Access is via the pilothouse with port and starboard sliding doors. The pilothouse has a helm station forward to port , a settee aft of the helm has a fold-down table at its aft end. A narrow settee to starboard can pull out into a berth. Engine access is under the pilothouse sole.
Down and aft is the master cabin. A large double berth runs athwart-ships and a diesel heat stove is forward. An en-suite head is forward on the port. There are large opening ports to provide ventilation.
Down and forward from the pilothouse is the salon with the galley to port with pilot berths outboard and settees inboard there is a varnished teak drop leaf table on the center-line. Forward of the salon is an enclosed head with sink and shower. All of the way forward is the chain locker.
The L shaped galley is aft and port in the salon. It features a stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressure water, Force 10 stainless steel four burner propane stove and oven, microwave and ample storage in drawers, lockers and counter-tops. Opposite on starboard is the top loading two box fridge and freezer with a 110 volt chill plate refrigeration system. The refrigeration is currently non-operational due to a coolant leak.
The hull is made of 1-5/8" old growth Burmese teak planks bronze screw fastened on double sawn 4"X4" Ipol frames on 16" centers. The deck is 1-1/4" teak on ipol frames.
During the rebuild in the mid 1990s the hull and deck were completely refurbished including but not limited to: New engine, new mast, rebuilding the transom, refastening the entire hull with silicon bronze screws, recaulking the teak decks, removing and rebedding all deck and hull hardware, all new thru-hulls and seacocks.
- 66 pound Bruce primary anchor with 350' 3/8" chain rode
- 24 volt electric windlass
- Window, hatch, trailboard, transom canvas covers
- Full boat cover
- Coast Guard safety package
- Teak decks
- Fenders and mooring lines
- Spreader lights
- Boarding ladder
- 10 life jackets
- Dinghy davits
- Quicksilver 9' inflatable and 4HP Mercury two stroke outboard
A new mainmast and topmast were installed in 1996 with all new standing rigging. Sails are dacron with bolt ropes, most by Port Townsend Sails.
- Box section wood mainmast stepped on keel
- Box section mizzen mast
- 7X9 galvanized wire standing rigging, parceled and served.
- Lanyard and deadeye rigging
- Profurl roller furler for headstay
- Mizzen running backstays
- Fife rails and pin rails
- Main course (square sail0
- Square tops'l
- Main stays'l with jib boom
- Mizzen stays'l
The Perkins 4-236 85HP motor was installed new in 1994 and currently has 530 hours.
- Engine compartment blower
- Two electric bilge pumps, two manual bilge pumps
- High water alarm
- Engine alarm
- Fresh water cooling on engine
- Handheld fire extinguishers
- Two electric heads with holding tank discharge
- 40 gallon holding tank has deck pump-out and macerator overboard discharge
- Hydraulic wheel steering
- Vetus 7HP bow thruster
- 24' three blade bronze propeller
- Dickerson diesel heater
Ready to sail today, "Miraka" is a irreplaceable piece of nautical history in superb condition. She comes with tons of spare, rigging, lines, blocks, etc. Included in the sale is the website that documents the vessel and it's rebuild.