RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised A – “Ocean”
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
· Moulded in accordance with Stephen Jones construction drawings. The lay‐up is comprised of isophthalic gel coat (double gel), colour white, with complexes of chopped strand matt and woven rovings, hand laid with isophthalic resin on the first two layers.
· Bulkheads are of 18mm marine grade plywood bonded to the hull and deck and longitudinal stiffening stringers are foam cored.
· A single boot top located above antifouling level, colour to customers choice.
· Recessed cavita line in hull moulding inlaid with a gold tape. Lifting marks are located on the inside of the toerail below the capping.
· Coachroof and inner coamings are stiffened with 12mm balsa core and all deck fittings are reinforced by 12mm marine ply pads. The hull and deck are joined by overlapping GRP laminate with the resultant bulwarks capped in teak.
· Stanchion bases and cleats are mounted on top and through bolted.
· A choice of colours is available for hull and decks, however the standard yacht is offered with white topsides and offwhite decks as standard. The side decks have a moulded‐in non slip finish. Teak laid side decks are available as an option. The hull has two coats of antifouling applied to the owners colour choice, with a boot top.
Keel & Rudder:
· A 60mm stainless steel rudder stock with four stainless steel tangs inside a GRP foam filled rudder. A bronze heel casting is fitted to the half length skeg and locates the rudder stock. It is designed for easy removal. The rudder tube terminates with a bronze gland with greased stuffing and the top bearing passes through a Lewmar roller bearing.
· The head of the stock is very easily accessible from the cockpit for fitting an emergency tiller that is supplied. Engine beds are in GRP and incorporate a sealed drip tray. Epoxy primer system followed by two coats of Awlgrip Gold antifouling to a colour of customers choice.
· Proprietary Jones bulb design keel geometry. A single piece casting of lead external ballast with 4% antimony fastened to hull with 24mm dia. Stainless steel bolts.
Engine & Gearboxes:
· The engine is located directly over the keel, perfect for weight distribution. Superb access via hinged lid with ability to remove all surrounding panels.
· 1 x Nanni N4.85 (85hp) diesel engine with 2:1 mechanical gearbox. 100amp alternator. Engine is flexibly mounted with built‐in drip tray.
· Coolingby means of seawater, cooling a closed freshwater system through a heat exchanger.
· Engine compartment is insulated with noncombustible foam sound deadening material.
· Ventilation with the aid of a fan.
· Instruments in cockpit include tachometer, oil pressure and Temperature audible alarm, alternator warning light, starter switch and stop control.
· A primary filter/water separator is fitted in addition to the engine fuel filter.
· Cooling water is injected aft of the engine and the gas/water mixture then passes through a water trap and then through a water seperator. The water is then discharged through an outlet valve below the water line and the gases pass out through the exhaust via a fitting in the transom.
Propulsion & Steering:
· Whitlock Cobra steering system with Reliant pedestal, binnacle compass and Commodore hide covered stainless wheel.
· This is a direct drive system with quadrant gear, levers and draglinks giving excellent mechanical advantage and the ultimate in feel and responsiveness.
· The rudder is constructed using a 60mm stainless steel stock with large tangs encapsulated in GRP. The rudder has length skeg. The stock has a needle roller bearing at top, bronze gland with greaser at hull position and a bronze fitting on rudder skeg.
· Emergency tiller is provided.
· Single lever control on steering pedestal.
· A 1 1/2" (38mm) diameter stainless steel shaft is fitted to an aquadrive unit. The shaft drives a fixed three blade 20" x 14" propeller.
· The stern tube has a conventional stuffing box and bearing inboard and the outboard end has a water lubricated cutlass bearing.
· Main switch panel is protected by contact breakers.
· Three heavy duty batteries, charged from 100A engine alternator, one for engine and two for domestic use. Isolating switches with link between engine and service bank for emergency starting.
· Shore power is provided with standard 60A mains charger for batteries and 240V sockets in galley, fwd cabin, aft cabin, chart area and saloon.
