RCD Status: Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) as she was built and placed into use within the EU prior to 1998.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
· White gelcoat with red hull and coaming stripes.
· The hull is of single skin construction using glass/Aramid hybrid fibre reinforced vinylester laminate. Structural bulkheads are foam sandwich construction.
· Hull stiffening flanges are unidirectional layers over foam cores.
· Underwater surfaces in un-pigmented gelcoat, treated with epoxy coating prior to antifouling type Trilux 33.
· All through-hull skin fittings below the waterline close flush with the hull.
· Seacock inlays renewed 2012.
· Deck in white gelcoat with red painted coaming stripe.
· New Teak decks in 2008 laid on sides, bridge deck, cockpit soles and forward cockpit seats.
· Nonskid surfaces on remaining deck areas all newly repainted in 2012.
· Small teak toe rails each side of foredeck to comply with ORC regulations.
Keel & Rudder:
· Special racing keel of lead with high antimony content, heat treated to eliminate shrinkage and voids.
· The keel was weighed and templated to confirm minimal tolerances prior to installation.
· Composite rudder stock, rudder blade and quadrant with flexible upper and lower rudder bearings.
· Upper rudder bearing sealing new in 2010.
Engine & Gearboxes:
· 1 x Yanmar 4JH2-UTBE 125 hp with 3.3:1 reduction gear (new in 2009) driving conventional shaft, supported by stainless steel P-bracket. Engine beds are GRP.
· The engine throttle control lever is recess mounted in the aft cockpit with a rev counter – combi repeater for engine monitoring.
· The engine room is spacious providing standing headroom and good access to machinery and systems.
Maintenance & Performance:
· All machinery has been serviced in accordance with the manufacturers’ suggested regime.
Propulsion & Steering:
· Hull window for inspection of propeller.
· Angled teak foot blocks for helmsman and mainsheet grinder.
· Twin lightweight steering wheels on lightweight pedestals each with top mounted 5” Suunto compasses.
· 3-blade foldable Max-Prop propeller new in 2007.
· Two engine start positions (main panel down below at chart table).
· Emergency tiller.
· SIMRAD CX44 chart plotter, new in 2009, software updated 2012.
· Furuno GPS, GP-32 updated 2012.
· B & G FFD Hercules 2000.
· B & G FFD H3000.
· B & G processor updated to H3000 is now suitable for Deckman (2012).
· B & G 690 System updated to H3000 in 2012.
· FFD repeater each side of main companionway
· 2 x 20/20 large single display repeaters and 3 x FFDs aft-facing, mounted on forward side of bridge deck.
· 2 x FFDs mounted port and starboard on pushpit, primarily as readouts for Grand Prix load pin at base of forestay (new in 2011), but also useful for the tactician/navigator.
· 3 x 20/20s on aft side of mast with control buttons for 2 in aft cockpit.
· Carbon vertical masthead unit for B & G vane at masthead (serviced in 2010).
· B&G auto pilot installed 2000.
· Double stainless galley sinks.
· 3-burner Alpes-Inox stainless cooker with oven.
· Fridge/freezer with control systems so that they can operate as two refrigerators and with 24V system (new extra cooling system in 2012) to use under sailing mode.
· Iceberg engine driven compressor for fridge/freezer (serviced 2010).
· Shower fitted with an overhead shower rose and mixer tap.
· The WC is a Jabsco manual (2011), large, almost unused.
Heating & Ventilation:
· Eberspächer heating system in all cabins in 2006.
· Becker Radio with Bose loudspeakers (cockpit and saloon) incl. subwoofer have been installed in 2006.
· 24 volt 2-pole system for all lighting.
· All overhead lights are halogen, including bunk reading lights.
· Red night lights are standard.
Summary of Accommodation:
· All joinery is made of foam core with teak veneer, wherever practical.
· All floorboards are aluminium honeycomb core with teak/holly veneer.
