The structural design for the hull has been approved by RINA. This implies another guarantee of the structural quality, which is also assured by the most advanced techniques and by the materials used. Aft deadrise of the hull is 14° and midship deadrise is 19°. Fibre-glass structure uses multiaxial fabrics with powder bonding agent. Infusion stratification method. Use of neopentilic isophtalic spray gelcoat.
Expanded PVC is used for sandwich structures on the broadsides, on the superstructure and on the bottom. The anti-collision fore bulkheads in the engine room, have a wooden and foam structure, sandwiched together. Dicyclopentadiene resin is used for the inner layers of the hull and for the superstructures. Vinylester resins (osmosis and marking resistance, print through) are used for the first external coats of the hull. On the basis of these features Azimut is able to offer a 5-year warranty against osmosis.
CATERPILLAR C9 6L -6-cylinder diesel engine.
Max. power output: 423 kW @ 2500 rpm (575 mHP)
Speed reduction gear/marine gear: ZF 286 IV, reduction ratio: 2.011:1.
Propellers: NiBrAl alloy, four blades, designed and built to optimise hull performance and to guarantee outstanding comfort during navigation.
Shafts: MAR 17 steel, diam. 60 mm; shaft supports in bronze.
- Main Features
- Voltages on board: 220 V AC, frequency of 50 Hz
- 24 V DC from battery units
- 24 V for negine supply
- 12 V DC obtained by power supply + VHF-dedicated power supply
- Thermomagnetic high reliance-switches or fuse elments for users' protection
- Kohler 3.5KW STD 220 V, 50 Hz stalled in the engine room with muffler and water/gas separator.
- Shore power sockets
- STD version; 1 shore power socket 220 V. 50 A
- A/C version: 2 shore power sockets (services and A/C) 220 V, 50 A.
- Batteries EXIDE version
- 6 Exide battery series 90 Ah for service users 924 V) 285 Ah
- 4 Exide battery series 90 Ah
- for starting engines (24 V) 190 Ah
- 1 battery series 70 Ah, 12 V for generator
- 1 electronic battery charger 24 V, for starting and services units
- All the units are activated by
- Soderei battery disconncector relay
- Cabins and head lights with 24 V lamps
- 24 V soft light system
- 24 V lighting for the engine room through fixed lamps and a portable one.