Windy are a product of traditional craftsmanship, enhanced with the aid of modern technology. The latest technological innovation is the Wintec hull concept, which gives improved performance, greater strength and reduced noise throughout the vessel.
The hull is reinforced with advanced multi axial glass fibre matting and Divinycell core. This allows a reduction in the boats weight of up to 20% whilst offering noticeably improved stability.
All the Windy models are CE-labelled. This means that Windy meets all the requirements laid down for quality control documentation and product liability within the EU. In the process of obtaining approval, the company has also introduced new methodologies construction principals and more advanced construction production equipment, resulting in more cost-effective and quality oriented processes in-house. But above all, Windy is a “Boat Builder” and not a manufacturer of boats, a philosophy which characterizes their production staff and all those within their distribution network.
Note: Freshly anti-fouled (2013).
Lay Up Weights (Reinforcement Only):
Deck - 9.05oz/ft2 (2.9kg/m2)
Topsides – 12.8oz
Chine – 21.6oz/ft2 (6.6kg/m2)
Bottom – 19.3oz/ft2 (5.9kg/m2)
Keel – 37.4oz/ft2 (11.4kgm2
- Volvo Penta – 2 x D3 160 EVC SX (160HP).
- C.438 hours run (January 2018).
- Volvo Penta throttle controls.
- Volvo Penta - engine instrumentation.
- Power assisted steering.
- Engine and drive oil changed and anodes replaced (2017).
- Engines and drives serviced, new bellows and seal kits on rams (2013).
Revs, Knots, L/NM, L/H, DBA.
1000, 5.6, N/A, 4.8, 65.
1500, 7.4, 0.95, 7, 70.
2000, 10.1, 1.58, 16, 72.
2500, 17, 1.53, 26, 79.
2800, 17.2, 1.63, 28, 81.
3000, 21.4, 1.58, 32, 81.
3200, 26.5, 1.31, 38, 82.
3400, 29, 1.52, 44, 82.
3600, 32.1, 1.62, 52, 83.
3800, 34.6, 1.73, 60, 86.
4000, 36.9, 1.84, 67.2, 84.
*Note – These figures are taken from Volvo tests and are intended as a guide only
- Luxury fittings in high gloss wood finish.
- Galley top in high grade composite.
- Wallas diesel fired ceramic hob.
- Sink with thermostatic mixer tap.
- Refrigerator (recently serviced/re-gassed).
- Lockers & shelves.
- Roof hatch.
- Opening port-lights.
- New floor (2013).
Heads / shower compartment:
- Manual Jabsco heads (recent new pump; locking type).
- Opening port-light.
- Sink with tap.
- Toilet roll holder.
- Towel hooks.
- Down-lights with chrome surrounds.
- Large L-shaped sofa.
- Sofa converting into a large sunbathing platform.
- Electro/hydraulic engine opening engine hatch.
- Adjustable pilot & co-pilot seats.
- Fire extinguisher.
- Self-draining cockpit.
- Shower on bathing platform.
- Canopy bars in stainless steel (dedicated storage in engine space).