MUSTIQUE is in great shape; she has been meticulously cared for and much updated by this owner. She offers comfortable, easy sailing and is looking absolutely splendid. Fully equipped to blue water or charter should you wish. This yacht is ready to sail.
During the time in my ownership, I have found MUSTIQUE to be a fast, comfortable and very safe yacht. I have cruised her shorthanded throughout the entire Mediterranean and I have sailed her to the Caribbean and back, and she has never let me down. She provides ample space both above and below decks for guests and wows everyone who steps aboard her. In fact, she never fails to turn heads when we enter a new marina.
MUSTIQUE has her own website to support her charter activity.
Spring 2016 Refit at Berthon
· All running rigging onboard has just been renewed.
· The engine mounts have been replaced.
· Cleaned, serviced and repainted engine room and new lighting installed.
· An additional Mastervolt charger has been installed to service just the navigation batteries - leaving the existing two chargers to service the House bank.
· All onboard lighting has been changed to LED.
· Fuel tanks and piping have been inspected and cleaned.
· Black tank has been cleaned.
· All Vacuflush toilet pumps have been serviced.
· New Jabasco 'dual' fresh water pressure pump fitted.
· Factory rebuild of the Spectra 700 watermaker.
· Bow thruster engine removed, serviced and replaced with new joystick controls installed at binnacle.
· Windlass serviced with a replacement motor set up for redundancy.
· New Raymarine 260 VHF dual station installed.
· New Samsung 'home cinema controller' installed in Saloon.
· Renewal of Cockpit sun canopy fabric with waterproof sunbrella.
· Repainting of lazarette.
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean” (or Cat B – whichever is appropriate)
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
• Dark blue hull gelcoat. Professionally Wrapped in Blue Vinyl (2012).
• Epoxy coated underwater at build.
• Teak side deck and forward coachroof, plus teak in the cockpit.
• Teak decks refurbished 2010.
Keel & Rudder:
• Standard specification with fin keel.
• Due to some movement in skeg, rudder and skeg were rebuilt (2010).
Engine & Gearbox:
• 1 x Yanmar 4LHA-STE 230hp, removed, rebuilt and overhauled 2011.
• Replaced the engine mounts, cleaned, serviced and repainted engine room (2016); new lighting installed.
Maintenance & Performance:
• Engine Hours: 3065 in August 2014.
Propulsion & Steering:
• Steering wheel disengagers (reduce loadings on autopilot drive).
• Dual throttle and bowthruster controls on each pedestal.
• Maxprop propeller with Ambassador rope cutter.
• Side power bowthruster tunnel with handheld remote (Refurbished 2014).
• Bowthruster engine removed, serviced and replaced with new joystick controls installed at binnacle (2016).
• 2 x 220v supplies.
• 8 x AGM 260ah House batteries (new 2015)
• 8 x Sealed Lead Acid 105ah for the navigation bank (New 2015).
• 2 x Sealed Lead Acid 105ah Engine start batteries (New 2015).
• 1 x Sealed Lead Acid Generator start battery (New 2015).
• 2 x Mastervolt 100/24 chargers.
• An additional Mastervolt charger has been installed to service just the navigation batteries - leaving the existing two chargers to service the house bank (2016).
• 1 x 175amp auxiliary engine alternator.
• 220v shore power connection.
• 1 x Onan 13.5kw generator (rebuilt 2010).
• Generator Hours: 5500 hours as of October 2011.
• Galvanic isolator for both shore power connections.
• 1 x Inverter.
• Separate inverter for entertainment system.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
• Pressurised water system with accumulator.
• New Jabsco ‘dual’ fresh water pressure pump fitted (2016).
• Hot water via heat exchanger and 220v immersion.
• 24v Spectra 700 watermaker. Delivers 114 litres an hour. Factory rebuild in Spring 2016.
• There is a central bilge well at keel, and separate wells in the engine room and lazarette, with alarms; all have automatic bilge pumps.
• Main automatic bilge pumps. 2 x 3,500 litres per hour.
• Automatic bilge pumps replaced (2009).
• Manual bilge pump in cockpit with diverter from engine room.
• Total capacity 2000 litres (439 gallons).
• Fuel tanks and piping inspected and cleaned (2016).
• Total capacity 1365 litres (300 gallons).
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
• Total capacity 250 litres.
• 2 x Grey water tanks.
• 1 x Polycarbonate black water tank.
• Pipework to black water tank replaced (2011).
• Blackwater tank for all heads; grey water to all sinks and basins with pump out for black water on deck.
• Blackwater tank cleaned (2016).
• Raymarine Ray 260 dual station VHF installed (2016).
At chart table:
• Digital Raymarine E120 radar/chartplotter (2010).
• Raymarine smart controller (2010).
