SHALIMAR was designed by Disdale and built by Benetti Shipyard, a sister company to Azimut. She was built to ABS classification and is currently in class. SHALIMAR features five staterooms with a luxurious on-deck master stateroom, panoramic skylounge penthouse, comfortable salon and dining area and spacious outside entertaining areas. Her interior is rich with walnut woods, elegant fabrics and beautiful Italian marbles
SHALIMAR features a large open aft deck with Built in seating and dining table for al Fresco dining. It has stainless steel framed glass doors open into the breathtaking salon which features comfortable seating to port and a fully equipped marble top bar to starboard. Formal dining is forward separated by a marble topped low level buffet and display area. The dining area if framed by overhead lighting and columns on the forward bulkhead. There is extensive storage for china and crystal.
Forward is access to the below deck four guest staterooms and access to the raised pilothouse and upper deck area. The on-deck powder room is off the marble foyer.
The on-deck galley is to port and features a four-burner cook top with grill against the forward bulkhead and stainless steel refrigerators and freezers against the aft bulkhead. There is an island work area to port. The galley is finished in practical high gloss white laminates with teak and holly sole. The galley is very spacious and features extensive counter space and storage.
Crew quarters are accessed from the galley area staircase. There are four cabins, all with en-suites for seven crew members. Forward of this area is the on-deck Master Stateroom which is decorated in luxurious fabrics with accents of gold. The centerline king-sized bed is against the aft bulkhead with nightstands. To port is a comfortable sofa for quiet time reading. There is a vanity opposite to starboard and a large walk-in closet with built in safe.
The Master Stateroom is very spacious with such amenities as art multimedia center, icemaker and refrigerator. The Master Stateroom bath features fine Italian marble floors with lapis lazuli insets, vanity tops, large jacuzzi tub, stall shower, vanity and his and hers sinks, toilet and bidet.
Crew: Just aft of the collision bulkhead are two identical crew cabins with upper and lower berths, drawer storage, hanging lockers and bathrooms with stall shower. Proceeding aft is the laundry center, followed by the spacious crew mess with full galley and entertainment center. The captain's Stateroom is opposite with a queen size bed, TV, Stereo and VCR. The stateroom is very large and features a desk inboard on the centerline, hanging locker, and drawer space and en-suite bathroom with shower forward.
The Engineers Stateroom is located aft of the watertight bulkhead aft of the quest staterooms. There is a single berth, desk, bookshelf, storage and bathroom with shower. The engineer's control room is to port with electrical panels and access up stairway to portside to main deck. There is an additional Miele washer/dryer in the control room. The engine room is aft of the control room, ahead of the lazarette which accommodated the new Atlas cycle converter.
Guest Accommodations is located center ship, just aft of a watertight bulkhead. There are two identical twin berth staterooms, port and starboard, each with en-suite heads and stall showers. Aft is a large lobby area, followed by two additional staterooms. To port is the VIP Stateroom with centerline king bed, dresser, vanity, extensive hanging locker and storage. The VIP bathroom features a Jacuzzi tub, his and hers sinks, toilet and bidet. To starboard is the fourth guest stateroom which is currently being used as a combination office. There is a twin bed sofa set headed with a walnut table and lamp, easy chairs, desk area and en-suite bathroom with stall shower. There is a walnut bed frame for conversion to an identical VIP stateroom.
SHALIMAR'S aft deck features built in seating and teak dining table with chairs for al fresco dining. Access to the integral swim platform and also up to flybridge area is from portside staircases. Lazarette access is from the swim platform. To starboard is the stainless steel and teak Mediterranean passarelle boarding ladder.
Access to the raised wheel house is from the owner's foyer on the starboard main deck or from the crew lobby on the portside main deck. The very modern wheelhouse contains all the electronics with easy viewing around a center console.
SHALIMAR was designed by Disdale and built by Benetti Shipyard, a sister company to Azimut. She was built to ABS classification and is currently in class.
SHALIMAR features five staterooms with a luxurious on-deck master stateroom, panoramic skylounge penthouse, comfortble salon and dining area and spacious outside entertaining areas. Her interior is rich with walnut woods, elegant fabrics and beautiful Italian marbles.
