BOADICEA’s open-plan interior is built in classic Herreshoff style with Antique White bulkheads and gloss-varnished cherry joinery and painted wood overhead. Cabin sides are satin varnished cherry. In addition to opening hatches and dorade vents, BOADICEA is fully air conditioned. Headroom is 6’-2”. Morris Yachts has boiled down the entertaining mission of the M42 to “six guests for sailing and a picnic, four for dinner below and two for overnighting.”
Just inside the companionway to starboard is the U-shaped galley. Galley features include:
- Force 10 two-burner gimballed propane stove
- Isotherm top-loading 12VDC refrigerator with stainless steel liner and removable shelves
- Polished stainless steel sink with chrome single-lever mixer faucet
- Hot & cold pressure water
- “Bone” Corian countertop
- Storage drawers and cabinets
- Garbage bin
- (2) Scandvik adjustable rod lights and (1) dome light
- Basic dishes
A spacious head with shower, convenient to the cockpit, is opposite the galley on the port side. Head features include:
- Tecma electric macerating toilet
- Varnished cherry countertop
- Polished stainless steel sink with single-lever faucet
- Hot & cold pressurized water
- Wall-mounted showerhead
- Laminate (stowable) shower enclosure partition, shower sump pump
- Glass mirror with frame
- Overhead hatch
- Scandvik adjustable rod light above mirror and (1) dome light
- Vanity compartment/drawer storage
- Trash bin under sink
A hanging locker is located forward of the head, a perfect place to store outerwear.
Two full-length settees with “Devon” UltraSuede upholstery, to port and starboard, face a cherry drop-leaf table, with liquor storage beneath, which comfortably accommodates four for dining. A modern “butterfly-style” hatch above and eight fixed portlights provide great natural light and ventilation. Twin end tables, with storage below and lockers with shelves outboard, are built in at the forward end of the settees. There are storage lockers located outboard at the forward and aft ends of the settees, and two large drop fronts allow access to space under the queen berth. Alcoves between the upper lockers provide storage space for books etc. Chelsea clock and barometer.
BOADICEA sleeps four on two settee berths and one queen-sized berth. The owner’s berth is forward with full-length shelves on either side. Two dorades and a large overhead hatch provide great ventilation and an opportunity to stargaze.
- Alpine AM/FM Stereo with CD player and 6” speakers in the main cabin
- Fusion MS IP600 digital media receiver w iPod dock (satellite ready) and speakers in main cabin
- Alpine waterproof 6” cockpit speakers
BOADICEA, Hull #22, is in like-new condition and is available for far less than replacement cost.