COUP D’ETAT is virtually a new custom boat fitted with the best equipment available and ready to race to Bermuda or cruise offshore. Her current owner undertook a massive and comprehensive open checkbook refit/rebuild at Warren Pond Boatworks, Maine, from 2/2009-6/2011 and which then continued at Dutch Wharf, Branford, CT, during winter 2012/13. During this refit, nothing was left untouched. All electrical, plumbing, mechanical, heating, refrigeration, lighting, sanitation, electronics, pulpits and stanchions, sail inventory, rig, rigging, winches, hardware, exterior teak and cosmetics were replaced. She was stripped down to a bare hull and her entire interior gutted and a custom 'wooden yacht interior' installed. Her refit process was thoroughly documented. She is set up for short-handed or crewed competitive racing with her tall carbon rig and impressive sail inventory.
She has an impeccable McCurdy Rhodes/Paul Luke pedigree. Those who view her will not only be impressed by her pristine condition, but will recognize her as a near sistership to the famous ocean racer, CARINA. Commissioned in 1970 shortly after CARINA, she is 18" shorter with a similar waterline but fitted out to be more easily raced or cruised short-handed and in greater comfort. Her IRC, OOR and PHRF ratings make her highly competitive. A recent survey pegs her market value at $500,000 with a replacement value of $1.5M; she is an incredible turnkey value at her current asking price.
Owner will consider owner financing.
COUP D’ETAT’s interior is simply gorgeous featuring white bulkheads with raised paneling, ash teak overhead and fine joinery throughout. One feels as if he is in the cabin of a classic wooden boat when below. In 2011 COUP D’ETAT’s entire interior was removed/gutted and replaced new at Warren Pond Boatworks in South Berwick, ME.
The interior is well set up for family cruising or offshore racing. There are plenty of sea berths, a large head, functional galley, full navigation station, large table in the main salon and a private stateroom with V-berth forward. Plenty of storage is found throughout the vessel’s interior.
- (2011) Webasto diesel heating system
- (2011) High density foam / Sunbrella & Ultraleather covered upholstery
- (2012) Custom Warren Pond Boatworks salon table
The head is located in the most aft section of the port side of the interior. There is a large vanity area with mirror and sink outboard. Head is located in the aftermost part.
- (2011) Raritan electric flush head (fresh or salt)
- (2011) Jabsco 12V DC pump
- (2011) SeaLand system holding tank
The galley is located forward of the head on the port side of the vessel.
- (2011) Force 10 3-burner propane stove / oven
- (2011) Sea Frost marine refrigeration
- (2011) Trident Marine LP gas detection system
- (2011) Hot & cold pressurized fresh water system
- (2011) Stainless steel sink
Main Salon :
Main salon is located mid ship.
- (2012) Warren Pond Boatworks custom table
- (2011) Upper pilot berths on port and starboard side
- (2011) Settees port and starboard
Forward Cabin :
Private stateroom with large V-berth and vanity/sink is located forward of main salon.
Cabinets, hanging lockers, and sliding drawers for ample storage
Vanity with fresh water pressurized hot/cold sink
The Navigation station is located across from the galley and forward of the quarterberth with lee board.
There is a custom “Thos. Moser” swivel chair that faces aft and desk. Outboard is the full electrical panel.
All of the electronics onboard are 2011 unless otherwise noted.
- ICOM 604 VHF (at nav station and pedestal)
- B&G Broadband Radar (at pedestal)
- B&G Zeus 8” color chartplotter/ GPS (at pedestal)
- B&G AIS-B
- NKE Depth
- (2012)USB port for nav. instruments (at nav station)
- NKE gyropilot autopilot (nav station and pedestal)
- (2) NKE performance display at companionway
- NKE wind, speed, depth at companionway
- (2012) Ultrasonic speedo paddlewheel
- (2012) NKE & B&G electronics all integrated
- (2013) Navico/B&G AIS-B
The entire electrical system was replaced in 2011. New Blue Seas electrical panel. All wiring replaced with copper wire and cable.
- (2) Banks of (2) 6V Lifeline batteries for 12V DC system
- 12V Lifeline battery for engine
- 100AMP Beta 12V DC alternator
- All interior / exterior lighting is IMTRA LED lighting
- Lewmar 12V DC anchor windlass with wireless remote
COUP D’ETAT has a large and powerful carbon rig which makes her stand out against most any racer/cruiser of her size. She was optimized for short-handed performance in the typical wind conditions of New England and Long Island Sound. Replacement of her original aluminum rig with a Hall carbon mast resulted in shedding nearly 1000 pounds aloft and the ability to use smaller headsails.
- (2005) Hall Carbon fiber triple-spreader main mast
- (2011) Hall aluminum boom with internal outhaul, three reefs and dedicated Spinlock XTC clutches
- (2011) Hall boom vang
- (2011) Custom G10 mast step
- (2011) Rod standing rigging
- (2011) Harken mainsheet traveler
- (2011) Aluminum genoa tracks
- (2011) All new running rigging
- (2011) (3) Spinlock XTC triple mast mounted halyard clutches
- (2011) (1) Spinlock XTC single mast mounted halyard clutch
- (2012) Carbon fiber retractable whisker pole (15-24’)
- (2012) Harken spinnaker pole car and toggle
- (2013) All stainless hardware re-bedded
- (2011) Navtec hydraulic adjustable backstay trimmer
- (2011) Edson radar mast
- (2011) Harken headsail roller furling system
- (2013) (2) Harken 70 ST primaries
- (2013) (1) Harken 44 ST reef
- (2011) (2) Harken 46 secondaries
- (2011) (2) Harken 46 at mast
- (2012) Technora carbon fiber fully battened mainsail with lazy jack system
- (2012) Technora 92% carbon fiber jib
- (2012) UK 96% #3 headsail
- (2012) Doyle 120% #2 HydraNet cruising sail
- (2012) UK 135% #1 headsail
- (2012) Doyle HydraNet inner forestay sail
- (2012) (1) North Asymmetrical sail with ATN sock
COUP D’ETAT has a strong aluminum hull with longitudinal aluminum flat bar stringers welded intermittently with heavier transverse side and web framing at bilges. Forward on the bow is a large rope locker with access to interior V-berth via hinged teak doors.
- (2011) Awlgrip/Awlcraft “Carinthia Blue” painted topsides with white boot stripe
- (2011) Awlgrip/Awlcraft “Whisper Gray” painted decks
- (2012) New epoxy bottom
- (2011) (3) Bomar hatches
- Welded toe rail
- Cast aluminum cleats
- (2011) Stainless steel wire life lines (double throughout)
- (2011) (7) Stainless steel opening ports
- (2011) Hand held fresh water hot/cold pressured shower in cockpit
Owner’s personal effects are excluded from the sale.