Simply the benchmark semi-displacement trawler-type motor-yacht. The Fleming 55 combines exceptional attention to detail at build with super versatility under way and supreme comfort in dock. EQUINOX has enjoyed only two Owners from new – her first being an ex-commercial mariner who specified her to his own exacting standards - and she has been family owned during her present ownership, and staying based on the South Coast UK.
She is in tremendous shape, and her twin Cummins diesels show only 840 hours. Her Owner has other yachting plans, and thus she is on the market with equipment to suit all climes. Her price is extremely competitive against all other 55s available today, and we understand she has the most complete specification of any Fleming 55 of her vintage.
The Fleming 55 is a well-proven raised pilothouse motoryacht designed for serious cruising. Her semi-displacement hull gives her great flexibility in performance. The Fleming 55 has a range of 2,000 nautical miles at 8 knots yet, with her standard Twin Cummins QSC 500 hp common rail engines, she can attain a top speed of approximately 18 knots. Maximum sustained cruising speed is around 17 knots where her moderate deadrise provides a comfortable ride unlike those boats for which speed is the main design criteria. These high speed, planing hulls require flatter sections making for a hard ride and the need to slow down in a seaway. On long passages, Fleming owners prefer a more leisurely and economical speed of 10 knots, where the typical fuel burn is slightly more than 10 gph.
The Fleming's deep keel provides protection for the running gear and stability in following seas. Because noise and vibration contribute to fatigue, Fleming has paid special attention to producing a yacht which has become the standard in the industry for its whisper quiet, smooth ride. Fundamental to this achievement is the use of Seatorque anti-vibration drive systems. Other builders either charge a heavy premium for this or do not offer it at all.
The Fleming 55 was first introduced in 1986, and since that time it has benefited from a rigorous program of evolution. There have been literally hundreds of improvements made, both big and small. While its legendary hull design remains essentially the same, today's Fleming 55 is a thoroughly modern yacht utilizing advanced technology, materials and construction methods. In 2014 hull number 235 was launched, making it one of the most successful production yachts in history.
Overall Measured Length: 59’10” including 2’5” bathing platform and 3’ pulpit; 16’ beam.
RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
· Solid GRP laminate, vinylester resin to outer laminations, epoxy barrier coat below waterline.
· Full length stringers.
· Simulated planking grooves.
· Integrally moulded guard with stainless steel rub strip.
· Full length keel with stainless steel keel shoe.
Deck and Superstructure Construction:
· Teak deck.
· All parts made from moulds.
· Cored construction with Cook gel coat.
Engine & Gearboxes:
· 2 x Cummins QSC8.3l diesel engines rated at 490hp each.
· Nominal 2.5:1 reduction ratio.
· Twin Racor fuel filters.
· Electric Reverso engine oil change pump.
· Aquadrive system plus couplings at both main engines.
Maintenance & Performance:
· Engine Hours: 838 at November 2015.
· Engines and generators winterised.
Propulsion & Steering:
· ZF-Faster shaft ‘A’ struts.
· Ropecutters to shafts.
· Sidepower SP240TC 15.5hpc electric bowthruster.
· Sidepower SP155TC 10hp electric sternthruster.
· Glendinning EEC3 engine controls with backup in pilot house.
· Bow and stern thruster controls in pilot house.
· Rudder angle indicator.
· Steering console with navigation electronics repeaters on flybridge.
Other Mechanical Equipment:
· ABT hydraulic stabilizers.
· 24 gallon lube oil tanks for engine oil change.
· 2 x Infra-red cameras in engine room.
· 24V system.
· Separate 12V system for the electronics.
· 220V system with outlets.
· 2 x banks of 8 x 12V Lifeline deep cycle batteries.
· 2 x 24V bowthruster and stern thruster batteries.
· Mastervolt Mass 24/50 automatic charger.
· Santrex trace inverter.
· 2 x 24V/110amp Lecce alternators on port and starboard engine.
· 1 x Onan eQD 13.5kva generator; 417 hours at November 2015.
· 1 x Onan eQD 9.5kva generator; 396 hours at November 2015.
· Electric Reverso generator oil change pump.
· Generator spares kit onboard.
· Separate batteries for each engine.
· 230V, 50Hz, 32A shorepower inlets on forward deck.
· Shore power inlets in aft cockpit.
· Custom Yacht alternator output regulator.
· Reverso electric oil change system for engines and generators.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
· Back up Headhunter DC fresh water pump with changeover valve.
· Webasto hot water system throughout yacht with radiators in master heads, guest heads and galley/salon.
· Horizon Seafari HRO90025FM watermaker.
· Forward, mid and aft section automatic bilge pumps with manual override in wheel house and in lower cabins.
· Computank fuel and water displays.
· Total capacity of 3,880 litres in 4 x tanks.
· Fuel management system with twin Racors; the main engine and generator can receive fuel from any of the tanks.
· Total capacity of 1,135 litres.
Grey/Blackwater Holding Tanks:
· Polycarbonate blackwater tanks in GRP for both heads; with Y valves.
· Buell air horn and air reservoir.
· Camera system incorporating 2 x aft facing, 1 x engine room with infrared viewing ability for night operation.
· PC with Dell 15” monitor and remote keyboard and mouse; Canon 180 printer.
· Nav6 McMurdo ICS Navtex.
· ‘Charles’ phone/intercom system with Coby handsets throughout yacht.
