The Stellar 52 Center Cockpit LULU BELLE was named Boat of the Year in the Deck Saloon/Pilothouse category by Cruising World magazine in 2002 at Annapolis Show. The 52's styling, interior design and joinery, systems, hardware, rigging and equipment were praised as comparable to competitors costing up to twice the price. LULU BELLE is well equipped for cruising with all the luxury builder options including Leisure Furl stowboom, generator, reverse cycle AC, 4 electric winches, and state-of-the-art electronic package.
LULU BELLE's design pedigree features the work of Sparkman and Stephens as well as West Coast designer Bob Perry. She sails well in all conditions and offers a sea kindly motion and excellent directional stability in heavier offshore weather. There is a stepped transom/swim platform, and large comfortable cockpit with excellent visibility from the helm.
Below is a luxurious three stateroom interior arrangement featuring a bright, airy raised salon with two comfortable top grain leather seating. On deck is a comfortable cockpit with excellent 360 degree visibility from the helm. The exquisite cherry woodwork and quality construction and systems are the work of her experienced builder Queen Long. LULU BELLE is ready to go to sea. She has made 5 roundtrips from Hilton Head to Cape Cod, crossed the Atlantic and pulled into 40 ports in France and Italy
The large raised salon has an L-shaped settee to port with dining table and additional settee to starboard. The raised trunk cabin with side windows and (3) forward larger windows significantly enhances the salon. There are shelves and lockers outboard of each settee with a built-in entertainment center and additional storage outboard of the settee backrests. Top grain leather upholstery covers the settees and custom navigation seat. Forward of the salon are two guest cabins and additional head.
The navigation center is aft of the port salon seating and includes built-in console for electronics and AC/DC electric panel and a comfortable upholstered seat. It also works well as a ship's office. The galley is in the starboard passageway and includes front loading refrigeration and deep freezer. There is an inboard counter with double stainless sinks and storage lockers. Outboard is the gimbaled stainless stove with oven and additional counter space. All counters are Corian and have lockers above and below.
The master stateroom is aft and features a centerline queen with seating area adjacent to starboard. There are hanging lockers, numerous drawers and additional locker space to port opposite the seat. The ensuite head has separate stall shower.
Custom cherry interior (light South American cherry for vertical bulkheads and doors with darker American cherry for frames and moldings). All joinery work is of yacht quality finish with either gloss or satin finishes. Salon window shades and designer leather fabrics for all seating areas. Main salon headliner and under deck lights have dimmer controls, lamp custom push button latches for all doors and drawers. Porcelain sinks in heads. Panasonic 15" flat screen television and DVD. Five Hella turbo 12 volt fans. New custom made bed and pillow covers.
- CD music player in door next to Nav station
- 2 speakers in wall below starboard settee in main salon
Yanmar 85 hp diesel (4JH2-UTBE). Grohe fixtures; all copper fresh water piping; Forespar Marelon through hull fitting valves that do not require bonding; 110 volt and engine water heater. Oil changed every 100 hours.
- Reverse cycle heating and air conditioning system, 37,000 BTU
- Spectra watermaker Santa Cruz 200 g/p/d model
- Two Jabsco electric heads w/Jabsco electric macerator pumps
- Three-bladed Max Prop feathering propeller 21"
- Wema electric holding tank gauges
- Two fiberglass holding tanks with Y valves (30 gallon capacity)
- Racor series 500 fuel filter with vacuum gauge
- Fireboy automatic fire extinguisher in engine room
- Salt-water anchor wash down pump
- Sump pumps with filters for showers & galley sink
- Wema electric water tank level gauges
- Emergency crossover starting switch
12 Volt DC and 110 volt AC electric systems with breaker panels; Copper grounding strips running full hull length connected to external Zinc anodes; complete bonding system.
- Fisher Panda Mini 8 generator w/cross over emergency starting switch
- 60 amp auxiliary engine HC5629 alternator
- Balmar 3 speed automatic 150 amp max alternator to drizzle at low speed
- Statpower 2500 watt inverter/charger
- 800 amp hours house battery bank
- Engine starting battery
- Generator starting battery
- Interior red night lighting system
Hand lay up, solid hull construction with four longitudinal stringers per side for additional stiffness. Hull scantlings in excess of ABS offshore standards. Vinylester resin used in three outer laminations improving water resistance and layers of E Glass reinforcement are incorporated for added strength. Internal lead ballast. Watertight bulkheads fore and aft. Hull below water line has gel shield treatment. Massive solid bronze skeg for rudder protection.
The inward-turning hull flange provides a well-protected shelf to which the deck is mechanically fastened and laminated. The long, low-aspect-ratio fin keel is flared at the base and made of the same material as the hull. The thick FRP laminate encapsulates 12,000 pounds of lead ballast. The keel and rudder have benefited from modern hydrodynamics research.
Deck is fiberglass balsa sandwich construction for stiffness and insulation. All areas of the deck with through bolted fittings are solid laminates with backing plates. Teak decking including side decks, cockpit seating and cockpit floor.
- Teak toerail
- GRP pedestal mounted instrument pod
- Custom s/s stem head fitting w/anchor platform
- Dual pivoting s/s anchor rollers
- Lewmar Ocean heavy-duty windlass with dual controls
- Dinghy boarding ladder
- S/S transom mounted swim ladder
- Double s/s lifeline w/midship gates either side
- 36" diameter Whitlock "Fastnet" model wheel steering with hide covered wheel
- Folding cockpit table
- Lewmar opening portholes w/screens and beveled spigots
- Flush mounted external anchor locker
- Transom mounted hot and cold freshwater shower
Forespar keel stepped aluminum painted mast with double spreaders; four internal halyards; oversize 1 x 19 discontinuous wire rigging w/Norseman fittings; Navtec stainless steel turnbuckles. Spinnaker equipment package including mast mounted pole, all blocks, halyards and custom bow and tack control. Wichard quick adjusting inner forestay connection.
- Leisure Furl boom furling system, all controls lead to cockpit
- Spectra fully battened main sail
- 140% Spectra Genoa, Halsey Lidgard, brand new
- Hank-on staysail for moveable inner forestay
- Asymmetrical spinnaker with spinnaker sleeve
- Profurl N152 headsail roller furling
- Navtec integral hydraulic backstay adjuster with fail safe mechanism
- Inner forestay
- Runners with 1/2" diameter Warpspeed in lieu of standard wire
- Spare Genoa Warpspeed halyard (1/2", low stretch)
LADY MINA is one of the strongest, best finished contemporary semi custom raised salon yachts listed for sale. She is fast, set up to sail shorthanded and offers an exceptionally good motion at sea. Sparkman & Stephens designed her for extended passagemaking and comfortable liveaboard. LADY MINA has all the luxury yacht systems including generator, reverse cycle A/C, Leisure Furl stow boom, and watermaker.