The Discovery 67 is a phenomenon, the largest of the Discovery fleet, she was designed and built for serious passage making in the utmost comfort. Her sweet lines were drawn by Ron Holland and she is beautifully crafted by Discovery Yachts. MORE MAGIC was built for skippered use and has a great forward layout with 3 generous cabins for guests, a crew cabin and a great owner’s cabin. One of the features of the yacht is her enormous main saloon which is a proper deck saloon offering panoramic vision. The cockpit is large and well-proportioned and the twin wheel arrangement makes handling and access very easy. As with her smaller sister the Discovery 55’ she comes with a rig plan that it both easy to manage and which gives her excellent performance. The Discovery 67’ comes with a myriad of detailing that ensures that sailing her distance is enjoyable and enormously comfortable. The cockpit is a massive statement for this yacht, with seating for 8 around the beautiful varnished table.
RCD Status: The yacht comes supplied with CE certification to prove that it conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
Completed to meet MCA Category 2 specification to meet coding for 60 miles offshore. Includes metal through hull fittings in engine room, upgraded pipe work in engine room, upgraded sea water chest and upgraded sea water strainers.
· Composite construction with end grain balsa core providing strength, thermal insulation and acoustic insulation but keeping the weight down which adds performance.
· Layer of Kevlar massively adding to the hull strength.
· Non-pigmented gel is used below the waterline to help prevent osmosis.
· Vinylester resins are used throughout for added strength and osmosis prevention.
· 3 x Layers of epoxy as a barrier against moisture ingress.
· All new anti-fouling, anodes etc. (2014).
· Hull moulding painted in navy blue with white boot top; silver caveta line (Awlcraft 2000 - Navy Blue); all new topsides AWL Grip blue (2014).
· Composite construction with end grain balsa core providing strength, thermal insulation and acoustic insulation.
· Marine ply and stainless steel is used in all load bearing areas for added strength.
· White gel coat.
· Teak capping rail and decks.
· Joined to the hull with epoxy paste and stainless bolts for security and strength.
· All bulkheads are laminated into the deck for strength and stiffness.
· Decks were sanded (2014).
Keel & Rudder:
· 13,200kg (29,400lb) performance shaped lead keel with 3% antimony hardening provides a ballast ratio of 39%.
· Semi balanced large kevlar reinforced rudder.
Engine & Gearboxes:
· 1 x Yanmar 4LHA 180hp diesel engine with ZF gearbox ratio of 3.03:1.
· Full walk in engine room.
· Scavenge pipe fitted to engine.
Maintenance & Performance:
· Cruising Speed: 8 knots.
· Main engine overhaul (2014) - regular service.
Propulsion & Steering:
· Twin steering pedestals; aluminium wheels.
· Single lever engine controls at both cockpit pedestals.
· Three blade 28” Gori folding propeller.
· Maxpower 24v 15hp bow thruster; dual controls.
· Tube steering (Jefa system).
· Alloy leather bound wheel.
· Oversized autopilot motor.
· Emergency steering tiller.
· Spurs rope cutter.
· The prop shaft was pulled and all bearings (cutlass and shaft) replaced. The prop had a service and new bumpers and prop speed was applied (2014).
· 24v system.
· 110v sockets fitted around the yacht, including 2 x sockets in each cabin and 4 x in saloon.
· 2 x 110v Additional sockets fitted in the galley.
· 12v socket fitted in each helm pedestal.
· 12 x AGM Batteries for house providing 600 amp/hour at 24v.
· 1 x 120 amp/hour start battery for engine.
· 1 x 120 amp/hour start battery for generator.
· House battery charging via shore power, or onboard generator, or 110 amp/hour alternator on main engine.
· 2 x Victron Energy Quattro 5000W inverter/120amp charger units for 230v and domestic battery charging.
· 60amp/hour alternator for the engine start battery.
· 110amp/hour alternator for charging the main house batteries, plus running the aircon and watermaker.
· 13.5kva Onan generator (installation involved engine room re-design).
· Scavenge pipe fitted to generator.
· Full rebuild of generator (2014) - A complete overhaul and valve job. This should extend the generator’s life for at least another 10000 hours.
· 230v/50Hz Shore power.
· 30 amp shore power cable.
· Marine grade tinned cabling is used throughout.
· 3kW Inverter providing 230v/50Hz.
· Isolation transformer fitted 32amp 220 to 220v.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
· 75 litre insulated calorifier with immersion heater.
· Pressurised hot and cold fresh water system.