· 12Kw open array primary radar with 15" Furuno screen.
· 4Kw radome secondary radar/ plotter on standalone Furuno 10.4" screen.
· Furuno GD 1920 Black box and Pal board for camera receiving.
· Furuno GPS for secondary radar display.
· Furuno network fishfinder.
· Furuno GPS with 15" display.
· Furuno Nav 500 with fluxgate compass and 24v pump.
· B&G H1000 Speed and depth.
· B&G H1000 Wind display.
· B&G H1000 Wind direction display.
· Raymarine VHF.
· ACR 406 EPIRB.
· TRACE Inverter.
· Stand alone Furuno GP32 GPS/WAAS navigator over chart table.
· Cummins Smartcraft displays.
· Sea-Me Active radar reflector.
· 2 x B&G H1000 Multi display.
· Furuno Nav500 autopilot control.
· 2 x Furuno 10.4” GD 1920 displays.
· Icom 601 VHF.
· Miele washing machine in corridor.
· Miele tumble dryer in corridor.
· Stainless steel Blanco sink.
· Seagull water filter to sink and fridge with faucet.
· Insinkerator waste disposal.
· Grohe swivel faucet with removable spray head.
· Amana side by side 20.5 cu ft fridge/freezer with teak paneling.
· Miele 603 45cm slimline dishwasher with stainless steel door panel.
· Miele stainless steel oven.
· Whirlpool AVM955 stainless steel convection microwave with extractor fan and light.
· Brandt 4-burner induction hob.
· Electric Broan trash compactor with teak front.
· Head Hunter electric heads with fresh and salt water flush.
· Hot and cold shower fitting in aft cockpit.
Heating & Ventilation:
· Webasto microbore central heating.
· Cruisair reverse cycle air conditioning throughout.
1. Bose speakers on flybridge.
1. 23” LG LCD flat panel TV in aft salon.
2. Bose Lifestyle 28 DVD CD player.
3. Bose cube speakers with surround sound Dolby 5.1.
4. KVH G6 Satellite television.
5. KVH Trac net internet.
· Pilot house:
1. Pioneer 6-disc CD radio player.
· Lighting under coaming skirt in aft cockpit; 2 x additional overhead lights in overhang.
· Sansin searchlight with remote control in pilothouse and flybridge.
Summary of Accommodation:
· 6 berths in 3 staterooms.
Description of layout from forwards:
· Master cabin forward with:
1. En-suite shower/heads with blue pearl granite.
2. 2 x hanging lockers.
3. Custom spring mattress.
4. Ultrasuede ‘Periwinkle’ headboards.
5. Additional teak on cabin bulkheads.
6. Escape hatch.
· Port cabin with:
1. Twin berths.
2. A hanging locker.
3. Additional teak on outboard bulkhead.
4. 2 x canvas occasional pull out berths.
· Starboard cabin with:
1. Upper and lower berths.
3. A hanging locker.
· Guest heads to starboard with blue pearl granite.
· Teak handrail in accommodation passageway.
· Salon with:
1. L-shaped settee in ultrasuede ‘Periwinkle 2323’.
2. Hi-lo teak dining/coffee table.
3. Wooden window blinds.
4. Teak overhead handrail.
5. Access hatches to engine room.
· Galley with blue pearl granite worktops with bullnose edging.
· Pilot house with:
1. Slimline, highback Stidd helmseat with stainless steel pedestal, in ‘Blue Heron’ ultraleather.
2. Pilot house seating covered in ‘Blue Heron’ ultraleather.
3. Adjustable teak table with Blue Pearl granite insert.
4. Privacy door between pilothouse and salon.
5. Wet locker.
6. Internal steps to flybridge.
7. Chart table with flexible chart light.
8. Demisters for forward facing windows.
· Teak deck with extra teak on anchor platform.
· Teak rail capping.
· Teak on raised seating.
· Deck lockers forward; either side of anchor platform.
· Hatch to forepeak with PVC chain tube and watertight collision bulkhead.
· Fresh water wash inside foredeck locker.
· Salt water wash inside foredeck locker.
· Portuguese bridge bulwark doors port and starboard.
· Twin helmseat, Venturi screen.
· Teak to seating area.
· Beige seating and table covers.
· L shaped settee in vintage blue stripe.
· Removable satin teak top for flybridge table.
· Flush lazarette hatches with hinges, gaskets, locks and drainage gutters.
· GRP swim platform with teak decking.
· Stainless steel telescopic swim ladder.
· Opacmare 1849 hydraulic rotating passarelle with remote control.
· Portside cockpit locker under cranked ladder to flybridge.
· Starboard side locker, aft cockpit lockers with teak top.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
· Lofrans Falkon 24V DC, 1500watt windlass with pendant control and remotes in pilothouse and flybridge, on forward anchor platform.
· 65kg Delta style anchor and approx 100m of upsized 12mm chain.
· Stern anchor with chain in aft cockpit.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
· Beige bimini cover with stainless steel tubing on flybridge.
· Black mesh window cover for pilot house.
Tender & Outboard:
· Avon RIB R-340 with 25hp Mariner 2-stroke engine with beige canvas cover.
· Steelhead 1000lbs 8’ reach davit with power rotation.
· Solas B equipped 6-man liferaft.
· Removable rail section for liferaft.
· Echomax 230 radar reflector.