Sound insulated, with 24V lighting and 3 x electric extractor fans.
- Stowage racks x 4 fitted to inside of door.
- Remote triggered fire flaps to engine room inlet and extract ducts.
Twin Guest Cabin:
- To starboard, off passageway, with upper and lower berths.
- Hanging locker, drawers and lockers.
- Timber vice edge detail to lower berth.
Owner’s Stateroom with En-suite Heads:
- Aft cabin with double berth offset to port, with maple headboard set into painted bulkhead and under-berth drawers.
- There is a sofa on the starboard side of the owner’s stateroom with a trotterbox and lee clothes, making a 9th berth.
- Sprung mattress.
- Settee/seaberth to starboard with desk and hanging locker, including additional drawers.
- Vanity desk with mirror and upholstered seat to port with second large hanging locker.
- Full-length mirror on hanging locker.
- Abundant drawer and locker space.
- Recessed bookshelf to port.
- Access from the aft deck via sliding companionway hatch and maple and stainless steel ladder to starboard. En-suite heads to port with Jabsco quietflush electric WC, washbasin with Vola tap, and separate lit shower stall with glazed door.
- Locker with sliding mirrored doors plus mirrored locker above washbasin.
- Heated towel rail.
- Sloop rig.
- Hall spars carbon mast, with increased height of 2.5 metres more than the standard alloy 655 fit. Swept-back triple spreaders (hauled and serviced 2015).
- Clear coat painted.
- Hall spars carbon ez v boom with internal boom preventer system. The boom also has a wear preventer fitted.
- Navtec hydraulic boom vang, hydraulic mainsail outhaul and cunningham adjuster ram, and hydraulic backstay adjusters x 2 (refitted 2015).
- Harken running backstays.
- Bowsprit, removable and integrated into stemhead fitting.
- 'No strike' ion dissipator at masthead wired into mast step; Mast step, cap shrouds and battery cable bonded to keel bolt.
- Navtec discontinuous rod rigging (replaced 2015; stripped, inspected and replaced where necessary later).
- Running rigging upgraded to Maffioli marbled effect (replaced where necessary 2015).
- Storm jib attachment point.
- Lewmar racing blocks, including additional for spinnaker and genoa.
- Harken ef90-3 electric forestay furler.
- Twin spinnaker poles stowed vertically on mast.
- Spinnaker package includes chainplates, deck fittings, halyard, topping lift, pole lift, single sheet, guy, fore guy and all required blocks.
- Jockey pole.
- Storm jib package includes aramid stay, hoisted to mast and tensioned at base with blocks and tackle onto windlass capstan.
- Reinforced attachment point for storm jib tackle.
- New main halyard (2015).
- By Lewmar – all self-tailing in grey aluminium; all serviced, with foot switches renewed as needed in 2015.
- 2 x 77/3 AEST electric primaries.
- 2 x 65 AST secondaries.
- 1 x 77/3 AEST electric mainsheet.
- 1 x 44 AST traveller control line.
- 2 x 66/3 AEST electric main and genoa halyard.
- By North Sails.
- Mainsail - fully-battened, tri-radial cut, with harken batten car system and lazyjacks.
- 105% furling genoa, tri-radial cut. g-2 gennaker with snuffer.
- Storm jib in hi-visibility orange.
- Trysail in hi-visibility orange, with wire span and Wichard adjuster.
- V boom sail cover.
- Stainless steel pulpit with front opening pushpit, seat and gateway midship stanchions.
- Stainless steel hinging boarding ladders, close up to form the side-gates.
- Gate to pushpit.
- Low level stainless steel grabrails either side of mast area.
- Stern antenna post in carbon for navigation/communications antennae, and it is also a magnificent ensign staff.
- Stowage compartment in anchor locker for secondary spade anchor.
- Cockpit and helms seat rope lockers.
- Lazarette locker with twin s/s gas struts.
- Rope stowage on stainless steel pole and shelving for plastic stowage boxes.
- Gas locker used for fuel container stowage.
- Cockpit table in stainless steel and varnished teak (foam cored construction), with folding leaves and refrigerated coolbox (re-varnished 2015).
- Cockpit cushions with acrylic covers – Sunbrella 'charcoal'. Exit engineering 3.5m carbon fibre passerelle complete with handrail, padded stowage bag and spreader bar.
- Socket in transom step and fitting to lock onto stemhead.
- Stainless steel folding bathing ladder on transom. Hot and cold freshwater deck shower in transom locker.
- Saltwater anchor deck wash.
- Oyster custom drop-down acrylic washboard system.
- Flush-fitted wichard padeyes on foredeck to lash down dinghy.
- Bauer junior ii dive compressor in lazarette.
- Dive bottle stowage for 2 bottles.
- Lewmar alloy-framed deck hatches - all (except sail locker) hinged at aft end.
- Flush Rondal foredeck hatch with teak deck covering.
- Sliding companionway hatch over aft master cabin.
- Gebo opening hullports.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- 48kg Lewmar CQR anchor and 100m of 12mm ISO rated galvanized chain.
- Spade 30kg (66lb) model 140 secondary anchor.
- Additional 100m (330') 22mm octoplait nylon warp plus 10m (33') 12mm chain.
- Lewmar 3000 electric anchor windlass with foot switch controls
- Warps and fenders.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Stainless steel padded backrest with white vinyl covers at helmsman's seats.
- Stern quarter pushpit seats in teak and stainless steel.
- Sprayhood to main companionway in Sunbrella plus – colour 'silver' – with roll-up window and cover
- Leather at aft edge of sprayhood.
- Bimini in Sunbrella plus – colour 'silver' – with windows below boom lights Covers for cockpit table, pedestals and wheels.
- Liferaft cradle in stainless steel incorporated into pushpit quarter seats.
- Ocean safety ISO 4-person liferafts x 2 each in grp canister with SOLAS b pack. Ecoflex mounted on mast.
- Sea-me radar transponder at masthead, with display at chart table.
- Horseshoe lifebuoy. Jonbuoy.
- Webbing jackstays.
- Raymarine MOB lifetag system with 8 transponders.
- Emergency tiller.
- Raymarine Ray 240E hailer/horn on mast.
- Watertight bulkheads to sail locker and lazarette.
- Ply blanking boards for hatches, stowed in lazarette.
- Safety equipment serviced in accordance with MCA category 2 regulations (2015).
- Various including automatic fire extinguisher in engine room.
- Fire blanket.
- Smoke detector in engine room with remote audible alarm.
- Smoke detectors outside cabin doors.
- Carbon monoxide alarm with sensor and audible alarm in saloon.
- Fire extinguishers, torches and smoke alarms