• McMurdo ICS Nav 6 Navtex (2010).
• Radio Telex weatherman (2010).
• Iridium phone (2010).
• Comar AIS transmitter. Class B (transmit/receive)
• Sea-me radar transponder.
• MES Solid State onboard computer (2010) with wi-fi booster; wi-fi booster throughout yacht.
• Redbox GPRS / Wifi Router.
• Raymarine ST60 wind.
• 2 x Raymarine ST60 graphic.
• Raymarine ST60 speed.
• Raymarine ST60 depth.
• Raymarine ST60 rudder partially renewed 2010.
• Raymarine smart control.
• Raymarine G Series screen (plotter repeater)
• Raymarine E120 radar/chart plotter.
• Interphase forward looking sonar.
• Raymarine ST6001 autopilot (2010) with 2 x repeaters.
• 2 x Interphase forward looking sonar.
• 2 x Raymarine ST70 graphic displays.
• Indesit combination washer/dryer mounted in forward cabin (2010).
• 24v cooling unit to cockpit table drinks storage (2011).
• Bosch dish washer in galley.
• Polar ice maker (2010).
• Panasonic microwave (2010).
• Force 10 electric cooker with 3 burner ceramic hob, grill and oven.
• Full sets of crockery, cutlery and glassware.
• Datum burglar alarm.
• Extractor fan for galley (2010).
• Transom shower, hot and cold supply.
• 3 x Vacuflush electric fresh water heads.
• All Vacuflush WC pumps have been serviced (2016).
Heating & Ventilation:
• Cruisair reverse cycle air conditioning in all cabins and main saloon. Forward cabin shares with twin forward cabin.
• Phillips DVD/Theatre system (2010) linked to computer and television in saloon and aft cabin.
• New Samsung ‘home cinema controller’ installed in saloon (2016).
• 2 x Samsung Smart TV's.
• Mac Mini running the entertainment system onboard, with Apple TV installed in the owner’s stateroom.
• Apple Airport Express.
• Tricolour and all round white light to masthead.
• Spreader Uplights and Downlights (2011).
• All onboard lighting has been changed to LED (2016).
• Remote searchlight on spreader (2010).
• Deck Light.
· 9 berths in 3 cabins and 1 side cabin.
Description of layout from forwards:
Two single berths, fitted to port and starboard. Storage lockers fitted below with additional locker forward between the berth units. Washer/drier fitted in this area. Additional lockers fitted in forward bulkhead at the foot of each berth. Steps fitted to allow access to deck hatch.
Secondary Guest Cabin:
Situated forward of the saloon to starboard. Twin single berths with storage space beneath the lower berth. Hanging locker forward and tallboy chest of drawers, inset into the bulkheads on the inboard side with mirror above. Opening hatch together with topside portlight give light and ventilation.
Situated forward of the saloon on the starboard side. The compartment includes a separate shower stall complete with hinging door. Wash hand basin with mirror and locker space. Vacuflush electric freshwater toilet (serviced 2010). Opening hatch gives light and ventilation.
Private to the primary guest cabin, the compartment includes a separate shower stall complete with hanging door. Wash hand basin with mirror and locker space. Vacuflush electric fresh water toilet (serviced 2010). Opening hatch gives light and ventilation.
Primary Guest Cabin:
Situated forward of the saloon to the port side. Large offset double deck hatch together with topside port light give light and ventilation.
Large C shaped settee to port side with storage space beneath. Extending leaf dining table with decorative veneer tabletop with removable stainless steel fiddles. 2 x Leather covered occasional chairs provide additional seating to starboard side of the table. Built in 2-seater sofa to starboard side with drawer space beneath. Outboard of the settee and sofa are top storage lockers. The furniture outboard of the sofa houses the Manhattan flat screen television and DVD/audio system. Mounted to port is an enclosed CD storage rack. Large fore and aft and forward facing windows plus hull topsides portlights light the saloon area. Opening deck hatches and dorade vents give ventilation, the topsides ports.
• Saloon windows were renewed and resealed (2011).
• Fixed screen renewed and recoated (2011).
Large U-shaped galley one step down from the saloon area. Twin galley sinks integrated into the Avonite galley worktop. Large stainless steel front opening refrigerator with two doors, one to the main refrigerator area with a second door to the chilled wine bottle rack. Stainless steel top opening freezer. Refrigerator and freezer cooled by separate DC powered, water cooled compressors. Gimbaled four burner cooker with oven.
• Hull mounted Cooling plates for both fridge and freezer fitted 2011.
Generous navigation desk with chart storage beneath the lid. Drawer space below chart table. The furniture units incorporate space for navigation displays. Electrical distribution board built into the furniture opposite the chart table area. Wet hanging locker aft of the chart table seat. A comprehensive tool drawer is fitted complete with tools below the navigator’s seat. Door aft to seat. A foldaway sea/occasional berth hinges out from the furniture with additional paper chart stowage in the base. One door provides primary access to the engine room.
