Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
· The MEZZA LUNA topsides have been AwlGripped "White" (summer 2009). The Dark Blue boot tops, cove stripes and coaming stripes were AwlGripped as well.
· The bottom was peeled, rebuilt in vinylester, barrier coated & painted (summer 2008).
· The teak decks, to include the cockpit soles & seats, were replaced in 1997 with teak supplied by Nautor. Sanding and recaulking as necessary was accomplished at the Hinckley Yacht Service (RI) facility in September of 2005.
Keel & Rudder:
· The MEZZA LUNA had her rudder dropped and new rudder bearings and seals installed (2005).
Engine & Gearboxes:
· 1 x Volvo Penta TMD31-A 110hp (2004).
· Turbo-charger on engine and cooling elbow (2008).
· 4 x Volvo fuel injectors (2008).
· New stainless steel muffler & exhaust system.
· 2 x Racor fuel filters.
· Transmission oil cooler (2006).
· Engine room blower.
Maintenance & Performance:
· Engine Hours: approximately 2300.
· Maximum Speed: 8.6 knots.
· Air cooler on engine removed & cleaned (2008).
· Rewired engine controls (2007).
· Rewire of cockpit engine control panel including several VDO gauges (2007).
Propulsion & Steering:
· 60" Destroyer wheel steering, semi-recessed with a leather cover (2010), wheel brake & stainless steel guard.
· The prop shaft was pulled, inspected & x-rayed (2005) and a new shaft seal & cutlass bearings were installed at this time (2005).
· Max-Prop 3- blade feathering, 24".
· Ship's service, 24 VDC with ammeter & volmeter gauges & selector switches at panel.
· 12 VDC outlets at main electrical panel at navigation station.
· 24 VDC outlets: 1 x for each cabin & head, 2 x in main saloon, 1 x "watertight" in cockpit & 1 x in foredeck dorade box.
· 230 VAC outlets throughout.
· 8 x AGM Lifeline size 12 VDC batteries (2007).
· Engine start battery (2008).
· Battery parallel button (at helm).
· Battery charger (can handle both 115 VAC & 230 VAC feeds through inverters).
· 110 AH VDC high-capacity alternator (2004).
· 2nd Alternator, 125 AH VDC.
· Westerbeke generator, 8.7 kVA 230 VAC, 2500 hours at Dec 2011(2004).
· Shore power, inlets for both 115 VAC & 230 VAC service (and separate 230 VAC connector for A/C), with interior outlets & wiring for 230 VAC. (N.B. a heavy-duty 115 VAC transformer is on board for any "US" systems.)
· Separate inverter for the TV and Blu-ray player.
· Heart 800W inverter.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
· Hot & cold pressure water system throughout with single-tap controls and back-up foot pumps.
· Fresh water deck wash (2006).
· Fresh water accumulator and pressure pump, SST (Paramax 4 pump, 2011).
· Spectra Catalina 300 watermaker with MPC 5000 controller, auto backflush - makes about 10 gallons per hour (2006 & with new water pump, 2008).
· 2 x Electric bilge pumps (1 x high volume, 1 x low volume and both float-switch activated).
· 2 x Manual bilge pumps (cockpit and below).
· Total capacity of 522 litres (115 gallons) in 3 x stainless steel tanks.
· Diesel gauges (2007).
· Diesel tank fuel sounders & VDO gauges (2007).
· Fuel tanks cleaned (2006).
· Total capacity of 745 litres (164 gallons) in 3 x stainless steel tanks.
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
· Blackwater tank 12 gallons (approx) to forward head.
· ICOM 604 VHF radio with digital selective calling (2008).
· 3 x Standard Horizon hand held VHF's, IC M2A (two are 2004, one is 2007 and all new batteries, 2011).
· ICOM IC M710 SSB with ATC.
· Fleet 33 Inmarsat M with onboard send/receive fax (software updated, 2008).
· Inmarsat dome serviced & new motors installed, mounted on custom stainless steel pole aft (2008).
· Motorola 9205 Iridium Telephone (2007)
· B&G Hydra Sailing System that includes all speed, depth & wind functions, repeaters in the cockpit and at the navigation station (software updated, 2005 & masthead unit replaced, 2008).
· B&G FFD repeaters installed in aft cockpit (forward) and at helm (2003).
· 2 x B&G "20-20" displays, 1x each side of companionway in dorade boxes (2003).