· Pressurised sea water for heads.
· Pressurised fresh water for deck wash system.
· Seafresh water maker 95 litres per hour.
· Bilge pump handle.
· Total fuel capacity of 1,800 litres (395 gallons) in 2 x high density polyethylene tanks.
· 2 x Racor filters; pre-engine and genset.
· Genset runs off port side tank only; movement of fuel from tank to tank accomplished by fuel return plus operation valves.
· Total water capacity of 1,400 litres (307 gallons) in 2 x high density polyethylene tanks.
· Rain watcher catcher included for the starboard water tank.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
· Black water holding tanks for all four heads with tank gauge.
· 2 x 6kg Propane gas bottle and regulator.
· Gas supply and bayonet fitting for barbeque.
· Sea-Me radar reflector (active, top of mast).
· Radar reflector (passive, on mast).
Sailing Instruments and Communications:
· 1 x ST70 multifunctional display fitted to both pedestals.
· 2 x ST70 multifunctional displays fitted starboard side forward cockpit.
· 2 x Raymarine P70 pilot controller fitted to both pedestals.
· 1 x ST70 fitted at navigation table.
· 1 x Raymarine STX-30 course computer.
· 2 x Raymarine Smart Pilot Controller – handheld wireless remote autopilot.
· 2 x Icom 505 multi-channel VHF with DSC (1 x EU and 1 x USA).
· 1 x Second station Icom Commander III VHF cockpit hand set.
· 1 x Icom 801 SSB including antenna tuning unit; backstay upgraded with isolators for aerial.
Chart Plotter and Radar:
· 1 x C90 Raymarine chart plotter fitted to port pedestal.
· 1 x C90 Raymarine chart plotter fitted to starboard pedestal.
· 1 x 4kW scanner fitted on the mast.
· 1 x Raymarine Raystar 125 GPS antenna.
· 1 x Stand alone Garmin 152 GPS with external antenna.
Communications and Weather:
· 1 x CF220 Digital Yacht PC (160gb URD Serial Port N Video and 1GB Win XP Pro) including PC screen fitted at navigation desk, PC screen to repeat starboard E80, includes anti virus software.
· 2 x PC screens fitted at navigation desk, on lift up panel.
· 1 x Small colour printer fitted.
· 1 x External wi-fi antenna fitted on the transom antenna.
· 1 x KVH FB250 fleet broadband system installed, ioncluding upgrade to aft antenna mast (Fleet 55/Inmarsat C alternative).
· Iridium satellite telephone; not fitted.
· 1 x Furuno Navtex fitted at navigation desk.
· 1 x AIT250 AIS Class B AIS transponder.
· 1 x Raymarine AIS 500 send and receive.
· Zanussi washer/dryer ZWD16270W1.
· Stainless steel gas fired Sovereign BBQ (on deck).
· Stainless steel self-contained 24v fridge unit (300 litres).
· Stainless steel self-contained 23v freezer unit (170 litres).
· GN Espace 4-burner cooker. US size.
· Double sink.
· Carbon water filter fitted for sink tap.
· 230v Microwave.
· Uline SP18B Icemaker fitted in saloon seating.
· 230v cooker extractor hood.
· Fisher & Paykel single drawer dishwasher.
· Hot/cold freshwater shower on aft deck to wash down after swim.
· 4 x Electric Tecma heads that use either fresh or salt water to flush.
· Thermostatic mixer by Grohe, shower head and rail part installed in forward (port and starboard) and aft ensuite heads compartment. Standard fittings in day heads.
Heating & Ventilation:
· Air-conditioning with reverse cycle heating; via three separate compressors in the engine room, and water reticulation around yacht to minimize noise in cabin areas. Aircon circulations pump replaced (2014).
· Eberspacher hydronic D12W 24v heating system.
· 2 x 24v White fans in owner’s (aft) cabin.
· 2 x 24v White fans in forward cabin.
· 2 x 24v White fan in laundry room.
· 2 x White fans in forward port guest cabin.
· 1 x 24v White fan in galley.
· Lights in all deck lockers.
· Chrome halogen down lighters throughout.
· Touch LED in chrome; fitted in saloon only.
· Night lights throughout the boat.
· Red night light fitted in navigation area headlining.
· Red night light fitted in galley (over work surface) headlining.
· Standard reading lights in all cabins.
· 2 x Boom lights over cockpit table.
· Lopo LED navigation lights.
· Blue flood lights on the mast; amphibious lights fitted to top of spreads outboard, angled inwards.
