Built in 1963, as INVERNESS this classic Sparkman & Stephens designed yawl was built for winning long distance ocean-going races as well as for comfortable cruising in any waters. She won the Antigua Classic Regatta in 2000 and is an Onion Patch winner. She underwent a major refit between 2004 – 2008 including:
- New frame heels
- Interior skin replaced
- New decks
- New cabin sides in ¼” book matched Honduras mahogany over marine plywood
- New nickel bronze opening ports with tempered glass
- New hatches
- New stanchions and deck hardware.
- Main and Mizzen were Awlgripped in 2009
- New Offshore Spars boom in 2004
- New Arco chromed bronze self tailing winches in 2005
- New LVJ mizzen halyard winch 2009
- New stern tube 2010
- New Beta Marine 75 engine 2010
- Teak and stainless steel rub rail 2008
Sleeps 8 in three cabins including salon.
From forward: Chain locker. Next, V-berth forward private stateroom with head and wash basin and hanging locker separated from the main salon.
Next, main salon contains 2 upper and lower berths, dining table with extensions, abundant storage space, cabinets, closets, and storage lockers, includes Luke soapstone stove.
Large galley to starboard with stainless steel sink 3-burner stove. Abundant storage space for glasses, cooking ware, utensils, etc.
Closed off owners cabin aft with 2 exceptionally long berths, private head with shower, teak-grated floor, etc. Abundant storage space in head for supplies, linens, etc. Hanging locker in master stateroom.
Separate companionway leading to aft cockpit from master stateroom. The entire interior of the yacht is mahogany and holly sole with white and mahogany bulkheads