CARMELLA accommodates seven in three staterooms. She has a beautiful semi-gloss varnished teak interior (revarnished 2010) and teak and holly sole totally refinished in 2011. Eight topside ports enhance the sense of space and visibility from below decks. The cabinetry is recognized as comparable to the world’s best high quality builders. Beautiful Corian counter tops and many custom details ensure Carmella a rightful place in the top of the luxury class yachts.
· 10 turbo fans, 2 speed
· Indirect valance lighting
· Corian countertops throughout
· Ultrasuede main salon and settees
· Custom fitted sheets, blankets, bedspreads (2011)
The spacious main salon has an Ultrasuede settee and green Corian coffee table to port and a semi-circular settee with dining table to starboard. There is a wine glass cabinet with custom stained glass window. Multiple opening and fixed ports provide excellent light and ventilation and there is extra storage under and outboard of both settees.
The passageway galley is aft of the salon to starboard, provides a large work area and also serves as the primary passageway to the owner’s stateroom. There is a top-loading freezer with a separate front-loading refrigerator that has a separate door for cold beverages. They can be operated by either 110v or engine drive with holdover plates or a third, recently installed, low draw 12 volt system. The long counter tops are grey Corian. Storage space is exceptional, outboard, inboard and under the counters. Double polished stainless sinks are custom installed on the inboard counter.
· Force 10 4 burner propane stove
· GE microwave
· Spice racks
· Macerator pump
· Exhaust fan
The forward facing navigation area is to port aft of the main salon. Electronics and communication radios are flush mounted. The wide navigation desk has a hinged top to access a storage compartment.
The VIP guest stateroom is forward with a very generous V berth (9’6” wide) that converts to a double. An ultrasuede seating area is to port. Exceptional storage is provided by overhead lockers, drawers and a hanging locker. There is a private door to access the guest head and shower
Aft of the VIP, to starboard is the second guest stateroom with a generous lower berth and an upper berth that can be folded down to make a settee. Storage includes lockers and drawers as well as a tall hanging locker.
Across the passageway from the second guest cabin is a large guest head with green Corian vanity and separate shower. A double door arrangement allows private entry to the forward VIP and second door to forward passageway.
The master stateroom is aft and accessed by passageways port and starboard from the salon, and a private companionway ladder to the aft cockpit. There is a queen size berth to port with settee to starboard that converts to a sea berth. There are numerous lockers, drawers and a hanging locker.
Lugger 143 hp diesel main engine that has benefited from superior service that has contributed to continued reliable service and good compression.
- New stainless exhaust (2011)
- New raw water pump (2010)
- New fuel pump (2010)
- Lugger and Northern Lights spare parts
- Racor dual remote filters
- Full reverse cycle air conditioning, 5 units, new a/c unit in salon (2011)
- Sea Recovery watermaker, new 2009. 800 gpd, 37 gph
- Espar D5L force air heating
- High water bilge alarm
- Engine and generator oil change pump
- 2 fresh water sea/land Vacu-heads
- New hot water tank (2011)
- Water purification system (2010)
- Removed all thru hulls and fully serviced 2011
- Maxi 3 blade feathering prop, reconditioned 2011
Hand laid fiberglass Airex PVC cored hull construction using Vinylester resins. Integral fiberglass fuel tanks, water tanks and centerboard trunk. Internal cast lead ballast. Hand laid fiberglass deck with Divinycell core construction and 5/8” teak overlay on deck. Varnished teak exterior trim with highest quality stainless steel port lights, hatches, cowl ventilators and hardware. Rubrail along the hull with stainless striker. Epoxy bottom coating. The main cockpit is large and comfortable with seating around a teak fold down table with extension and port and starboard walk through access to the side decks.
- Awlgrip hull, 2011
- Rudder with built in extension
Ground Tackle and Cleats
· 2009 Replaced Maxwell 2500 windlass with 3500
· 2009 Replaced 65 lb. CQR with 122 lb. Rocna anchor
· 2009 Replaced 3/8” 4G chain with 7/16” high tensile AG chain
· 2010 New dock lines, 7/8”
· 2011 Replaced 4 main cleats (bow & stern) with larger new cleats and backing plates
· 2009 New tri-radial genoa
· 2009 New mainsail with vertical battens
· 2009 New Code Zero, includes a continuous line furler
· 2009 Enlarged asymmetrical spinnaker and fit new sock
· 2010 Rebuilt mainsail furler motor
Hull Bottom, Rudder and Centerboard:
· 2010 Repainted hull Oyster White Awlgrip
· 2010 Peeled bottom including gel coat and outer layer of mat. New outer layer of mat added, followed with 8 coats of epoxy and multi barrier coats. Finished with bottom paint.
· 2010 Removed centerboard completely. Rebuilt board and all hardware for lifting systems
· 2011 Removed rudder post, reconditioned with new stainless that was machined. Rebuilt rudder and rudder extension.
· 2012 Sanded bottom and applied two coats of ablative bottom paint.
- 2011 Fit car adjusting system that enables jib cars to be moved forward or aft under a load.
- 2011 (2) additional larger speakers fit in main cockpit, and aft cockpit speakers upgraded to Bose.
- 2011 New 24" Raymarine Digital Radar Scanner with new cable run up mast.
- 2010 New Sirius Weather Receiver added and linked to chart plotter
- 2010 New Raymarine AIS "A" installed (transmit and receive)
- 2010 New 5 port Linksys Switch for Raymarine network and new NIMA Multiplexer
- 2010 New Furuno FCV 620 Color Fish finder and depth gauge at navigation station
- 2010 Fit a source switch at navigation station allowing autopilot to be run by 4 different gps units (for backup)
- 2009 Replaced 95% of all the hoses on the boat (except those that obviously looked new)
- 2009 Installed loud alarm at navigation station so gps alarms can be heard clearly throughout boat
- 2009 Installed new Brown Air compressor on sail locker with 90 ft. hose (for diving and underwater repairs and cleaning) and new 110 line
- 2009 Rebuilt in mast furler and replaced motor with a new one
- 2008 New 150 amp Balmar alternator for house batteries and rebuilt 130 amp Lestek alternator as back up.
- 2008 2 New Max Charger digital regulators
- 2011 Replaced all gps antennae, rewiring to navigation station.
- 2009 New data cable for Simrad
- 2010 Replaced aft shower pump
- 2011 Re-plumbed salt water pump so that it can be switch as a backup to the fresh water pump
- 2009 Replace TV in main salon with 32" flat screen and installed new blue ray DVD player
- 2009 Replaced aft cabin TV with new flat screen over bed that can be TV, DVD, or navigation info from chart plotter.
· 2012 Replaced hydraulic power pack with Lewmar Commander 250
· Generator: 2009 Replaced with 9 kw Northern Lights
· Watermaker: 2009 Replaced with Sea Recovery 37 gph, 900 gpd
o 2011 replaced 110 volt compressor
o 2011 installed additional 12 volt system in fridge and freezer boxes
o 2011 installed 12 volt plate in cockpit ice chest.
· Air Conditioning: Replaced salon AC unit (2012)
· 2011 Full service including thru hulls (2011) removed, cleaned, greased, reinstalled.