· B&G repeater in owner's cabin.
· Garmin 3010C color screen GPS/Chart plotter (2010).
· Garmin 178 portable GPS/Chart plotter (2004).
· Furuno M-821 radar 4kW, radome mounted on mast (magnatron & software upgrade, 2003).
· Furuno weather fax (2002 and serviced & software updated, 2008).
· Raymarine ST 7002 autopilot (2007 and with new hydraulic motor for drive system, 2008)
· IBM ThinkPad laptop (Windows XP drivers) with Admiral charting for the US East Coast and Caribbean and system has a separate GPS antenna.
· Internet email access possible through Fleet 33.
· HP Color InkJet printer/fax (2006).
· Barograph, electronic (2002).
· Suunto 6" compass at pedestal.
The MEZZA LUNA has a large, walk-in galley on the port side of the main saloon aft. There are stainless steel work surfaces and a double-sink setup on centerline.
· Alpes Inox (4) burner stainless steel gimballed propane stove w/oven & broiler.
· Stainless steel galley safety bar with harness.
· Galley sinks, stainless steel.
· Hot & cold pressure water with single tap control and manual foot pumps for both fresh & salt water.
· Exhaust fan, 2-speed, mounted in integral hood.
· Frigoboat refrigerator (5.3 cu/ft) & freezer (4.9 cu/ft) system, 24VDC (2008).
· Freezer with lift-out baskets.
· Stainless steel galley counter surfaces.
· Custom service & galley ware for 8.
· Hot and cold deck shower.
· Electric head in owner's cabin (2006 & with new pump, 2010).
· Electric sump pumps for aft head & forward head shower trays (2007).
· Forward head and holding tank replumbed (2008).
Heating & Ventilation:
· The MEZZA LUNA has a hydronic Candaria heating & air conditioning system with dual compressors and with individual cabin zone controls (2004); with Marsh raw water feed pump & condenser (2008).
· The system has 2 x compressors, hot and cold, and pipes water through 6 x small exchangers to service as follows: 2 x main saloon, 2 x aft cabin & guest cabins.
· The system is 230VAC and runs off either shore power or the generator.
· 12 x Hella Turbo ventilation fans (2007).
· KVH TracVision Sat TV with autotrack installed: DirecTV within 250 miles of coast and USVI plus weather channel access (KVH TracVision serviced, new controller & software upgraded 2008) (N.B. no active subscription).
· KVH TracVision 4 TV antenna.
· Panasonic "All Regions" BluRay/DVD player (2011).
· Sharp Aquos LCD HD TV (2011).
· Sony Marine VHF/CD/MP3 50w radio (2011).
· Berth lights, 1 x per berth.
· Dome lights overhead throughout.
· Dome lights, red overhead, at galley and navigation station.
· Fluorescent lights over galley counter & mirrors, in heads & engine room.
· Lights, automatic, in hanging & oilskin lockers.
· Flexible chart light at navigation station.
· Courtesy foot lights, red, at floor level in main saloon & navigation station area.
Description of layout from forwards:
The MEZZA LUNA has the standard (3) cabin Swan 53 interior layout plus crew & storage accomodations forward with, of course, Nautor's renowned hand-rubbed satin finish varnished teak joinery.
The owner's cabin features a queen berth aft on centerline with port and starboard settees.
The guest cabin to starboard features upper & lower Pullman berths.
The guest cabin to port features a full lower berth and single upper berth that can be latched out of the way when not in use.
In 2004, custom teak joinery (finished in the Nautor fashion) was installed to include bookcases & lockers to port and a built-in custom entertainment system area to starboard to accomodate a flat screen TV and related media features along with shelving for other items.
The yacht's interior was completely revarnished in 2003. The main saloon was revarnished in 2007 and as required on an ongoing basis to date. The floorboards were revarnished in 2009. The main saloon table was re-veneered in 2009. The main companionway was revarnished in 2010.
· Blue Connelly leather upholstery for the main saloon, navigation station seat and settees for the owner's cabin aft (2004).
· Tempur-pedic comfort berths in all cabins (2004).
· Custom-fitted sheets, mattress protectors, comforters & pillows in all cabins (2008).
· Linen curtains, lined, in all cabins.
· Custom pillows for cockpit.
· Folding pipe cot berth in forepeak.
· Complete interior revarnish (2003).
· Floorboards revarnished (2009).