· 15m shore power lead supplied.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
· A hot and cold water pressure system using an electric pump supplies both toilets, showers and galley.
· Hot water is heated by the main engine through a calorifier tank.
· The hot water tank has a capacity of 8 gallons and is fully insulated.
· A fresh water foot pump is fitted in the galley
· All wastes and seawater pipes are reinforced PVC.
· Freshwater pipes are non‐toxic polybutylene. All flexible pipe connections are made with stainless steel hose clips.
· Hull exits through bronze Blakes seacocks and skin fittings.
· External manual bilge pump fitted adjacent to helm position.
· Two Henderson MKV pumps, one located in cockpit, the other sited internally, both discharge overboard.
· One submersible electric pump.
· Pick‐ups are in the main bilge and discharge is overboard through skin‐fittings.
· Stainless steel tank, holding approximately 320 litres (75 gallons) filled from the side deck and vented outboard.
· Isolation valve fitted to tank and contents are measured by an air pressure gauge.
· Fuel spill‐off is returned to the tank.
· Six High Density Polyethylene moulded tanks with a total capacity of approximately 659 litres (145 gallons).
· Gas bottles stored in a vented locker under helmsman seat.
· 1 x 4.5kg bottle supplied, space for three.
· Gas piped in rigid copper pipe to galley, flexible hose to the cooker and an additional isolation valve is fitted by the cooker.
· Raymarine ST60+ speed, depth and wind instruments are fitted to the companionway garage.
· Raymarine ST6002+ Autopilot head unit with SPX 30 course computer and Jefa electric drive unit.
· Icom M421 VHF/DSC
· Other electronics and navigation equipment can be fitted as an option.
· Twin stainless steel sinks.
· Fresh water mixer tap to sink and manual foot pump with faucet.
· Aquafilter to manual pump system.
· GKN Espace Levante cooker, 3 burner grill and oven, fiddled and gimballed.
· Stowage for cutlery, crockery etc.
· Bin under sink unit.
· Large moulded fridge compartment top loading with keel cooled compressor unit.
· 2 x Marine WCs.
· 2 x Shower units.
Heating & Ventilation:
· Webasto airtop 5000 fitted with outlets to aft cabin, wet locker/shower, upper saloon, lower saloon and forward cabin.
· Stereo system with cd player, 2 x speaker to lower saloon, 2 x waterproof speakers to cockpit.
· Halogen 10W flush lights throughout.
· Reading lights to saloon. Red/white lights to heads, red courtesy lights to chart area, galley and companionway steps.
· Additional switchable white lights to chart table and pilot berth. Option for LEDs throughout.
· Two 25 watt port and starboard nav lights to pulpit, one 25 watt tri‐colour masthead navigation light combined with 10 watt all‐round white light; one 10 watt stern light; one 25 watt steaming light; one 35 watt sealed beam deck light.
Description of layout from forwards:
The interior joinery is constructed from high quality materials and in accordance with the very best yacht building practice. Joinery is finished in solid European oak and marine faced quality plywood as standard. The interior hull is flocoated below the waterline and lined with a moisture resistant material above the waterline. All locker doors and drawers have secure push button catches. Skyscreens and curtains can be fitted as an option.
· V berth with infill to make large double.
· Stowage under.
· Draws and hanging locker to starboard.
· Book shelf and lockers port and starboard.
· Door to saloon and toilet.
· Anchor locker access forward.
· Moulded GRP unit with marine wc, washbasin, lockers outboard and under sink unit.
· Shower mixer tap.
· Seat over wc.
· Grating to shower tray.
· Opening hatch.
· Fixed portlight.
· Large galley with Corian worksurface.
· Large storage cupboards below units and above.
· Located opposite galley to starboard.
· Seating with small removable coffe etable. Doubles up as starboard sea berth with lee cloth.
· Locker above and large book shelf for cruising guides etc…
· Raised dining area to port with clear view out through main deck saloon windows.
