Sleeps 6 (+ 2 hideaway) in 3 staterooms including 3 guest heads and 3 guest showers. The crew accommodations include 4 berths, 2 heads and 2 showers.
SORCERER II has 3 staterooms aft with a full width master suite aft with queen bed and overhead constructed of traditional mahogany tongue and groove (09), ensuite head with a tub and shower and a safe to secure valuables. There is separate access to the aft cockpit creating privacy and personalizing it for the owner’s use.
Two mirror image guest cabins forward of the master have twin beds plus fold down Pullman berths, and ensuite heads. The twin beds in the starboard cabin can be rearranged to create a double as the layout may require.
Five steps down from the center cockpit is the carpeted main saloon with comfortable appointments.
The forward end of a sofa at the foot of the steps is used as a seat for pull-out computer desk which has navigational and shipboard monitoring electronics on the fascia and three generous drawers facing athwart ship. Immediately forward is a plush helm chair with machinery controls to starboard and a full display of electronics; repeaters from cockpit instruments, radar and computer screen. The chair is set for a clear view of the foredeck and horizon to port and starboard, (depending on the angle of heel).
On the port side outboard of the companionway steps to the three aft cabins is a wet bar with a glass front cabinet for crystal and stemware, a drinks refrigerator and icemaker. A full length curved sofa outboard provides seating for four at the dining table facing three comfortable dining chairs on center-line.
A library office is located three additional steps down from the main saloon. The port side features the U shaped sofa facing a flat screen monitor below which are a small desk and bureau of drawers. Outboard is shelving for books with a locker for entertainment controls, film and video storage. The starboard side features an office desk with seating facing aft, ample drawer storage and enclosed shelving outboard.
Sea going chefs and cooks enjoy working in this well designed layout located to port between the lower saloon and crew quarters. A full size refrigerator on center-line gimbaled stainless stove with ceramic top and oven outboard, independent under counter freezer capacity, deep double sink installation and plenty of locker space. A crew dinette is on the starboard side. Equipment includes:
- Miele clothes washer and dryer
- Subzero under counter freezer
- Vitifrigo 24 volt storage freezer
- Side by side refrigerator/freezer – new 6/2011
- Whiteway refrigerator (upper salon)
- Bosch gimbaled stainless stove with ceramic top and over – new 2010
- Sharp microwave oven
- Scietech compact freezer 80 degrees C (engine room)
- Kenmore trash compactor
- Hoshizaki icemaker (upper salon)
Forward of the galley, two en-suite cabins provide four under/over berths outboard and hanging lockers set on the center-line.
The guest quarters are reached two steps down moving aft of the main saloon where two mirror image en-suite staterooms provide twin berths divided by a bureau of drawers have full drawer stowage underneath. Full length hanging lockers are located in each cabin.
The full width stateroom includes the head and stall shower to starboard aft of which is seating area with a desk and drawers adjacent to the companionway steps leading to the aft diving cockpit. A queen size berth is located to port with ample access space outboard. Lockers and shelving are located at the extreme outboard with full length hanging lockers located against the forward bulkhead.
- 380 volt AC system 50 Hz 3-phase with single phase adaptation for Air Conditioning, pumps, etc
- Rapid shore power multi-voltage transformer.
- 12/24 volt DC system
- Mastervolt DC-AC inverters 120 & 220 volt
- Northern Lights M439D.51 naturally aspirated 4-cylinder 33 kW 1500 rpm
- Northern Lights 16 kW 1800 rpm – 6/2011
Electronics and Navigational Equipment
- Icom M602 VHF radio – helm
- Icom M402 VHF radio – deck
- Seahail 8000 loud hailer intercom
- SAT C by KVH
- KVH Mini V-Sat – factory refurbished 2012
- Sirens WiFi extender – new 2010
- Kobelt hydraulic/Accu-Steer autopilot (pump unit)
- Furuno 48-mile radar
- Second Furuno radar Nav/Net with chartplotter - display in cockpit or below
- Nobletch IR2-4D 4Kw black box radar
- Furuno FFVC-582 video sounder
- Nobeltech Admiral Nav Program with radar overlay
- GPS Waas computer input
- Brookes & Gatehouse sailing instrumentation
- Satelitte Compass – new 6/2011
Syrens WiFi Extender
A/V System has multiple inputs with a multiple output display matrix system. This allows DVD, Sat TV, Nav computer, Office computer or Radar to be displayed on any of the 5 flat screens throughout the boat. Audio is selected via the Bose Lifestyle RF remotes to suit. Music is sotred on the file server and selected via the office computer, directly from an IPOD or the 6 disc CD changer. There are 3 fixed computers plus the owner’s wireless L.A.N. on the boat
Owner’s Cabin – Samsung 32” HD/LCD flat screen TV (’09), Sony Blue Ray DVD player (09), IBM Thinkpad docking station with Samsung 21” LCD Syncmaster 213T and Epson Stylus printer C84.