· White transom underwater lights; Ocean LED lights fitted below water line.
· Bimini lights.
· Back light over transom.
· KVH M3 DX – satellite TV antenna fitted on stainless steel mast on transom, fitted with decoder box in saloon. Decoder only connected to the Saloon TV, all other TVs are fed by an analogue TV receiver (only operational in EU).
· Vessel tracker – Marine track.
· Alpine multi region stereo FM radio and CD/DVD player with twin speakers in saloon; and a pair of water resistant cockpit speakers.
· 22” Sony KDL-32E5520 Flat screen television mounted in the saloon wall, interfaced with DVD player and TV antenna.
· CD/Radio head unit with 2 x speakers.
· 22” Sony KDL-32E5520 Television fitted in aft cabin, including DVD multi region player and Ipod docking station.
· CD/Radio head unit with 2 x speakers, located in bed side unit.
· Panasonic TV (DXC) fitted in cabin, including DVD multi region player and Ipod docking station.
· Alpine stereo CD unit with 2 x speakers.
Summary of Accommodation:
· 3 x Double cabins for owner and guests; additional double crew cabin.
· 1 x Safe installed.
· Under floor stowage in galley and aft passageway.
Windows, Hatches and Ventilation:
· Double glazed windows in main saloon.
· All main saloon windows are toughened safety glass.
· 2 x Front opening windows in saloon.
· Lewmar and Gebo opening fixed hatches around the boat.
· Recessed Skyscreens for port and starboard forward heads and laundry room.
· Concealed Skyscreens for saloon coach roof hatches.
· Mosquito screens for all opening portlights and hatches.
· All fixed portlights in hull except in guest cabins.
· Opening portlights only in aft cabin, forward cabin and forward port cabin.
· All portlights in hull are silver anodized.
· 2 x Opening transom portlights.
· Templates taken for new single glassed front windows (2014).
· Scratches polished out of main companionway hatch and new teak piece replaced (2014). Springs were also replaced.
· Front forward side windows replaced (2014).
Internal Joinery and Upholstery:
· Maple joinery.
· Solid maple Discovery fiddles; all fiddles in the cupboards are wooden.
· Composite flooring; 100mm x 6mm stripes,
Description of layout:
Main Forward Cabin:
· King size bed with split mattress.
· Central beige lee cloth.
· 2 x Opening portlights, plus 1 x opening hatch.
· Wardrobe, shelves and drawers.
· Access to forward port heads.
· Full length mirror fitted to the forward face of the forward cabin door.
· 110/220v sockets.
· Access to bow thruster, battery charger and Raymarine Log impellor.
Forward Port Guest Cabin:
· 1 x Double berth with removable small child’s upper Pullman berth.
· Drawers and hanging wardrobe.
· Access to forward port heads.
· 2 x Beige lee cloths; central and inboard.
· Zanussi combi washer and dryer.
· Storage cupboards.
· Under floor storage.
· Fold out shelf.
· Raised seating.
· Crockery storage in back of saloon seating.
· Access to back of icemaker, keel bolts and bilge pumps hidden beneath central leaf.
· 3 x Shallow companionway steps.
· 2 x Deck hatches.
· Saloon table top in bird’s eye maple with set in teak trim; expandable to accommodate 6 persons.
· Uline SP18B Icemaker 23lb/24 hours.
· U-shaped galley.
· Outboard galley bookshelf fitted, with wooden rail and wooden legs.
· Inboard galley bookshelf fitted above galley sink, with wooden rail and wooden legs.
· Bookshelf fitted above fridge, with wooden rail and wooden legs.
· Galley surface in Corian fossil.
· Lift design with two screens fitted.
· Raised navigation seat.
· Two person seat.
· Bird’s eye maple desk top.
· Bookshelf fitted behind navigation desk, with wooden rail and wooden legs.
· King size double berth with split mattress.
· 3 x Lee cloths.
· 1 x Hanging cupboard.
· 1 x Vanity desk in bird’s eye maple.
· 2 x Fixed portlights, 4 x opening portlights and 1 x opening hatch.
· Full length mirror fitted on aft cabin door, on aft face.
· Upper and lower berth cabin.
· Separate heads compartment with shower (day head).
· Raymarine smart controller for captain.
4 x Heads Compartments:
· 4 x Electric heads (dry heads in all guest units).
· Shower facilities in each heads compartment; separate in aft ensuite.
· Pressurised hot and cold water.
· Electric shower and sink sump pump.
· GRP moulded units.
