This Frers-designed Swan 77 deftly combines superb sailing performance with a luxurious and versatile five-stateroom layout typically found on much larger yachts. In the past several years, LA FORZA DEL DESTINO has benefited greatly from an extensive list of upgrades including NEW engine (2016), hull paint, new teak decks, all new mast, boom, rigging, sails (2016) and canvas; new hydraulic pumps (2017), generator, electrical components, engine gearbox, heads, AC units, most electronics, entertainment system, dinghy, interior fabrics and much more. She is in excellent condition, equipped and ready to go for private use, chartering or racing, and is now offered for sale due to owner’s desire to acquire a larger yacht.
LA FORZA DEL DESTINO features three comfortable owner/guest staterooms, each with ensuite head and shower, plus separate crew quarters forward with head and shower and lounge area. There is another cabin aft of the salon to starboard that can be used for either additional guests or crew depending on individual needs, providing great flexibility between charter and private use.The galley is forward of the salon and can be closed off for additional privacy if desired. The interior is richly finished in satin teak with teak and holly cabin soles. All interior fabrics and mattresses were replaced in 2012, further enhancing the beautiful condition throughout.
Starting aft, the full-width owner’s stateroom was modified to provide a rare centerline queen berth with settees on each side and a writing desk. There is an abundance of storage space including two hanging lockers, and lots of light and ventilation via opening portholes and a large hatch. The owner’s ensuite head has many nice details including Corian counters with flush sink, linen storage and roomy stall shower.
Outboard of the starboard side passageway leading forward to the salon is a third smaller guest cabin that can also be used as a private skipper’s cabin. There are over/under berths, a hanging locker and good storage space with private access to a head/shower that can also be used as a day head with separate access from the salon.The nav station is further forward to starboard with seat, chart table and a full array of instrumentation. Ship’s electrical switch panels and engine room access are along the inboard side of the passageway.
To port of the companionway and aft of the salon is one of two primary guest cabins with double lower berth and folding upper Pullman berth. There is generous storage space with a hanging locker, drawers and several lockers, plus a desk/vanity. In addition, there is a private ensuite head with separate shower stall.The second guest cabin is forward of the main salon to port, also with a double lower berth and folding upper Pullman berth. Storage space includes a hanging locker, drawers and several lockers, plus a vanity. A private ensuite head with separate shower stall is forward.
The main salon is highlighted by fixed hull ports on each side, which are a significant enhancement to this area compared to most other Swans. To starboard is a curved settee with seating for eight and a powered up/down dining table that can be converted to a coffee table. To port is a settee with two armchairs and a coffee table. There is also an updated entertainment center, bar with icemaker and customized storage for china, glassware and other items.
Forward of the galley are the crew quarters with two single berths and a settee and dining table that converts to a double berth. There is a private head and shower forward.
The galley is forward of the main salon to starboard and has proven to be an excellent sea galley with all of the comforts of home. This area, as well as the adjoining crew cabin, can also be closed off for privacy when desired. Features and equipment include:
- Corian counter tops and stainless locker faces (both new 2015) with (2) deep stainless steel sinks
- Broadwater (4) burner stove/oven with broiler
- Samsung microwave oven (2015)
- Miele dishwasher
- Bosch Maxx clothes washer
- Arthur Martin dryer (aft passageway)
- U-Line icemaker (salon – new 2011)
- Meile electric cook top
- Insinkerator garbage disposal
- Large capacity refrigerator and freezer compartments, 220 volt system
- Additional 24 volt refrigerator below cabin sole (2015)
The electrical system is 220 volt, 50 cycle AC with 24 volt DC.
- (2) 50 amp shore power inlets – one dedicated to air conditioning
- Northern Lights 20 kW generator (2011) (7,130 hours as of July, 2017) with hydraulic PTO. New injectors (2015), new starter (2015), new water pump (2017)
- Victron Atlas 750 watt/110 volt inverter (2011) to power limited 110 volt outlets
- Victron Atlas 3000 watt/220 volt inverter (2011)
- 6 KvA, 50 Hz Isolation transformer
- Independent engine and generator start batteries
- (2) 100 amp Mastervolt battery chargers (one new, 2017)
- Mastervolt battery charger for engine start battery
- Victron battery charger for genset battery
The owner's personal effects are excluded from the sale.