Lower Salon – Samsung 48” HD/LCD flat screen TV (09), Sony Blue Ray DVD player (09), office computer, Nav computer, file server, DVD writer, Epson Stylus C84 printer
Upper Salon – HP 20” LCD flat screen model 2035
Office – Dell 19” flat screen LCD; new in 2013
Nav Station – 17” Dell flat screen LCD
Cockpit Steering Station – 20” Sunbrite display
Crew Mess – Samsung 22" flat screen with BluRay
Cabins & Crew Mess – Pioneer stereos
Bose Lifestyle 20 music system
Bose cockpit speakers
KVH Satellite TV TracVision G6 w/decoders in salon and owner’s cabin
Composite construction over a combination of balsa and PVC foam on a male mold with laminates of unidirectional E glass and Kevlar bonded via vacuum bonded with catalytic curing epoxy resin cured at 45-50 degrees centigrade. Her construction is light for performance, buy very strong with her Kevlar and E glass laminates, epoxy bonding and carefully chosen core materials.
SORCERER II’ acoustical engineering ensures a quiet ride and no background noise from her machinery.
With an easy 10-11 knots on passages, a 240-260 mile day is ensured.
Her cockpit provides easy access to and from tenders or for diving and water sports.
Her ABS 5 year hull survey was completed in November 2009.
- 2 Plow type 265 lb stainless steel anchors
- 2 Simpson-Lawrence anchor winches
- Heavy duty SS arch w/KVH mini V-Sat
- Sea anchor and bridle plus rode
- 2 Jon Buoys
- Tank tender tank level indicators
- Biminis on both cockpits and Dodger on main cockpit, new 2010 plus new sun awning and cockpit cushions 2011
- Twin in-line drogues, plus bridle and rode
- Freshwater deck washdown
- New Dodger w/windshield in main cockpit (09)
Tenders & Toys
- Novurania 430 DL hard bottom inflatable with Yamaha 60 hp 4-stroke outboard (04)
- Bauer dive tank compressor with capability of filling 8 tanks per hour
Sails and Rigging
- Mainsail Carbon/Spectra/Mylar (5/09) fully battened by Renegade Sails/Scott Gibb in Annapolis, MD
- 3 Headsails – Staysail/Yankee/Reacher (4/10) Spectra/Vectran/Mylar by Evolution Sails/Scott Gibb
- Storm Staysail – Spectra
- Genaker by Evolution Sails (04) – Nylon 1.5 and .75 oz
- Rod standing rigging serviced January 2013; replaced two (2) Vs; new cold heads on all standing rigging
- New 1x19 reacher headstay
- Nilsson main halyard, main sheet captive winch
- Harken hydraulic and manual self-tailing winch
- 3 Harken hydraulic furlers
- Navtec backstay adjuster
- Southern Spars carbon fiber mast with in-boom furling for fully battened main
- Lewmar Commander Hydraulic System
- New Running rigging in 2006; spares include new halyard, genoa, reacher and genaker sheets
Safety And Fire Protection
- Givens 8-man and 12-man life rafts; serviced June 2013
- Kiddie ECS FM200 fire control system; serviced June 2013
- 3 Fire main discharges
- Fire axe
- 2 EPIRBS; new June 2013
- AQR AISB transponder (09)
- 7 dry powder fire extinguishers
- Fire blanket
- Entry-Intruder Alarm by Solution w/motion sensors and keypad arm/disarm
- Security Monitoring System w/2 Pelco cameras and Open Eye HD digital recorder, one is fixed at the stern in the arch and one at the second spreader w/pan tilt zoon from computer mouse control
Engine /Mechanical Equipment
- 1 x 300 hp Cummins 6CTA 8.3-M1 6-cylinder diesel with Racor filters
- Factory rebuilt June 2011; 600 hours
- New exhaust in June 2011 with new blankets
- Manual cable/quadrant steering
- MAX prop with adjustable Pitch
- Ritchfield 30 hp SVT bow thrusters rebuilt May 2013
- Ritchfield 30 hp stern thruster rebuilt May 2013
- Cutlass bearings new May 2013
- HEM 1200 gpd watermaker rebuilt May 2013
- 150 gallon gray water tank forward
- 150 gallon gray water tank aft
- 102 gallon black water tank forward
- 125 gallon black water tank aft
- Rheem 3 KW hot water heaters in two 24-gallon tanks
- 5 Sealand vacuflush toilets
- Air powered angle grinder (capable of cutting rod rigging on board)
From November 2012 through June 2013 SORCERER II went through a refurbishing period in the yard in West Palm Beach, FL. The mast was pulled while rigging was replaced and serviced, new wiring for electronics and lighting was installed. The mast and boom were painted. The topsides and deckhouse were painted and the interior was refurbished with new soft furnishings and carpeting.
Over the past three years SORCERER II has benefited from a rebuilt engine, new generator, new paint, new electronics, a refurbished interior, new main sail, new staysail and light sailed in Nantucket. She is more than ready for extended performance cruising for which she was designed.
The name “SORCERER II”, logo and sail number “USA80” as well as anything that is inscribed with the name “SORCERE II”. All personal effects, tools and the drifter are also excluded.