Refit 2016 Year to Date:
- Bottom painted & antifouling coating applied
- New overboard pump installed for aft grey water tank
- New mechanical seal installed on port main engine shaft
- Fins removed and seals replaced
- New hydraulic actuating cylinders for fins installed
- Damaged hydraulic hoses replaced
- Air conditioning
- Chill water supply lines chemically cleaned
- Sea water circulating pump impeller and seals replaced
- New a/c unit installed in crew mess
- Chill water lines passing under engineer’s cabin and electrical switchboard reinsulated
- Galley refrigerator system serviced
- New control air & ship service air compressors installed
- New transfer pump installed for sludge tank
- Port Generator
- New starter motor installed
- New exhaust muffler installed
- Starboard Main Engine
- Exhaust manifold O-rings & sealing ring replaced
- Plate cooler serviced
- Sea water supply piping to engine heat exchanger replaced
- Port Main Engine
- New starter motor installed
- New speed sensor installed
- Engine room aft bilge suction piping replaced
- Engine room aft sea chest manifold and valves replaced
- New low pressure supply pump for large reverse osmosis unit installed
- KaMeWa system
- Damaged hydraulic hoses replaced
- Hydraulic actuating cylinders for buckets replaced
- New hydraulic PTO’s installed at port & stbd engine
- Starboard power pack serviced
- Hull: New exhaust system, re-engineered and installed
- Hull: All sea valves removed, replaced and serviced where necessary.
- KaMeWa Jet drives: Serviced and replaced all hydraulic seals with new.
- Replaced all zinc anodes.
- Anti-foul: Soda blasted hull bottom and jet drives and recoated.
- Main engines: Top End overhaul on Port & Starboard main engines including but not limited to cylinder heads/cylinder sleeves valve seats & guides etc.
- Generators: Port & Starboard generators serviced including valve adjustment and clearance
- Air compressor: New air compressor installed complete with new tank.
Shipyard Period November 2012:
- The main freezer needed major repairs, new compressor and 4 isolation valves installed between them so if one out of two compressors fail, then the faulty one may be removed without impairing the function of the freezer.
- The master cabin sound system was replaced for a Bose sound system, one remote controls it all, cable TV / DVD / iPod
- A/V System fully serviced including replacement of TV’s including new TV’s, Blue Ray DVD players
- New Soft Goods installed: Including bedspreads, curtains, head-liners, exterior deck cushions (including around the dining table) and carpet. In addition, the main Salon couch has been reupholstered.
- (3) Places on the hull had to be repaired from sun blisters
- The bow locker teak wood was replaced
- Fly bridge paint job plus repairs of cracks and dents and restoration
- (2) New paddle boards
- All the shower doors base repaired from scratch and chipped paint
- (6) night stands re-varnished
- The desk in master cabin desk has been varnished in order to remove scratches
- New costume made AC frame built around the AC vents, to block the AC from venting from the bilges and circulate the air within the cabins downstairs
- (2) New Zodiac life rafts Solas approved, 12 people each
- (25) Fire extinguisher inspected, serviced and replaced (the bad ones)
- (24) AC unit costume made air filters, 5 years life time
- (2) new AC units, air handler
- New pontoons on 15 ft. Novurania
- New NANO dry bilge system purchased and installed from the guest quarters to the engine room
- (5) Cotes of Varnish on Shalimar capping rail
- (6) New crew mattresses purchased last November.
- Out of the water ABS inspection
- Replaced all 22 ZINC ANODES
- New hydraulic hoses put in
- New Hydraulic seal on KaMeWa steering Rams
- New bottom paint anti-fouling
- Exclusions include all of Owner's personal effects -
"All speeds, capacities, consumption, etc. are approximate or estimated; measurements can also be approximate. Specifications are provided for information only and particulars herein obtained from sources believed to be correct, but are not guaranteed. Buyer should instruct his agent and/or surveyor to check all details for accuracy. Offered subject to prior sale, price and/or inventory change, or withdrawal from the market without notification."