· Large storage lockers under and behind.
· Main longitudinal seat doubles up as port hand sea berth with lee cloth.
· Raised chart area to port opposite upper saloon.
· Ample space for electronics and navigation equipment.
· Storage under lid of chart table and draw units down side.
· Large chart draw under chart table.
· Large storage locker to port side of chart seat.
· Moulded GRP unit with marine wc, washbasin, locker outboard and under sink unit.
· Mixer tap to sink.
· Seat over wc.
· Grating to shower tray.
· Opening hatch.
· Opening portlight.
· Separate shower cubicle with additional door to chart area/companionway.
· Area doubles up as wet locker with rail for hanging oilys.
· Access to locker under chart seat.
· Spacious double berth, standing head room to dressing area with upholstered seat.
· Hanging locker.
· Lockers to port and starboard sides.
· Mainsheet track and car with 6:1 purchase block system fitted to centre of cockpit behind which is the wheel binnacle.
· Yankee and staysail tracks in aluminium with cars.
· Mainsheet track with adjustable traveller.
· Chainplates to cap shrouds, aft and fwd lowers, backstay.
· Webbing jackstays
· Selden deck stepped double spreader anodised mast and boom section.
· Track to front of mast for spinnaker pole option.
· Fixed cleats and stoppers as necessary.
· Turning blocks to mast base.
· Single line slab reefing lead aft as standard.
· Selden Gas Rod Kicker.
· Standing rigging:
1. All standing rigging stainless steel 1 x 19 10mm wire throughout and including forestay, cutter stay, forward and aft lowers, capshrouds and backstay.
· Running rigging:
1. Main halyard, topping lift, vang led aft to cockpit.
2. Yankee and staysail halyards cleated off at mast.
3. Yankee and Staysail sheets.
4. Spectra checkstays for heavy weather.
5. Lazyjacks, burgee and signal halyards.
· Two Anderson 40ST stainless winches mounted either side of the companionway coachroof, together with associated clutches, to control reefing and halyard lines lead aft.
· 2 x Anderson 58ST sheet winches plus 2 x 46ST spin/main/running backstay winches.
· Anderson 28ST mast winch with clutch above.
· Fully battened mainsail with 3 reefs and Selden MDS car system.
· Cutter rig standard.
· UV protection to yankee and staysail.
· Furlex 300S furling gear to yankee, hanked on staysail
· Cave lockers port and starboard.
· Lockers under helmsman seat including gas, emergency tiller and warps locker.
· Two large lazarette lockers are located on the aft deck to port and starboard. They are sealed down with bailey catches and have gas struts to support them when opening.
· Sliding companionway hatch and garage in perspex with two teak storm boards. Speed, depth and wind instruments to the companionway instrument pod.
· Pulpit and pushpit in stainless steel.
· Stainless chafe protection to teak toerail sides where appropriate.
· Dorade vents to saloon, forward heads and forecabin with stainless steel guard rail over box.
· Opening portlights to coachroof sides.
· Hatches to forecabin, forward heads, galley, lower saloon, upper saloon, chart table, aft heads and aft cabin.
· Sliding main hatch with lock to storm boards.
· Ensign staff.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
· Stemhead fitting in stainless steel with bronze rollers.
· Electric anchor windlass with foot switches.
· Eight bulwark mounted mooring cleats.
· 25kg Delta anchor, 60 m 3/8” galvanised chain.
· 2 x 15m,16mm and 2 x 10m, 16mm Mooring warp.
· Six fenders.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
· Teak laid cockpit seats and sole, locker tops and bridge deck.
· Sprayhood with hide covered grabrail.
· Mainsail cover.
· Safety harness attachment points.
· Stainless steel stanchions and guardwires with gates port and starboard.
· Grab handles port and starboard of companionway. Safety line attachment points.
· Handrails in teak to coachroof.
· 4 x Fixings in cockpit for life harnesses.