· All heads are fitted with heated towel rails, excluding day heads.
· Triple spreader B&R rig; all new white painted spreaders (2014) - the 4 bottom spreaders have been replaced and repainted.
· Rig overhaul; all fasteners except rivets removed. Mast and boom prepared and repainted with Awlgrip in Snow White. Tefgel used on all fastenings and fittings on reassembly (2012).
· Lewmar turning blocks
· Anodised aluminium mast and boom (painted white).
· Lewmar mainsheet traveler track.
· Lewmar traveler for self tacking jib.
· Electric furling for mainsail, jib and genoa.
· Electric in-mast main sail reefing.
· Emergency handle for in-mast reefing.
· Bamar electric headsail (genoa and jib) roller reefing.
· Standing rigging (replaced 2014) – 1 x 19 stainless steel wire in swaged terminals; while the mast was out the standing rigging was inspected and retuned. Bottom bottle screws were re-chromed instead of replaced.
· Hydraulic boom vang.
· Spinnaker halyard, including halyard, splicing, swivel snap shackle, cranked top bracket on mast, turning block and spinlock jammer.
· 2nd Spinnaker halyard, including halyard, splicing, swivel snap shackle, cranked top bracket on mast, turning block and spinlock jammer.
· 2 x Aluminium whisker poles in white; stored on mast, with 2 x track fitted to forward face of mast.
· Lightning protection at mast head.
· Furler serviced (2014) - the jib and genoa furlers were in need of a service. They were cleaned, re-gassed and then had new bearings put in. The motors have been rebuilt. The current motor is going out of manufacture by the company.
· Lewmar winches; all electric for easy handling (except mast winches).
· 2 x Lewmar 77 ECST electric self-tailing winches – primary winches.
· 2 x Lewmar 65 CST electric self-tailing winches – main sheet and clew outhaul/staysail sheet at companionway.
· 2 x Lewmar 65 CST manual mast winches.
· 2 x Lewmar 40 manual winches for mainsheet traveler.
· 2 x Winch handles with pockets.
· 2 x Locking winch handles.
· Sails by Hood UK.
· Vektron vertical in-mast furled mainsail with UV protection at clew (new).
· 140% Vektron Genoa with UV protection on leach.
· Vektron 90% Blade jib sheeted on self-tacking track with UV protection on leach (new).
· MPS spinnaker (cruising chute) and squeezer. North Sails. Turquoise with ‘MM’ logo.
· Side ladder mounts.
· Deep self-draining chain locker.
· Fresh water pressurized deck and anchor wash located in the chain locker.
· Large sail locker.
· Low profile deck hatches.
· Stainless pulpit with teak seats.
· Stainless stern rail with teak seats.
· Stainless steel Sovereign BBQ (on deck).
· Fridge fitted in cockpit table.
· 400kg steel/composite Cobra electric davits, transom mounted.
· Shelf in lazarette locker includes drain bung.
· Passerelle on transom step.
· Ensign staff.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
· 12 x Stainless steel mooring cleats.
· Lewmar vertical electric windlass with rope drum; V3 unit.
· 76m of 12mm calibrated chain.
· 50kg Delta anchor stows in stemhead fitting.
· Delta kedge anchor in stowaway bag in aft lazarette.
· 16m of 10mm chain with 66m of 14mm octoplait warp for kedge anchor.
· Chain counter/remote for windlass, fitted to starboard pedestal; wireless remote control for windlass comes in lieu of deck switch.
· Boat hook.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
· Crew covers for upholstery (2014)
· Sprayhood in acrylic beige.
· Bimini (new in 2014) in acrylic beige.
· 2 x Pedestal and wheel covers in acrylic beige.
· Cockpit table cover in acrylic beige.
· Forward and side facing saloon mesh window covers in acrylic beige.
· Windlass cover in acrylic beige.
· Covers for winches in acrylic beige.
· Saloon forward and side window covers in acrylic beige.
· Cockpit cushions throughout the cockpit and helm positions.
· Full Caribbean awning.
Tender & Outboard:
· Zodiac Yachtline deluxe RIB (3.8m) with 30hp Honda outboard.
· The tubes on the tender were replaced and the tender engine give full over haul (2014). Both are still operational.
· Stainless stanchions with higher than standard guard rail for added safety around deck.
· Strong webbing jackstays.
· 5 x Dry powder fire extinguishers.
· FM200 fire extinguisher system fitted in the engine room.
· Fire blanket in galley.
· Spare seal carrier fitted to prop shaft for stern gland.