· Main saloon revarnished (2007 & updated, Summer 2009 onwards).
· Main companionway revarnished (2010).
· Touch-ups were done for the varnish work in the fo'c'sle and the forward head (2007).
· Teak gratings in forward & aft heads.
· All the deck hardware - sheet tracks (inboard & outboard), genoa cars, blocks, line clutches etc, were replaced with new Lewmar gear in 1997. It has been continually upgraded since that time.
· An adjustable block & tackle genoa car system was fitted in 1997.
· The main sheet blocks and standups were replaced in December of 2007.
· The roller furling blocks were replaced in December 2008. There is a custom folding boarding ladder with extra wide teak treads with provisions for mounting on the starboard side.
· Lewmar deck hardware throughout.
· 2 x Fredereikson sheeting tracks, inner & outer.
· Adjustable genoa car system.
· Color-coded rigging (2005).
· Dyneema halyards (2005).
· Inner-forestay hydraulic ram (rebuilt 2007).
· All Navtec rod rigging replaced (2006) by Southern Spars, Portsmouth, RI.
· 2 x Lewmar sheet tracks.
· Battcar roller bearing slides on main traveller, Ronstan (2007).
· Reckmann roller furling headstay system.
· Inner-forestay and babystay (2007) and backstay (2003).
· Navtec 4-function hydraulics for backstay & vang & inner-forestay (control panel at helm station at binnacle) (rebuilt/serviced 2007).
· Genoa sheets (2004).
· Running backstays (2006).
· Nautor aluminum spinnaker pole.
· Whisker pole, aluminum.
· Lewmar ceramic bearing mainsheet traveller (2005).
· Reef lines (2007).
· 6 x SST turnbuckle covers (2006).
· Storm trysail track on mast.
· All the Lewmar winches & deck blocks were reconditioned in 2006.
· 2 x Lewmar CEST electric primary winches.
· 14 x Lewmar CST 2-speed manual winches.
· Winch handle holders in both cockpits.
N.B. All winches completely overhauled in 2004 and are regularly serviced.
· Doyle carbon mainsail (N.B. new, 2008 & never used, stored in Annapolis, Maryland).
· Doyle carbon #2 genoa (N.B. new, 2008 & never used, stored in Annapolis).
· Doyle carbon #3 genoa (N.B. new, 2008 & never used, stored in Annapolis).
· Doyle Hydranet Spectra Main with 5 x full-length battens, 2 x reefs (2007).
· Hyde 130% #2 Genoa, "low cut", with foam luff & battens (2011).
· Storm jib.
· Storm trysail (never used).
· High-cut 110% Yankee (or "Jib Top") (N.B. stored in Annapolis).
· Spinnaker staysail, Mylar, w/self-furler (N.B. stored in Annapolis).
· Asymmetrical spinnaker, cruising, split 2.5 oz & 1.5 oz nylon, solid blue field with logo in white & gold stars, with dousing sock (2006).
· Symmetric light air spinnaker.
· The bow pulpit was replaced in 2006 as were the stanchions & lifeline gates.
· 5 x Goiot Lowline Cristal deck hatches were installed in 1997.
· 11 x Goiot opening ports.
· Boarding gate, starboard.
· Boarding ladder, teak folding.
· 3 x Dorade vents, stainless steel (2004).
· 3 x Guards, stainless steel, for Dorade vents.
· Lifting pole/crane unit, custom stainless steel, mounted port side aft (N.B. mount for the KVH TracVision dome and for retrieving O/B motor etc).
· Navigation lights: combined red & green side lights on bow pulpit, white stern light on stern pulpit & white steaming light on forward part of the mast.
· General: downward flood light on forward side of mast, Tricolor LED masthead and anchor light, cockpit light (added 2008) and compass light.
· Custom teak cockpit table.
· Red ensign.
· Magma grill with blue canvas cover, mounted on aft pulpit.
· Custom carbon fiber starboard Mediterranean-style passarelle.
· Boarding ladder, folding with teak treads, for starboard boarding.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
· 5 x Fenders.
· Lofrans electric anchor windlass (2003) and serviced with new stripper (2006) and new deck buttons (2008).
· CQR 65 lb anchor with 350' calibrated chain (2004).
· Fortress kedge anchor with line & 50' chain rode.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
· Serviced by North Sails Annapolis (2008)
· Dodgers for Main & Aft Cockpits, folding dark blue Sunbrellla canvas (2004 and serviced, 2011 with new "glass")
· Bimini, dark blue Sunbrella canvas (2011).