Large centreline double berth with deep drawer beneath. Twin curved seats flowing away from the berth with curved fronted lockers above. Generous hanging space to both port and starboard. Drawer and locker units with fiddled tops both port and starboard below hull portlight. Forward bulkhead, a fitted vanity unit with a large electro lift mirror above behind which is mounted the aft cabin Manhattan flat screen television with video sender. Light and ventilation are provided by two opening deck hatches, four opening portlights and two fixed hull portlights.
Owner’s Heads Compartment:
En-suite to the owner’s cabin, the compartment comprises a separate shower stall complete with hinging door. Wash hand basin with mirror and locker space behind. Vacuflush electric freshwater toilet (serviced 2011). There are also two removable engine room access panels.
This compartment is spacious and well planned, giving good access to the main engine, generator, air conditioning units etc. There is a soft spot in the cockpit so that the machinery can be removed if needed.
• Generator and air conditioning units renewed and rebuilt.
• Engine room cleaned, repainted and new sound proofing installed.
Summary of Accommodation
• Full cotton shag pile carpet in light brown colour, fully edge bound throughout.
• Teak interior woodwork.
• Teak soles beneath carpets.
• Interior varnish all restored (2010).
• Refurbished cream leather upholstery.
• Full set of linen for yacht, 3 sets for each bunk.
• Ocean air screens throughout with blackout and fly screens.
• Work area in forward cabin with vice.
• Lee clothes throughout.
• Hatches rebedded 2010.
• Cutter headed keel stepped rig by Seldon with hydraulic in mast furling mainsail, furlex furling yankee to forestay and furlex furling self-taking staysail to inner forestay. All powered by Lewmar Commander power pack.
• White power coated mast and boom.
• Rig has diamond jumpers in addition to running backstays.
• Rig hauled, totally checked, spreader lights fitted and 1 shroud replaced (2010).
• Full rig service (2015) – mast pulled, all rods re-headed, furlers dismantled and serviced, hydraulic vang and backstay rams fully serviced, and mast checked, cleaned and serviced.
• Carbon spinnaker pole and bowsprit by All Spars.
• Spinnaker pole stowed at mast.
• Dyform low stretch stainless steel wire standing rig.
• Padded luff to Yankee.
• Hydraulic Navtex vang and backstay adjuster.
• All running rigging onboard has just been renewed (2016).
• Lewmar 3000 windlass, serviced (2011), with spare unit and hand held remote.
• 2 x 66 S/T electric primaries.
• 2 x 58 S/T manual secondaries.
• 2 x 30 S/T mainsail traveller.
• 2 x 58 S/T electric halyard/mainsheet at companionway.
• All North Sails and Pentax - New August 2013.
• C3 cruising chute torsion stay, which furles (2010).
• In mast furling Part Vertical Battened mainsail (2013).
• Staysail (2013) with self tacker (2005).
• Yankee (2013).
• Storm jib (2010).
• Simpson electric stainless steel davits.
• Nemo passerelle in stainless steel with teak treads.
• Hydraulic transom with remote control.
• Stainless steel dorades with protectors.
• Sea water deck wash.
• Gin and tonic seats and backrests in white vinyl.
• Soft spot in cockpit for engine access.
• Solid stainless steel tube hand rail and hinged gates port and starboard.
• Repaint of lazarette (2016).
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
• 50kg Delta stainless steel anchor.
• Fortress FX55 kedge anchor.
• 130m chain fitted to main anchor with 2 x 50m plus 90m multiplait anchor warp available for kedge.
• Lewmar 3000 windlass (serviced and Motor replaced 2014; further service, with a replacement motor set up for redundancy (2016)), with spare unit and hand held remote.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
• Hide covers to both steering wheels.
• Cockpit cushions (2011), seat bases in white fluted blue vinyl to helm and main cockpit.
• Cockpit cushion backrests to main cockpit. (2011)
• Cockpit table cover.
• Canvas spinnaker pole cover.
• Transom skirt. (2011)
• Boom tent.
• Sprayhood (2010) with stainless steel grab bar.
• Semi permanent 'Soft Top' Bimini over entire cockpit with drop down detachable clear 'skirts'
• Renewal of cockpit sun canopy fabric with waterproof sunbrella (2016).
Tender & Outboard:
• Avon Adventure rib with 50hp outboard (2009) plus cover.
• Custom stainless steel deck mounts on foredeck to take the dinghy during passage.
• 5 year coding renewal (2015) – addition of a new 8-man Ocean Safety liferaft, allowing for coding of 7 sleeping and 12 day cruising.