· Headliners are off-white vinyl on lightweight support boarding covering all under-deck areas except in the forepeak.
· Goiot Cristal type hinged deck hatches to aft cabin, saloon and area forward of saloon.
· Goiot port lights in coach roof sides x 6.
· Goiot port lights x 2 in forward face of aft cockpit into aft cabin.
· Nautor standard sliding main companionway hatch
· Nautor under-deck sliding fore hatch, lightweight.
Description of layout:
The aft cabin is very spacious with a double berth to port and a single berth to starboard. Between the two is a settee. To port forward is a large hanging locker. To starboard forward is the door into the shower stall which leads directly into the head compartment with basin, toilet (type Jabsco new in 2011) and stowage lockers. The head has a second door leading into the passage to the saloon.
This arrangement provides good flexibility – the head/shower can either be private to the aft cabin or accessed from forward.
Moving forward the door to the walk-in engine room is on the port side of the passageway with the oilskin locker to starboard. There is a hanging area for drying oilskins.
The navigation area/chart table is immediately forward of the oilskin locker, and comprises a panel with recessed electronics flanked by a bookshelf and locker.
The large galley is to port, fully equipped. Numerous stowage drawers and lockers.
The main saloon has U-shaped seating to port around the lightweight table which has a composite table base sheathed in teak veneer. Both the table top and base are easily removable to provide unimpaired central sail stowage when racing. To starboard there is a full length settee and a drinks locker. Outboard on both sides the hull sides are lined with teak slats onto which are mounted hinged pipecots. These are removable for day racing.
Forward of the saloon are two guest cabins each with fixed lower berths and hinged pipecots above. The port guest cabin is fully enclosed while the starboard guest cabin provides access through to the forepeak.
The forepeak is a large open area for sail stowage when not racing. The flooring is lightweight with non-skid paint and the hull sides and underside of deck are white gelcoat painted. In 2010 the starboard stringer has been new laminated to hull and new painted. And two additional new stringer have been laminated to hull to get more stiffness in the bow section.
There are blue canvas covers to protect the upholstery when racing. Additionally there are fitted blue canvas mats throughout the boat to protect the teak and holly cabin sole flooring and the table.
· 7/8 fractional carbon fibre main mast with carbon fibre spreaders – new in 1995 by Omohundro.
· Mast repair at partners by Formula spars 2001.
· Navtec discontinuous stainless steel standing rigging for forestay, vertical and diagonal shrouds and jumpers and check stays, new 2002.
· PBO backstay 2002
· New runners in 2010.
· New mast configuration includes higher hoist halyards to improve rating.
· Forestay fitted with Tuff-Luff 4807 twin groove foil.
· T300 carbon fibre main boom with three reef lines and internal lightweight hydraulic cylinder for adjustment of main outhaul.
· 2002 - T300 carbon fibre spinnaker pole with Sparcraft end fittings, including swivel type for outboard end and spare aluminium spinnaker pole and two jockey poles one carbon / one alloy.
· Removable T-tang baby stay for delivery sailing.
· Antal main sail mast track fitted for bolt rope and sail cars (2006) incl. 1 extra set of cars.
· Complete aluminium spare rig incl. boom, spi pole, jockey pole, rod rig of carbon mast can be used for this mast.
· All deck hardware Lewmar Ocean Racing range with low friction blocks, roller bearing genoa cars, lead blocks and deck jammers.
· Mainsheet track and car Lewmar system with 2:1 traveller line purchase new in 2009.
· 2 x Navtec hydraulic under-deck systems for under-load adjustment of genoa cars (serviced in 2011, incl. new trimming line), new extra set of genoa cars in 2008.
· In 2011 / 2012 all deck trimming line, running rigging and halyards renewed.
· Have been serviced every year due to winter maintenance.
· Navtec System VII five function lightweight control panel flush mounted on the starboard side at the forward end of the aft cockpit. This panel operates all the hydraulic functions – backstay, boom vang, outhaul, Cunningham and check stays – except the two individual car puller controls.
