CAPRICE is a custom Evind Still design, built in Finland in 1996 for the chairman of Kone Elevators, by PG yachts (a subcontractor to Baltic). The build cost was $1.5m. The interior is beautifully done in teak, and is very reminisent of Swans and Baltics, which are built in the same area. Dyvinicell cored hull, and optional water ballast makes this boat light, very fast and easy to sail. The current owner is using the water ballast as fresh water tanks, and isnt actively using the system for ballast.
6'8" draft makes her able to visit most harbors.
This is a very pretty, and unique yacht, with a very high quality of build.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
· Blue Awlgrip hull (2011).
· White deck, Awlgrip (2011).
· Teak overlay.
Keel & Rudder:
· Spade rudder.
Engine & Gearboxes:
· 1 x Yanmar turbo diesel 88hp (1996).
Propulsion & Steering:
· Carbon wheel.
· Lewmar retractable bowthruster.
· 3-blade Maxprop propeller.
· 220v outlets.
· 110v outlets (via separate inverter).
· 1800Ah AGM batteries (2014, 8 x 225Ah).
· Mastervolt charger.
· 110Ah 24v alternator.
· 6kW Fischer Panda generator (220v).
· Mastervolt inverter.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
· Isotemp hot water heater.
· Sea Recovery watermaker (not in commission, needs new membrane).
· B&G Hydra pilot.
· 2 x B&G analog displays for wind.
· 4 x B&G digital displays.
· B&G compass.
· Sonic speed.
· Sailor VHF.
· Furuno GPS.
· 2 x Furuno chartplotter
· Sailor SSB.
· 4 Propane burner stove with oven.
· Separate large freezer.
· Corian counter top.
· Corian sink.
· 2 x WCs (1 x Raritan electric and 1 x manual).
Heating & Ventilation:
· Air conditioning; 1 x unit with outlets in forward cabin and saloon.
Summary of Accommodation:
· Three stateroom layout, plus spacious main saloon.
· Vee berth cabin forward with long vee infill piece, enabling the cabin to be two separate single berths.
· Ensuite head and stall shower. Ample drawers and hanging lockers.
· Main saloon has a U shaped settee to port, straight settee to starboard, with pilot berths outboard, on both sides.
· Next aft to port is the large L shaped galley.
· Opposite is the chart table and electrical panel.
· Aft, on each side, is a quarter berth cabin with upper and lower berths.
· Sleeps 8, not including the settees.
· All the interior is beautifully done in a honey colored teak with teak and holly sole, and white hull trim pieces. Very light and airy with many coaming portlights.
· Omohundro carbon rig.
· Carbon park avenue boom (2001).
· Navtec hydraulic boom vang and backstay.
· Harken traveler and mainsheet.
· 2 x Harken roller furling headstays.
· Carbon spinnaker pole.
· Spinlock jammers.
· Navtec rod rigging.
· Harken airblocks.
· I = 20m, J = 5.63m, P = 18m, E = 5.5m.
· 2 x Harken 64 electric primary winches.
· 4 x Harken 48 electric winches.
· Self tacking jib.
· Fully battened mainsail (2010).
· 140% reacher, Dacron (1996).
· Self tacking jib, Dacron with small battens (1996).
· 1.5oz Asymmetrical spinnaker.
· 0.75oz spinnaker.
· Trisail and storm jib.
· Spacious cockpit with all lines lead aft.
· Side mounting swim ladder.
· 2 x Propane tanks.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
· Electric Lofrans anchor windlass.
· Bruce anchor.
· Spare anchor and line with 80’ chain.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
· Cockpit cushions.
· Winter cover.
Tender & Outboard:
· West Marine 10’ inflatable dinghy.
· 6hp Mercury outboard (2010).
· 6 person liferaft.