· All new cushions inside the boat 2014.
· Brand new headliner.
· All refinished teak railing.
· New engine mounts.
· And much more totaling about 60k just in 2014
Classic and sophisticated are the two words that come to mind first when looking at "Amazing Grace” in her slip. She has been meticulously maintained and constantly upgraded. Looking at a Grand Banks 42 is like taking a step back in time, but her owner has kept her up with modern effects in every way.
Some of her most notable upgrades consist of new Sea Frost refrigeration and freezer system, VacuFlush freshwater heads, new 2500 inverter/charger and batteries, and completely new exhaust systems from risers and hoses to rebuilt turbos. This Grand Banks 42 Classic is a beautiful and well-equipped vessel that is truly one of the original classic pleasure yachts. Grand Banks sets the bar for trawlers across the board from quality and functionality to design and aesthetics. The 42 is the pinnacle of craftsmanship and remains one of the bestselling models Grand Banks ever rolled out.
“Amazing Grace” affords a spacious cockpit and bridge. She features two large and private staterooms and her floor plan gives a feeling of tremendous comfort to any couple, family or group cruising together. Ample windows throughout all the cabins and salon area allow for an abundance of natural light and further contribute to the open and airy feeling. Many of the electronics have been recently upgraded and she is equipped with Twin Diesel Cummins Diamond Series engines that allow you to get where you are going at a leisurely cruise while still being capable of out running that coming storm and extra maneuverability in tight quarters while docking or in the harbor at your days destination. She affords all the creature comforts of home and provides the advantage to go wherever you want while bringing those luxuries with you.
- New LED Samsung 26” Flatscreen TV in salon (2013)
- 10 foot Achilles tender equipped with a 6HP 4 stroke Yamaha (2013)
- New deep cycle 6 volt Trojan volts (2013)
- New heat exchanger on Generator (2013)
- Surflo water pump and accumulator tank (2012)
- New LED speader lights (2012)
- New LED engine room lights (2012)
- Sea Frost Refrigeration/freezer system (2012)
- New freshwater vacuflush heads (2010)
- New 2 commercial 8D starter batteries
- All hoses replaced on engines 2009
- Heat Exchangers on engines cleaned fully in 2009 Glendenning synchronizers
- NEW battery wiring
- NEW Updated grounding & bonding wiring
- Onan 8KW Generator
- Anchor 1 CQR 45 lb. 150' 3/8 chain
- Anchor 2 DANFORTH 55 20' 3/8 chain 150' 3/4 nylon rode
- · NEW A/C Cruisair Marine Air 3 units (16K, 12k, 7k)
- Raymarine RL 70 (lower) + RL 80C (upper)
- Auto helm depth sounder/knot meter/log (upper & lower helm)
- Auto helm ST 7000 autopilot (upper & lower)
- Azmuth 1000 compass (upper & lower)
- Lower VHF Virgil RT 80
- Upper VHF Icom M422
- 3-burner electric stove
- Stainless steel microwave
- Lofrans Tigres Electric Windlass
- NEW Bose Speaker System
- New Eisenglass and enclosure
- New Bimini with New Full Enclosure
- Magma Propane Grill Stainless Steel
You can enter the saloon from both the port and starboard entrances. The first thing to notice is how large the living area feels. You will surely be impressed by the openness beautiful rich woodwork paneling covering nearly every inch of the cabin. A Grand Banks 42 truly is a work of art. Forward, is a lower helm station and equipped with a set of redundant electronics comparable to those at the upper station. Port of this is a gourmet kitchen capable of satisfying Lagasi himself. Across from the galley is a well-furnished entertainment system with a Samsung 26-inch flat screen TV mounted to the wall, Bose speakers, and Sony DVD player. This excellent space is filled with natural light allowed in through the nearly 360 degrees of windows in the cabin dressed in Grand Banks curtains for privacy when needed. This affords you and your guest excellent views of the beautiful surroundings of the amazing destinations the Grand Banks is capable of taking you.
- New Seafrost refrigeration and freezer system (2012)
- Stainless steel microwave
- Three burner electric Seaward stove with underneath oven
- Stainless steel dual sink
- Coverable cutting board
- Coffee maker
- L-shaped dinette with ultra-suede cushions
- Beautiful hand crafted wood table
- New Corian countertop white (2012)
- New faucet and fixtures (2012)
Stepping aft and down the companionway will lead you to the master stateroom. This extremely well appointed room affords and abundance of storage for all your belongings and a huge layout. A cent-lined queen berth dominates the room and and is laid with a custom memory foam matters and custom bedding. again the wood paneling is continued giving it an extra classy and elegant feel. This room offers several hanging lockers and a large master bath. Oversized portholes allow for natural light and a navigation table allows for chart plotting in peace and comfort. The master is equipped with its own AC unit with controls and has so many creature comforts that it will make you feel more than at home no matter where your excursions take you. The layout of the vessel is such that the master is located at the opposite end of the guest stateroom and both are capable of being shut off from the galley to form a sort of suite. This allows for guaranteed privacy throughout the vessel.
The forward stateroom is accessible by walking forward in the salon and stepping down the companionway. This room offers your guests the privacy of having there own bath and head as well as an abundance of storage for their entire gear ad belongings while at sea. The large V-berth allows for a full size configuration and provides extremely comfortable bedding for a nights rest. A custom memory foam matters and hand fitted bedding ensure that your guests will be dowsed in luxuries while in their quarters.
Stepping up to the bridge via the port side located steps you will note how expansive the area is. The beautiful teak decking continues here. This area provides great visibility for the captain while under way while allowing for a great area to entertain guests and watch the sunset. The bridge has been equipped with brand new cushions and canvas in 2009 as well as a new Bimini and full enclosure. She is equipped with a generous set of electronics.
- Autohelm ST7000 Auto Pilot
- Autohelm depth sounder
- RL 80 GPS
- Chart plotter with 2kw radar
- Icom M422 radio
- CD player
- 6HP/4 stroke Yamaha -10 foot Achilles tender electric wench to launch the tender.
When boarding the vessel, you will immediately notice her classic lines and how professionally maintained she is. She is laid with teak decking all the way around and allows for easy access from bow to stern. She is equipped with huge storage lockers on her aft deck and has custom canvas covering nearly every inch of teak on her to protect her from the elements. The bow is equipped with a windlass and both a Danforth and a plow style anchor, so settling in at your favorite anchorage in the islands is a breeze regardless of the bottom. For those shore excursion where island access is more difficult or while at mooring she has been outfitted with a 6HP 4 stroke Yamaha tender. This baby can run you to shore and launching her is a breeze thanks to the electric located on the boom.