· There are two boom vang quick release buttons located each side of the aft cockpit.
· Hydraulic boom vang, Navtec A850-VC-023 cylinder - upgraded to large size all seals replaced in 2010.
· Hydraulic outhaul adjuster, Navtec A250-LE-010 cylinder.
· Hydraulic backstay adjuster, Navtec A250-FE-010 cylinder, mounted inside the transom.
· Hydraulic car pullers, 2 x Navtec A300-LNG-01 panels with A250-LE-010 cylinders.
· Hydraulic mast jack – independent Enerpac unit – seals replaced 2010.
· All winches have been serviced every year due to winter maintenance.
· Primary winches, 2 x Lewmar 88/3-speed AOR GY AL (new 1998) linked to composite pedestal with double grip handles, mounted in forward cockpit.
· Secondary winches, 2 x Lewmar 66 AST with modified gearing.
· Runner winches, 2 x Lewmar 80 AST OR GY AL (new 1998).
· Mainsheet winch, Lewmar 900/3 AST linked to composite pedestal with single grip handles, mounted in aft cockpit.
· Mainsheet traveller winches, 2 x Lewmar 50 AST.
· Main halyard winch, Lewmar 54 AST.
· Genoa and spinnaker halyard winches, 2 x Lewmar 54 AST.
· Topping lift/foreguy/reef line winch, Lewmar 54 AST with deck jammer for topping lift and foreguy.
· Spinnaker halyard winch, Lewmar 54 AST.
· 0.7oz, Neil Pryde, AD spinnaker 1994.
· 1.5oz, Neil Pryde, AD spinnaker 1998.
· No 3 ‘Delivery’, Kevlar north.
· Jib top, North, 1994.
· Delivery main, North, 2000.
· Storm Sails, North, 1994.
· ½ oz AP asymmetric high hoist spinnaker, North, 2001.
· 0.5oz Fractional spinnaker, North, 1994.
· 0.6oz Fractional spinnaker, North, 1997.
· 0.8oz Fractional reacher, North, 1995.
· No 3 3DL, 1997.
· ½ oz spinnaker AP high hoist, 2000.
· Mainsail 3DL, 1998.
· Mainsail 3DL, 2000.
· No 3 3DL, 2000.
· No 1 medium 3DL, 2000.
· No 1 light 3DL, 2000.
· No 1 heavy 3DL, 2002.
· No 1 light 3DL, 2002.
· No 3 3DL 2002.
· No 4 panel Kevlar, 1998.
· Mainsail, 2002.
· ¾ oz symmetrical spinnaker higher hoist, 2002.
· 2.2 oz fractional spinnaker 2001.
· New cruising/racing mainsail, 2009.
· Mylar/Kevlar panel, reefable.
· New genoa 5, 2009.
· New main sail for racing, Quantum, 2012.
· New genoa 1 for racing, Quantum, 2012.
· New genoa 3 for racing, Quantum, 2011.
· Forward stanchions with roller wheels built in to fork eyes on top of stanchion.
· 1 x Gas bottle.
· Transport cradle based on 20ft container rack, revarnished white in 2006.
· Boarding ladder unused.
· Cockpit table unused.
· Aluminium Passerelle.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
· Removable anchor windlass mounted on deck with watertight cover plate and quick fit cable connections. This has never been mounted or used.
· Removable lightweight forward mooring cleat with screw-in deck attachment.
· Removable bow fairlead with roller with removable anchor clamp.
· 60 lb CQR anchor, 8m of 10mm chain, 60m of 22 diameter rope.
· Fortress FX85 20 kilo anchor.
· 4 x Mooring lines new in 2010.
· 6 x Fenders.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
· Canvas storm cover for fore hatch.
· Detachable electrical fog horn.
· 1 x Horseshoe with drogue, MOB light.
· 3 x 2kg Fire extinguishers in galley, nav station and engine space.
· Fire blanket in galley.