RCD Status: The yacht conforms with the essential safety requirements of Directive 94/25EC (Recreational Craft Directive) and is categorised B – “Offshore: Designed for offshore voyages where conditions up to, and including, wind force 8 and significant wave heights up to, and including, 4m may be experienced.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
· The hull is reinforced with advanced multi axial glass fibre matting with Divinycell core, allowing a reduction in weight of up to 20%, whilst offering improved constructional stability
· Synthetic teak-laid bathing platform, teak aft cockpit, helm sole, side decks and foredeck
· Blue pigmented hull stripe to upper hull, white gelcoat finish to lower sections of hull
· White dashboard and surround
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Twin Volvo Penta KAD44 EDC 260HP diesel engines : 6 cylinder, 3.6 litre diesel – supercharged, turbocharged & aftercooled
- Volvo outdrives to Duoprops
Maintenance & Performance:
· Estimated engine hours – c.271 at April 2015.
· Engines serviced 2014 (tappets serviced).
· Legs serviced July 2014.
Performance indication (Note – these figures are supplied by Volvo and are intended as a guide only):
Revs, Knots, L/NM, L/H, DBA.
1000, 5.5, 0.73, 4, 64.
1500, 9.1, 2.20, 20, 70.
2000, 12.7, 2.99, 38, 75.
2500, 23.0, 2.26, 52, 75.
2800, 27.3, 2.05, 56, 77.
3000, 31.2, 1.99, 62, 77.
3200, 3.9, 2.00, 68, 78.
3400, 35.1, 2.22, 78, 79.
3600, 37.8, 2.27, 86, 78.
3800, 40.3, 2.53, 102, 79.
3970, 42.0, 2.52, 106, 81.
Propulsion & Steering:
· Twin Duoprop alloy propellers to each outdrive leg
· Hydraulic steering system
· 12V DC domestic system with 240v shore power
· 12V engine cranking battery
· 2 x 12V service/domestic batteries
· Batteries can be switched to parallel for emergency starting
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
· Heating by engine heat exchanger calorifier or 240V immersion heater
· Hot water tank capacity of approximately 40 litres (9 gallons)
· Manual high capacity Whale pump to aft cockpit, pumping from central aft engine bilge
· Electric bilge pump, pumping from central aft engine bilge
· Aluminium tank
· Approximate capacity of 500 litres (132 gallons)
· Gauge at helm console
· Aluminium tank
· Approximate capacity of 200 litres (52 gallons)
· Gauge at helm console
· Raymarine ST60 Tridata log/speed/depth instrument
· Furuno GP-1850F colour chart-plotter
· Raymarine Autopilot
· Navico Axis RT 1200 VHF set
· Wallas Safe Flame ceramic diesel-fired two burner hob
· Stainless steel circular sink with mixer tap and drain
· Top-loading 12V/240V refrigerator set into galley worktop
· Charcoal grey Corian worktop
· Stowage drawers and cupboards at eye level and below worktop
· Manual marine wc with moulded fibre glass lid
· Shower with hot and cold mixer tap (on umbilical from basin)
· Vanity mirror, shower curtain and towel hooks
· Eye-level lockers and stowage locker beneath basin with loo roll holder
· Opening port-light and switched electric ventilator
· CD/radio stereo with loudspeakers to cabin and cockpit
· 12V down- lighting throughout saloon, cabin, heads compartment and galley
· Reading lights to aft cabin, concealed lighting to saloon forward bulkhead
Summary of Accommodation:
· Four berths in one double/twin aft cabin, and occasional dinette double berth conversion with infill
· Solid, high quality cherry cabinetry throughout, with solid teak and holly cabin soles
· Fully lined with ivory head linings to deck-heads
· Hull sides and forward bulkhead trimmed to high standard in headlining
Description of layout from forward:
· U-shaped forward raised dinette to seat six, with central adjustable table which drops to form occasional double berth with infill cushion and varnished infill board
· Saloon seating trimmed in Navy Blue cloth fabric with gold piping and dot motifs, with matching infill
· Opening central deck hatch and two opening port-lights to hull sides with fixed mosquito mesh
· Access to bow-thruster installation through trap set into cabin sole aft of table leg
· Blue fabric curtains to both hull sides
· Stereo loudspeakers set into trim of dinette carcass
· Satin gloss Cherry cabinetry with charcoal Corian worktop to galley
· Stainless steel sink with mixer tap, Wallas Safe Flame ceramic hob and top-loading refrigerator
· Plenty of stowage space for cutlery, utensils, glass and crockery – with some fitted storage racks
Port aft twin/double cabin:
· Entry from saloon, with Jack & Jill door to ensuite heads, two twin berth with central infill to make a good double berth – classic Windy bedspread in Navy Bue with gold, reading lights and opening port-light
Heads compartment (to starboard):
· Moulded unit comprising marine wc, basin, shower tray and electric drain pump
· Opening port-light and entry doors from saloon and also from aft cabin
- Large U-shaped sofa in blue Sunbrella fabric with white piping
- Sofa converting into large sunbathing pad by lowering cockpit table
- Electrical / hydraulic opening engine hatch
- Refrigerator & glasses holders
- Adjustable bolstered helm & pilots sport seats
- Storage in lazarette
- Stainless steel handholds to windscreen surround
- Self-draining cockpit
- Windscreen wiper
· Synthetic teak-laid bathing platform with draining locker to starboard, swimming ladder hatch to port, fender rack to transom and hot and cold transom shower
· Teak-laid side decks and foredeck
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
· Lewmar electric windlass in foredeck locker with up/down controls on foredeck and switch at helm
· Stainless steel Bruce anchor on bow roller with calibrated chain
· Six stainless steel cleats set around the deck , with solid stainless steel guardrails, pulpit and handholds/grabrails
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
· White camper canopy with zip-out sections and stainless steel frame
· Blue canvas tonneau cover
· Blue Sunbrella fabric with white piping to cockpit
· New Helly Hansen navy camper canopy (2014).
· Two 2kg dry powder manual fire extinguishers to man helm (service date unverified)
· Single automatic FM200 fire extinguisher to engine bay (service date unverified)
The Scirocco 32 is an evergreen cruising sports-boat. She is long-legged enough for relaxed Channel cruising, with a fine Hans J Johnsen hull for soft passage-making even in more challenging conditions. Being born and bred in Norway, she has the best quality kit on board and excellent characteristics on the water, which translates into a low stress ownership experience and pleasurable power-boating.
COSI FAN TUTTE is a two owner from new 32 Scirocco running on twin KAD44 diesels delivering 260HP apiece and top speeds in excess of 40 knots. She is ready for your inspection.
The Scirocco offers the speed you associate with smaller boats and the comfort you find in bigger ones. The deep-V hull, designed to get the very best from the engine options, makes the Scirocco safe and efficient under all conditions.
Yachting Press Remarks
“Of its size and type, the Scirocco is the most effective sports cruiser we have ever tested” – Motor Boats Monthly
“ There is plenty for the heart to get excited about here, but if you’re buying a boat with your head, then the Scirocco stands out. It’s not an accommodation barge or a sporting diva, it’s simply a fine sportsboat...”– Motor Boats Monthly