Unique features of SY ASIA:
- Proven long passage vessel with successful charter business
- Long range (6,250 nm at 8-10 knots) with 12,500 liter fuel capacity
- Solidly built (2009) in New Zealand by Culham Engineering with steel hull and aluminium superstructure
- Spacious interior plan for up to 10 guests and 6 crew
- Luxurious interior finishing with Burmese teak, cream leather sofas, Asian artwork and Thai silks
- Bright salon with large picture windows
- Panoramic 360-degree view from the climate controlled deck salon/ pilothouse
- Spacious, shaded cockpit and large flush teak deck
- Sea-kindly long keel design with excellent sailing performance (Don Brooke)
- Powered by a Gardner 8L3B (0 hour complete rebuild 2009), the Rolls Royce of marine engines
- Smart, state of the art electrical system using large house battery bank, 2x gen-sets and Victron inverter chargers
- Impeccably maintained to pristine standards
- Latest Furuno navigational and Icom communications equipment
- Fully equipped with Scuba equipment for 10 divers
- Lots of water toys included
- ASIA is a turn-key yacht, ready to cruise immediately for private or commercial purposes
ASIA has 5 staterooms for 10 guests and accommodates 6 crew.
Two guest staterooms have king size beds, two can be set up either as twins or with king size beds and the fifth stateroom forward has twin beds. Burmese teak paneling provides a tasteful finish. Beautiful Thai silks add splashes of colour to the stylish interior.
All guest cabins have individual air-con controls, 220V power sockets and LCD screen. There is plenty of storage space in the full length wardrobes and bed side drawers. Each cabin has an ensuite bathroom complete with shower, electric toilet and 220V power socket.
ASIA sports a classic stern shape with an open stern platform to facilitate easy access to the water.
Enter the large shaded cockpit with comfortable, wide sofas on port and starboard side and twin dinner tables, seating 10 guests for al fresco dining.
Forward of the cockpit is the deck salon pilot house which also incorporates the navigation station. Seated in the salon, guests enjoy unique 360 degree panoramic views in a comfortable climate controlled environment.
The main salon is generously proportioned with plush cream leather sofas all round. Burmese teak panelling and cream coloured carpeting create a classic and stylish atmosphere. This area can be set up as a conversation lounge with audio entertainment systems or it can be used for in-door dining. The salon further incorporates a coffee and cocktail bar to starboard and an office facility to port.
Further forward below the main deck to starboard, a spacious, practical galley is finished with brushed stainless steel and black marble. Here, a chef finds all tools and equipment needed to cook up delicious meals, even while on long sea voyages. Galley equipment includes 2 full length fridges and 1 freezer, Fisher Paykel cooktop and oven, Panasonic microwave, trash compactor and a Saeco coffee machine.
Forward of the galley on starboard side is the 5th ensuite guest cabin with twin beds.
To port is the Captain's cabin with comfortable accommodation for two. An additional crew cabin with accommodation for 4 is in the bow area.
At deck level, the teak deck is flush and spacious with room for all guests to luxuriate in sun or shade while enjoying the ultimate sailing experience.
ASIA's experienced, yachting savvy owners have conceptualised the engine room lay-out and machinery to meet their stringent requirements for long range exploration, safety and comfort; they have installed machinery and equipment for their proven reliability and efficiency.
Her main engine is a 260 HP Gardner 8L3B, known in the industry as the Rolls Royce of marine engines.
This particular engine was manufactured by Gardner in the UK in 1967 and completely rebuilt by Gardner specialist Dave Shaw Engineering in New Zealand. Her condition was new and @ zero hours when purchased for ASIA in 2007. She was aligned in the water and first ran on December 15th 2007. All was properly documented and engine logbooks have been accurately kept since.
One of the objectives of the owners was to bunker as little as possible and to be able to select the best value fuel supplier in a particular cruising area. The fuel consumption is 16 L at 750RPM which results in an average cruising speed of 8 knots under engine. This gives her a theoretical approximate range under engine of 6,250 NM.
The propulsion systems is linked to a Dong-I gearbox and a Scan CP-12 variable pitch propeller.
ASIA's electrical power is generated by two gen-sets:
* Cat 20KW single phase generator. Current hours 10,300
* Polar Power 14KW DC generator. Current hours 2,200
* 2x 3KW Balmar alternators on the main engine
* 36x Trojan T 105 batteries @ 1800AH
* Hybrid power system based on energy efficient 3x 3KW Victron Multiplus Inverter/Charger
Most navigational equipment is FURUNO and includes:
- Furuno NavPilot 500 autopilot
- Furuno Nav Pilot 511 autopilot for 2nd station and back up
- Furuno Wind and multi Control
- Furuno NavNet Weatherfax & network sounder
- Furuno NavNet Black Box Radar 72 NM
- Maxsea Commander
- Maretron ships monitoring N2K View
The rig of ASIA has been purposely designed to provide the yacht with a maximum sailing performance in a wide range of weather and wind conditions.
Her spars have been constructed of laminated extrusions by David Lambourne Yacht Rigging of Brisbane, Australia.
AES New Zealand provided full design and load analysis. ASIA's carbon fibre boom is a Park Avenue design which enables easier mainsail handling.
The sail inventory includes:
- Fully battened 12/14Oz Dacron Mainsail @ 180SqM. New Ullman SA with stack pack (July 2014)
- Furling Dacron Genoa 200SqM. Tasker (2009)
- Furling Dacron Staysail 90SqM. Tasker (2009)
The mainsail is set on an Antal bat car system. The genoa and staysail are set on Harken hydraulic Furler systems.
All winches are Antal Electric winches
2x Antal ST 90 / 3 speed / Genoa sheet
2x Antal ST 70 / 2 speed / Mainsheet and main car control
2x Antal ST 70 / 2 speed / Halyards
Diving equipment is on board and includes:
- 10x Scubapro BCDs with emergency sausages
- 15x Alu dive tanks in service
- 10x Scuba rigs with Primary, Octopus, SPG and depth gauge
- 10x weight belts with 40-50 kg dive weights
- 12x short wetsuits different sizes
- 16x fins, different sizes
- 10x full face masks, black silicone
- 1x Dan emergency oxygen breathing kit
- 2x Medical oxygen cylinders
- 1x Bauer Junior Dive Compressor
- Custom built tank storage rack and filling station for 4 tanks at a time.
ASIA’s seasoned and professional owners confirm that, whilst the yacht is being listed for sale, ASIA is also committed to continued successful charter months in Komodo, Raja Ampat and the Andaman Sea.
Charter enquiries are welcome and can be directed to Northrop and Johnson under a Co-Central Agency charter agreement.
Contact sale: Bart Kimman. email@example.com
Contact charter: Lies Sol, firstname.lastname@example.org