· Awning, full dark blue Sunbrella canvas (2004).
· Mainsail cover, dark blue Sunbrella canvas (2005).
· Cockpit cushions, dark blue (2006).
· Hatch covers, Sunbrella canvas.
· Winch covers, Sunbrella canvas (2006).
Tender & Outboard:
· Achilles 12.9' Hypalon dinghy (2006).
· Honda 20 HP O/B (2007 & serviced 2011).
· Outboard motor bracket, teak, mounted on stern pulpit.
· MOM8 Cannister horseshoe buoy, pylon light & drogue (serviced 2011).
· Upgraded general safety gear.
· DSB,ISAF 8-person SOLAS B liferaft in cannister (2007) with cradle to deck mount with auto & manual launch (N.B. unit service certification good until October, 2012).
· 2 x Sealed UK CG CAT C Medical pouches for use in liferaft or onboard.
· Various other first aid equipment items.
· EPIRB Global-Fix 406 MHz with built-in GPS (unit serviced & upgraded, 2008).
· Visual distress signals including SOLAS approved flares (2008).
· 8 x UK CG-approved auto inflation lifejackets with whistle, inbuilt harnerss, crutch straps and matching triple point safety lines.
· Horseshoe life ring with safety light, drogue & tether, transom-mounted.
· Lifesling recovery aid.
· Portable USCG approved fire extinguishers in all Cabins plus UK regulation extinguisher in main saloon.
· Full SOLAS B grab bag.
· Radar reflector.
· Emergency VHF antenna.
· Fire suppression; engine room CO2 pressurized (2004).
· Fire blanket in Galley.
The MEZZA LUNA is now compliant with UK Coast Guard Agency safety requirements CODE 2 including: 8 x automatic inflation lifejackets to EU Standards with crutch straps, 2 x sets EU (higher than US) flares (2011), SOLAS B grab bag including thermal protection aids, flares etc, new horseshoe lifebuoy, personal and main, EPIRB, permanent deck safety lines and smoke & carbon monoxide alarms in all Cabins etc".
The MEZZA LUNA completed the Marion/Bermuda Race of 2007 and passed the full safety inspection with no issues.
The yacht inventory also includes a complete set of UK and US paper charts that cover the US East Coast of the United States as well as the Caribbean. There are also UK Pilot Guides for the East Coast & Caribbean. There is various other navigation equipment and publications relevant to sailing and to comply with UK CG regulations.
The MEZZA LUNA will be sold with her present extensive inventory of spare parts, appropriate tools, galleyware, decor items, custom bedding and the like.
The MEZZA LUNA is a nicely-maintained SWAN 53 that has been used and lightly chartered by her current and previous Owners in New England, Mid-Atlantic and Caribbean waters. Built by NAUTOR of Finland, she was the 40th example of the very successful SWAN 53 design by German Frers. The MEZZA LUNA has the standard SWAN 53 layout to include the Owner's Cabin aft with a centerline queen berth, two Guests Cabins, port and starboard forward with uppper/lower berths, and the Foc's'le area for crew's quarters and for storage.
Post her $250,000 USD major refit in 2004, and during the past seven years, the MEZZA LUNA has undergone a subsequent continuing refit process. It is clear that considerable effort has been expended to ensure that the yacht is kept up to the highest standards. An abbreviated list of work includes a full bottom peel and rebuild that was completed in August of 2008 in Annapolis, Maryland. Since 2004, a new main engine, generator, standing rigging, electric heads and watermaker, updates for the communication, navigation & entertainment electronics systems have all been accomplished. Selected interior sections were revarnished over the past several years. There is also a set of DOYLE carbon racing sails (main, #2 & #3 new, 2008 and never used!) in the MEZZA LUNA inventory. Her topsides were AwlGripped White in the Summer of 2009.
In superb condition and exceptionally well-equipped, the MEZZA LUNA was surveyed in May of 2008 prior to her purchase by her present Owner and again in October of 2008 for compliance with United Kingdom commercial coding regulations. All necessary work to comply with the prevailing strict insurance standards has been accomplished in good order. Now in the Caribbean for the Winter Season, The MEZZA LUNA is actively offered for brokerage sale. She is also available for charter. Inspections and offers both are definitely encouraged for this exceptional SWAN 53 offering.